NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Shadowtraders system. Scam or real? (www.shadowtraders.com)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one trader2 with 40 posts (28 thanks)
    2. looks_two tigertrader with 11 posts (58 thanks)
    3. looks_3 jodistrict with 9 posts (14 thanks)
    4. looks_4 cory with 8 posts (4 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one tigertrader with 5.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Cheech with 4.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 jodistrict with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 trader2 with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 70,253 views
    2. thumb_up 172 thanks given
    3. group 29 followers
    1. forum 142 posts
    2. attach_file 7 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Shadowtraders system. Scam or real? (www.shadowtraders.com)

trader2 
Berlin,Berlin

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Ninja/CGQ
Trading: CL
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 51

Okay this is a snapshot of one of my CL charts.
I had to copy it from the other computer, that takes some time...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CL 03-12 (1 Min)  2_15_2012.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	62734  
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
26 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
 trader2 
Berlin,Berlin

oh, it is very small, sorry...

trader2 
Berlin,Berlin

I use 15 min for big picture.
As you can see it is flat.
But you can see the fractals.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CL 03-12 (15 Min)  2_15_2012.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	321.0 KB
ID:	62736  
Thanked by:

cory 
virginia

Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,090

trader2 View Post
oh, it is very small, sorry...

mike has a how to here How-to Capture and Upload a [AUTOLINK]Screenshot[/AUTOLINK] - Big Mike's Trading Forum

also with ninja all you have to do is right click on chart, image, save as then save it to your computer then attach it to your post.

Thanked by:
 trader2 
Berlin,Berlin

Thank you!

Yes, I found out how to copy it.
If you click on the chart it will be bigger.

This is just an exemple how the chart with the fractals look like.

trader2 
Berlin,Berlin

Honestly, there are 5 moving averages.
EMA 13
SMA 20,50,100,200
MACD with settings 19/38/9
Stochastics with settings 5/20/5
LinReg 4 and 9, it is in Ninja

pivots, high/low/close from yesterday, calculated by shadowtraders

this is considered as trend following if they are in alignment on different timeframes

or
as barriers, especially in the 1 min chart

out of that they created different indicators to better show. Arrows etc., for "lazy traders".

and their "fractals" which they calculate from counting every single trade. A nicer way to read the tape. Perfect tape readers do not need those fractals. It is just a visualization.

trader2 
Berlin,Berlin

This is a snapshot of a "gapclose trade".

The blue candles show that you can do a gapclose here.
It bounces from yesterdays high and tries to touch the 13 EMA on the 1 min chart.

There are 8 rules to consider to be safe on that trade. These are my favorite trades.
I would not have taken this one as we are on the red SMA 200, and BuySellVolume does not show me a spike.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CL 03-12 (1 Min)  2_15_2012.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	62742  
Thanked by:
 trader2 
Berlin,Berlin

THey do classes for training every wednesday and thursday. Class begins now, at 11AM to 1 PM, held by Melanie and it comes for free, with the course. Melanie teaches how to follow a trend by using the moving averages and the LinReg which have to be parallel. I am not a trend trader, but I go to the wednesday classes. Thursday classes are not for my time zones.

So I apologize - I will listen now... cannot do more postings now...

Thanked by:
Marc V
Delray beach, FL USA

Thanks Given: 12
Thanks Received: 6

trader2 View Post
THey do classes for training every wednesday and thursday. Class begins now, at 11AM to 1 PM, held by Melanie and it comes for free, with the course. Melanie teaches how to follow a trend by using the moving averages and the LinReg which have to be parallel. I am not a trend trader, but I go to the wednesday classes. Thursday classes are not for my time zones.

So I apologize - I will listen now... cannot do more postings now...

Trader 2,

Thank you so much for these charts. This is really what it's all about here. TRADERS HELPING TRADERS! As Woodie whom I believe actuallly invented the "Woodies CCI" indicator would say "No candle ever went out by lighting another candle. " Yes I can see the charts were flat. However the chartsd are great. Why? They show me that the way the fractals are sent up to go long, along with your "curving down" indicators that say its not time to go long..I can see that you could probably get in on a trade in either direction and still be able to jump out if you are wrong regardless of how you interpret the trade. Why? For me, its because I like to take trades that have big R/R/ ratios of like 3-1 or better. My minimum is 2-1. But maybe that criteria might be holding me back. Maybe I need to risk more, to win less. I know that is counter intuitive, but every person I talk to says the key to success in trading is always risking a little money to make a lot on each trade. But if we "all" know this, why are most of us who do it like me, still not getting the results they want and being comfortable with it. I am always apprehensive before any trade regardless of how great the r/r/ is because I cant EVER seem to stay in the "over 50%" winning trades category to build my confidence enough to trade sufficient capital to make a living at futures/forex and have confidence of winning every single week. Thats always been my goal. Not to win every day which is unrealistic, but to never have a losing week. I need to "know" that, rather than hoping to achieve that. Maybe this system would help me do that or lead me towards making up my own system where I can trade "without ANY indicators" and have the eye to see a chart and know which way I should go by learning pattern recognition and using indicators know more like training wheels on a bicycle for small children....just something to use for a while until you can discard them at some point!

I cannot however deal with a 1 minute time frame to trade from. Do you think I could make Barb's system work if using a 233 tick chart or even a 4-renko chart which I use now? I need at least 3-5 min between bars to "feel" I am in control and to BE calm. Otherwise I could have just stayed with stocks and deal with the pressure of having to trade a different stock every day. Been there, done it. Hated that way because your nervous system gets shot from constantly scanning new charts and symbols.

What do you think about that? and btw....... are you coming close to being profitable consistently? I was told there is about a 2 month learning curve to make it really work if you are an intermediate level trader like myself. Trader 2, thanks again for posting those charts to let me see a couple of indicators,, as I admit I dont want to really hear any more "Dont trust anyone and learn your own stuff" even one more time here. =)... Why? I do that now and I am all over the place from reading about different methods and modalities from other traders, some who are really, really good and claim to be making a living at this game we call trading. Anyway, some guy left me his number on my phone while I was away these last few days saying he could answwer any questions I have. Heck, Ive spoken to 2 or 3 traders from this organization, I need to hear something that makes that light bulb go on and I go "BAM, This method makes me feel very confident and comfortable. Alas, I DO NOT get that feeling yet. I will call back and make a decision. I still feel something holding me back. Still, I would love to just focus on one instrument and master it already. Perhaps the 6E which Melanie claims is her favorite and I like it as well. So that would be a compatible start right there. Hmmmmm........

muchos gracias,
Marc

Thanked by:
 jta3 
Copenhagen, Denmark

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Fib Fib and Fib.!
Trading: Setup
Thanks Given: 55
Thanks Received: 162

Latest webinar
https://www.shadowtraders.com/Shadowtraders02142012Webinar.zip

Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on September 16, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts