NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

AlphaWave Trading Review (www.alphawavetrader.com)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one longboat with 13 posts (26 thanks)
    2. looks_two kimyew with 12 posts (2 thanks)
    3. looks_3 stymie with 10 posts (41 thanks)
    4. looks_4 kignkenny with 10 posts (36 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one rogera with 4.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two stymie with 4.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 kignkenny with 3.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 longboat with 2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 131,186 views
    2. thumb_up 352 thanks given
    3. group 65 followers
    1. forum 185 posts
    2. attach_file 3 attachments

Search this Thread

AlphaWave Trading Review (www.alphawavetrader.com)

rogera 
Spencer, WV 25276

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja Tradeer
Trading: 6E, CL, TF and ES
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 34

ab456 View Post
I think he referred 35K as the complete amount that he has spent on various stuff like software, indicators and trading rooms, and not the cost of a single software.

That is correct--this is the amount that I have spent (in excess of that and now with Alpha closer to 40K) since I started to day-trade in Feb 2008 on all software and trading rooms. I thought that I could always find a better software package, indicators and/or a trading room where I could win by taking their trades; however, as most who have been down this route can attest too--this is a losing proposition.

Until Alla, all the trading rooms wanted to sell their software and indicators. I do not think most (if any) actually traded for a living, but lived off newbies searching for the Holy Grail.

I could name those software packages I have tried and the trading rooms that I have been in; however, I am not going to go there: the reason is because their are traders who state they can use those methods and no doubt there are; however, I believe that they have incorprated other things they know and experience to be successful---experience and time in the market is the best teacher.

Once I got rid of all those indacators and learned price structure with candlestick patterns, then I became successful too.

Trading is the most difficult undertaking I have ever attempted. I have been highly successful in all my life endeavors until trading.

To be successful in trading, just about everything you learned to succeed in life has to be ignored. This was the most difficult part for me to do and I still struggle at times because I believed that one could always be successful as long as you gathered the facts/information; assimilated, analyzed and synthesized that information; and then used inductive and/or deductive reasoning to arrive at a good decision. This does not work in trading and it is difficult to accept that you will make wrong decisions at times in trading--especially when life has taught you how successful you have been in the past by using the aforementioned method.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
26 thanks
Diary of a simple price action trader
26 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
23 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
16 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
9 thanks
 Jack22 
Washington DC

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader7
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 108
Thanks Received: 84

rogera View Post
That is correct--this is the amount that I have spent (in excess of that and now with Alpha closer to 40K) since I started to day-trade in Feb 2008 on all software and trading rooms. I thought that I could always find a better software package, indicators and/or a trading room where I could win by taking their trades; however, as most who have been down this route can attest too--this is a losing proposition.

Until Alla, all the trading rooms wanted to sell their software and indicators. I do not think most (if any) actually traded for a living, but lived off newbies searching for the Holy Grail.

I could name those software packages I have tried and the trading rooms that I have been in; however, I am not going to go there: the reason is because their are traders who state they can use those methods and no doubt there are; however, I believe that they have incorprated other things they know and experience to be successful---experience and time in the market is the best teacher.

Once I got rid of all those indacators and learned price structure with candlestick patterns, then I became successful too.

Trading is the most difficult undertaking I have ever attempted. I have been highly successful in all my life endeavors until trading.

To be successful in trading, just about everything you learned to succeed in life has to be ignored. This was the most difficult part for me to do and I still struggle at times because I believed that one could always be successful as long as you gathered the facts/information; assimilated, analyzed and synthesized that information; and then used inductive and/or deductive reasoning to arrive at a good decision. This does not work in trading and it is difficult to accept that you will make wrong decisions at times in trading--especially when life has taught you how successful you have been in the past by using the aforementioned method.

You should start a journal with trades to help hold yourself accountable for breaking your bad habits.

Thanked by:
 stymie 
vancouver

Experience: None
Platform: NT
Thanks Received: 41

kignkenny View Post
HI stymie, I'd like to sign up to their education program, just needed to get some pointers from you, dont want to waste good money in case, can I bother you with couple of questions privately please?

Ask your Qs here, maybe others will learn something from them.

No need to worry about wasting money. Stay in the room for a few months and you should earn enough to cover the education fee (if you haven't earned that much after 4-5 months, you probably shouldn't be trading). But be prepared to withstand the "Hurry, sign up now before the prices go up" pressure.

Stymie

flipper26 
toronto, ontario/canada

Platform: ninjatrader, mt4
Trading: TF, Currencies, ZS

stymie View Post
Ask your Qs here, maybe others will learn something from them.

No need to worry about wasting money. Stay in the room for a few months and you should earn enough to cover the education fee (if you haven't earned that much after 4-5 months, you probably shouldn't be trading). But be prepared to withstand the "Hurry, sign up now before the prices go up" pressure.

Stymie

The prices did go up another $300 from when I first started looking at them. Now even more unaffordable - UGH!

longboat 
Philadelphia, Pa

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: Amp/CQG
Trading: CL, ES
Thanks Given: 902
Thanks Received: 217

stymie View Post
I am not in the room anymore. I would be if the fee they charge me would be to only recoup their costs to run the room. After paying for the education program, I don't think it's right for them to continue to make money from me from my attendance in their room. Makes me wonder if they do any of their own trading, or if their income is just from room and course fees. In retrospect, I should have just continued with the regular room fee and not bothered taking the course. If I ever get my time machine working, I will do this.

The tool is made available but it is just a fib retrace tool with custom labels to replace the % levels used. If they used the regular fib tool in the room, those secret levels wouldn't be secret any longer. I never used the customized tool, the built-in tool in Ninja (or whatever platform) works just as well as long as you know the levels. Shouldn't be too hard to figure out if you watch its use in the room.

Stymie thanks for fielding questions! I went in the room for one day after a webinar and didn't go back because I thought a few times she was calling out the entry after it had already moved ( like another room I was in did). I doubt you could have got her fill in the room all the time. I get the impression from you that the method is legit and ...

1. maybe if we study the 8 range chart she uses it might give me a heads up on when to be ready for her price? She does give a warning, but it is still possible to miss it.

2. The inverse risk/reward ratio put me off some. One of her trades hit Target One and then stopped out for an overall loss, but it shows up as a winner if you just look at the winning trades column. You think I could cover the cost of the room and make some money trading one contract to start? Could I get enough fills is my question?

3. I understand she has to make her levels "secret" or you could just use the Ninja tool, but she can't change them too much or they won't be Fibonacci, probably close?

She did say she doesn't trade live when she is moderating 2 rooms at once. Combine that with the constant emails to buy and watch her partner webinars and you can see why I was put off. I wouldn't pay anyone 3k again for education, but it seems like you didn't need the education package to make money, so I may give the monthly room a shot based on your comments, (thanks in advance, we'll see what you say). If you stay in the room long enough you will pay more than the education package! I guess I am figuring that you could have figured it out before that crossover of expenses happens after 18 months of room fees.

Thanked by:
 flipper26 
toronto, ontario/canada

Platform: ninjatrader, mt4
Trading: TF, Currencies, ZS

longboat View Post
Stymie thanks for fielding questions! I went in the room for one day after a webinar and didn't go back because I thought a few times she was calling out the entry after it had already moved ( like another room I was in did). I doubt you could have got her fill in the room all the time. I get the impression from you that the method is legit and ...

1. maybe if we study the 8 range chart she uses it might give me a heads up on when to be ready for her price? She does give a warning, but it is still possible to miss it.

2. The inverse risk/reward ratio put me off some. One of her trades hit Target One and then stopped out for an overall loss, but it shows up as a winner if you just look at the winning trades column. You think I could cover the cost of the room and make some money trading one contract to start? Could I get enough fills is my question?

3. I understand she has to make her levels "secret" or you could just use the Ninja tool, but she can't change them too much or they won't be Fibonacci, probably close?

She did say she doesn't trade live when she is moderating 2 rooms at once. Combine that with the constant emails to buy and watch her partner webinars and you can see why I was put off. I wouldn't pay anyone 3k again for education, but it seems like you didn't need the education package to make money, so I may give the monthly room a shot based on your comments, (thanks in advance, we'll see what you say). If you stay in the room long enough you will pay more than the education package! I guess I am figuring that you could have figured it out before that crossover of expenses happens after 18 months of room fees.

I`ve had a few free days in her room and I completely agree with all of your points, Longboat. With enough time in the room I think you can probably determine the fib levels that`re used. It is the other criteria that she uses to qualify the trade before entering that I think would be valuable to learn.
From what I`ve seen, you should be able to get enough trades especially if you trade TF, NQ and 6E, as she does, but I agree with your concerns on the risk/reward ratio.
If you do go ahead with it, I'd be interested in hearing your experiences.

rogera 
Spencer, WV 25276

flipper26 View Post
I`ve had a few free days in her room and I completely agree with all of your points, Longboat. With enough time in the room I think you can probably determine the fib levels that`re used. It is the other criteria that she uses to qualify the trade before entering that I think would be valuable to learn.
From what I`ve seen, you should be able to get enough trades especially if you trade TF, NQ and 6E, as she does, but I agree with your concerns on the risk/reward ratio.
If you do go ahead with it, I'd be interested in hearing your experiences.

Fellows, the fibs is nothing secret about them; however, how she draws the fibs is different than anyone else that I have seen and different than how I use to draw them too. The real secret to her trades is the price structure and candlestick patterns she uses plus the rules for those structures and patterns.

As I stated before, I never was a successful trader until I learned this method. It is well worth the price because if you learn this method, you can make a living in the market. In the last week I had 17 trades and 15 were winners!

I take my own trades using her method and not what Alla calls because she calls every possible trade she sees with her method. I personally take the high probabilty ones where I can see how the longer time frame charts are possibly setting up for her method too. I take trades primarily off the 8 and 13 range charts, but am watching the 21 range and 60 min charts too. If I enter off the 8 range I like to see the 13 range in a possible price structure too and if is not I take all my profit at the first target area.

I will be in trades that she calls, but I have already seen the pattern, and because she is watching 3 markets and answering questions she does miss some trades.

Another reason I do not follow her calls is that she is watching the 6E and NQ. I do not trade any of those. I use to trade the 6E but it has been so dead during the US session I have stopped. I follow the CL, Tf and ES now.

As far as her readjusting her fibs after an entry, you would understand if you knew the method. When she does this it is because she is calling the more conservative entry; however, she readusts the fib when the fill is because the conservative entry is not where the pattern is and you have to readjust the fib to get the proper price target.

I hope this helps you with some of your problems. I would say Stymie has not really learned the method and has it down pat, or he would be very happy with his results using the method.

supermht 
Naperville IL

Platform: ninjatrader
Broker: NT broker
Trading: NQ ES 6E GC CL
Thanks Given: 1,189
Thanks Received: 661

Mind sharing some charts here? That is more helpful than words

rogera 
Spencer, WV 25276

supermht View Post
Mind sharing some charts here? That is more helpful than words

Supermht,

I could show any entry and that could be a lie because anyone can trade the left side of the chart.

I believe you want to see charts and have explantions of the entry to try to learn the method without paying. I will not share such charts.

Howevere, I will share my performance record straight out of my Ninja so you have verification of my actual performance. This is more proof than any marked up chart can show about how well a trader can trade a method. I have not seen anyone else in Big Mike's offer this as proof of a method.

Send me an email and I will attach it to a reply. I did signa non-disclosure statement and am an honorable man as well as a Christian and cannot explain the method.

supermht 
Naperville IL

Platform: ninjatrader
Broker: NT broker
Trading: NQ ES 6E GC CL
Thanks Given: 1,189
Thanks Received: 661

I am not interested in records , thanks, and I think you made a good story of SALE

Last Updated on February 23, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts