NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Shadowtraders system. Scam or real? (www.shadowtraders.com)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one trader2 with 40 posts (28 thanks)
    2. looks_two tigertrader with 11 posts (58 thanks)
    3. looks_3 jodistrict with 9 posts (14 thanks)
    4. looks_4 cory with 8 posts (4 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one tigertrader with 5.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Cheech with 4.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 jodistrict with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 trader2 with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 70,281 views
    2. thumb_up 172 thanks given
    3. group 29 followers
    1. forum 142 posts
    2. attach_file 7 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Shadowtraders system. Scam or real? (www.shadowtraders.com)

Marc V
Delray beach, FL USA

Thanks Given: 12
Thanks Received: 6

Guys, I have been to 3 free webinars from this website called shadowtraders.com Personally I see red flags all over. Yet I am intrigued by the way they use their charts. They claim their oblong S/R lines are their proprietary fractal lines you get with their course. Yep, that's red flag #1. However on other forums I have met 2 guys that claim they are happy with it.(might be shills) Tomorrow and I think every tuesday night at 8pm they give a free webinar. I watched 3 so far. I wrote to them 3 times asking questions. They trade only Forex futures and the problem for me is they either try to scalp 2-4 ticks or a trend trade to them is 8-10 ticks. They use 1 minute charts. Thats scary! Has anyone bought their course and charts before. It appears on their site like it would take 8 weeks to complete as they claim.

They claim they want you to keep reducing your tick targets till you can get an 85% win ratio. Nothing else is acceptable they say. I would love to have a system that wins 85% but not if I lose it all back on the other 15% losers! Anyway, they claim to be releasing 2 new indicators for their platform/charts in tomorrows webinar and they are going to offer to have live traders of their system call and talk to you and give an honest (?) opinion. Id like to get a few of us in there and see if we dont get the same guy calling us. My opinion is that for $999 I want to see some kind of proof which they never seem to provide. If anyone has heard of them and may be interested, tune in tomorrow and let me know your opinion. Remember......I am very, very leary of this and all vendors who sell a product either on the Internet and especially at a trade show. But if you can learn to use a vendors charts and make them your own, sometimes it could be worth it. You tell me......

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
25 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

aediaz1 
Oslo

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Forex
Thanks Given: 20
Thanks Received: 39

Even though they have phone-number and firm address, it seems like a marketing gimmick to me. All the typical non-sense; make $$ every day, bla bla.

And what serious person(s) above 20 years old with success in the market would call themselves "shadowtraders" ?

"We may not be able to control the wind, but we can always adjust our sails"
Follow me on Twitter

vvhg 
Northern Germany

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT
Trading: FDAX, CL
Thanks Given: 1,016
Thanks Received: 2,824

aediaz1 View Post
And what serious person(s) above 20 years old with success in the market would call themselves "shadowtraders" ?

I would, as I would try to stay in the shadows. Which is exactly what the vast majority of successful traders are doing, I believe.

vvhg

Hic Rhodos, hic salta.
Thanked by:

tigertrader 
Philly, Pa
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Master
Trading: ES, ZB
Thanks Given: 6,662
Thanks Received: 36,257

Are you referring to Barbara Cohen's ShadowTraders?

Follow me on Twitter

vvhg 
Northern Germany

tigertrader View Post
Are you referring to Barbara Cohen's ShadowTraders?

Seems to be the one.

vvhg

Hic Rhodos, hic salta.

Jigsaw Trading  Jigsaw Trading is an official Site Sponsor

Thanks Given: 831
Thanks Received: 10,393

aediaz1 View Post
Even though they have phone-number and firm address, it seems like a marketing gimmick to me. All the typical non-sense; make $$ every day, bla bla.

Well....

I worked with an Aussie company once - they were in the financial area, can't remember what any more as it was so long ago and I was just consulting..

Anyway - the name they chose for themselves was "Plan B"

I believe their competitor "Plan A" cornered the market....

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

tigertrader 
Philly, Pa
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Master
Trading: ES, ZB
Thanks Given: 6,662
Thanks Received: 36,257

vvhg View Post
Seems to be the one.

vvhg

In that case; don't waste your time. I met her 2 or 3 times, when I still resided in Chicago. Two of my buddies, who were both OEX traders at the CBOE were associated with her when she first started out. They were going to be her "expert traders"/ instructors. Barbara is not a trader. I don't believe she has ever had any of her own money in the market. She is a relatively intelligent woman, but also quite a bit loony. Her expertise lies in marketing, and this is what her company is all about. She is also a practitioner of Scientology, and she got her business off the ground by targeting and selling to other Scientology wackos. Please believe me when I tell you she is clueless in reference to trading.

Follow me on Twitter
 jta3 
Copenhagen, Denmark

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Fib Fib and Fib.!
Trading: Setup
Thanks Given: 55
Thanks Received: 162

I have seen some of the webinar.
As I see it the fractals line don't quit fit with this indicator FractalsSRLines.

View Download Details - Big Mike's Trading Forum

but most line fit.
Trendline looks like T3 indicator, and is a nice tool for trend.

some of the things there have been said is Fibonacci don't work and it's only there tools there works.
I se one big issue, you can't test software for just one week or so. There are many software solution there give this opportunities.

And i want to se live trading on webinar. I have not seen enough of live trading and not seen one StopLoss on chart.
I have my doubt and need to se live trading before i can make any decision .

vvhg 
Northern Germany

tigertrader View Post
In that case; don't waste your time.

Don't worry, I'm not looking for any room or anyone/anything else to follow. I believe that there is more value in some posts on futures.io (formerly BMT) and some books I enjoy reading....

vvhg

Hic Rhodos, hic salta.

Closed Thread

Last Updated on September 16, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts