NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

AlphaWave Trading Review (www.alphawavetrader.com)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one longboat with 13 posts (26 thanks)
    2. looks_two kimyew with 12 posts (2 thanks)
    3. looks_3 stymie with 10 posts (41 thanks)
    4. looks_4 kignkenny with 10 posts (36 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one rogera with 4.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two stymie with 4.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 kignkenny with 3.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 longboat with 2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 130,250 views
    2. thumb_up 352 thanks given
    3. group 65 followers
    1. forum 185 posts
    2. attach_file 3 attachments

Search this Thread

AlphaWave Trading Review (www.alphawavetrader.com)

longboat 
Philadelphia, Pa

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: Amp/CQG
Trading: CL, ES
Thanks Given: 902
Thanks Received: 217

tellytub View Post
what I dont understand is in the performance menu it all looks amazing, but are they all the "aggressive" trades that people are NOT supposed to take ... as you're supposed to take the conservative trades.

Ha she doesn't say what is an aggressive trade till after it loses and then she doesn't include it in the track record. Simply ridiculous ripoff for people paying for a trade room. Her solution? Spend $3k to learn the better trades... ah right!

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
24 thanks
The Program
17 thanks
 tradermark2009 
Concord, CA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Charts and NT7
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: Mini's and CL
Thanks Given: 975
Thanks Received: 276

Here is the URL for BBTrades: BBTrades Base Pack - BBTrades The indicator is BBT_ABC

It has a lot of different settings on this indicator. Waves, ABC,'s ect

Here is the manual, this is a partial since users get a detailed one which is 94 pages: https://www.bbtrades.com/uploads/3/9/0/9/3909145/bbtrades_indicator_guide_-_nt7_brief.pdf

flipper26 View Post
do you have the URL for BBT? Would like to check it out. Thanks

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BBT_ABC Indicator Counting Waves Colors 3 Waves.jpg
Views:	443
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	91691  
Thanked by:
 tradermark2009 
Concord, CA

Platform: Sierra Charts and NT7
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: Mini's and CL
Thanks Given: 975
Thanks Received: 276

Longboat, you're right. For 3 days we only watched her trade, and wrote them down. Her aggressive trades that were losers, not all were recorded, and the all the aggressive winners were. So as usual do not believe her stats they are fiction, and not exact. It's really too bad the first 2 days she have 1 loser, and it was recorded....but from that point one, her loses where not always recorded as such. She did say for the most part, that the trades were aggressive prior to the trades to taking them....I do not remember if she called all of them.

longboat View Post
Ha she doesn't say what is an aggressive trade till after it loses and then she doesn't include it in the track record. Simply ridiculous ripoff for people paying for a trade room. Her solution? Spent $3k to learn the better trades... ah right!

ironman07 
Kansas City Mo.

Platform: Tradestation
Broker: tradestation
Trading: es
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 47

tradermark2009 View Post
Here is the URL for BBTrades: BBTrades Base Pack - BBTrades The indicator is BBT_ABC

It has a lot of different settings on this indicator. Waves, ABC,'s ect

Here is the manual, this is a partial since users get a detailed one which is 94 pages: https://www.bbtrades.com/uploads/3/9/0/9/3909145/bbtrades_indicator_guide_-_nt7_brief.pdf

Trademark Would you mind starting a thread on BBT? their manual actually looks detailed and has many good trading examples with explanations.. Any other feedback you might have appreciated.

longboat 
Philadelphia, Pa

Don't ever sign up for newsletter updates. I have tried to unsubscribe three times and it is impossible. You also get one every day from some other vendor like Felton Trading to name one, that she sells your name to!

gilharris 
Corpus Christi, Tx

Trading: 6E
Thanks Given: 28
Thanks Received: 12

I've been reading the comments about Alpha Wave Trader. I like everyone else, did the one week free and then signed up for a monthly subscription. I figured I could just make money following her. There were times that I was in her trading room that I missed trades, because they occurred so quickly. After about 2 weeks in the class, I could tell she really did see something and I wanted to learn it, so I signed up for the education class. The 1st week in the class, I could see the trades and by the 3rd week I started trading a live account. I have been profitable ever since. What I liked most about the program, is that once I finished, I had a trading plan. I knew when to get in and out of a trade. How many contracts to trade, where to place my stops, what time of day and what days to trade. I don't need anyone to hold my hand anymore. I can see and take the trades by myself.
Until learning her method, it is hard to understand why so many of the trades that are taken have bad ratios. I only take trades that give me a minimum of a 1 to 1 ratio. There are normally one or two trades a day that setup on the instruments I trade. After learning her method, I know that it would be next to impossible to trade 3 instruments with a live account. So many of the trades occur so quickly. If she only traded the conservative trades that I take, very few people would be patient enough to sit there day after day waiting on a trade. I'm thankful I learned from her.

aligator 
Las Vegas, NV
Market Wizard

Platform: Abacus, Slide Rule, HP-65
Trading: Futures, Stocks, Options
Thanks Given: 1,071
Thanks Received: 5,988

Does Ala Peters from AlphaWave go by the name Josephine on certain forums?

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 gilharris 
Corpus Christi, Tx

Trading: 6E
Thanks Given: 28
Thanks Received: 12

Not that I'm aware of

Thanked by:
 rogera 
Spencer, WV 25276

Platform: Ninja Tradeer
Trading: 6E, CL, TF and ES
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 34

gilharris View Post
I've been reading the comments about Alpha Wave Trader. I like everyone else, did the one week free and then signed up for a monthly subscription. I figured I could just make money following her. There were times that I was in her trading room that I missed trades, because they occurred so quickly. After about 2 weeks in the class, I could tell she really did see something and I wanted to learn it, so I signed up for the education class. The 1st week in the class, I could see the trades and by the 3rd week I started trading a live account. I have been profitable ever since. What I liked most about the program, is that once I finished, I had a trading plan. I knew when to get in and out of a trade. How many contracts to trade, where to place my stops, what time of day and what days to trade. I don't need anyone to hold my hand anymore. I can see and take the trades by myself.
Until learning her method, it is hard to understand why so many of the trades that are taken have bad ratios. I only take trades that give me a minimum of a 1 to 1 ratio. There are normally one or two trades a day that setup on the instruments I trade. After learning her method, I know that it would be next to impossible to trade 3 instruments with a live account. So many of the trades occur so quickly. If she only traded the conservative trades that I take, very few people would be patient enough to sit there day after day waiting on a trade. I'm thankful I learned from her.

I have not posted for awhile, but will post once again. I agree with Gil that one has to wait for the best setups. Additionally, I also find it difficult to trade more than one instrument--reason is because to analyze the highest probability setup takes some time and I miss trades on other instruments when I attempted to trade 3 instruments. One can trade a slow instrument--like ZB, ZN or ES with a faster instrument like TF, YM or NQ; however, I still will miss trades. But to trade CL with another instrument I find it impossible for me.
If any of you cannot trade nor know how to read waves and candlestick patterns, then she can teach you this. She taught me this when no other room (of many that I have been in) did.
Steve Nison teaches candlestick patterns, but does not teach you how to trade the patterns. The question you need to ask yourself is: is it worth over $3,000.00 (or whatever she is now charging) to learn this. You have to decide this for yourself.
I am no longer in the trade or education room, and have not been since August. I learned the method in
April of 2012 and have had a few months time to evaluate it. I am not one that wants to sit around everyday a few hours watching my charts and may not get even one good setup for that day. Therefore, I now trade another method but still use Alla's method when it sets up--what I mean by this is if I am not in a trade, I will take one, but if I am already in a trade and it sets up I will go for higher profit targets from my initial entry.
What she taught me has improved my trading, although I no longer strictly trade her method alone.
When i first started her method I took many setups, but did not restrict it to the highest probability ones. I had a fantastic record for the first 10 days, but then I started not to have such a good record and actually would have losing days and breakeven weeks. It was then I knew I had to wait for the really high probability set ups; however, there were too few of them each week to earn the money I require to live.
The weekly income that I require is the reason that I had to go to another method for trading (I am retired and have been using up my IRAs while learning to trade). Additionally, I would not always get filled on 5 contracts on the illiquid instruments where you get more setups than you do on ES. Therefore, on the low volume instruments that I mentioned above one cannot put on the amount of contracts that would return a livable return when waiting for one to three high probability trades a week using her method alone on one instrument.
Additionally, if one uses the stops she teaches and the profit targets she teaches, one can actually lose even when you gets the first target on multiple contracts--unless you wait for the best setups that rarely occur; and, you are lucky if you get more than one from 9:00 to 11:30 EST; AND, you move your stops differently than she teaches.
I have mentioned in my earlier posts about too many trading the method on the illiquid instruments--no fills or partial fills unless you want and accept slippage by doing market orders.
Alla does not trade a live account but makes her living off of her room. She acknowledges this and states her reasons why she does not trade a live account, but I wonder if this is the whole story????
In summary, she does teach a method where one can trade and can succeed, if you learn proper money management, only take the high probability trades when they present themselves, and are satisfied to make at best a few hundred dollars a week trading 3 contracts. Additionally, I had to marry other time frame charts with the basic 8 and 13 range charts she uses in order to get the highest probability trades--this is the reason I could only trade one market using her method alone.
I believe most traders in her education room are simulating and not trading live accounts--or they were when I was there through August of this year. Gil, Jonathan (no longer in the room) and myself were the only traders that I know that traded a live account. I do not know any traders that make good money ($150,000.00 per year or more) that are using her method alone. The ones that make good money, that I know, have combined her method with other things they know or trade their own methods.

longboat 
Philadelphia, Pa

Yea sure we believe you, ......NOT!

Last Updated on February 23, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts