NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Shadowtraders system. Scam or real? (www.shadowtraders.com)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one trader2 with 40 posts (28 thanks)
    2. looks_two tigertrader with 11 posts (58 thanks)
    3. looks_3 jodistrict with 9 posts (14 thanks)
    4. looks_4 cory with 8 posts (4 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one tigertrader with 5.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Cheech with 4.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 jodistrict with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 trader2 with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 70,281 views
    2. thumb_up 172 thanks given
    3. group 29 followers
    1. forum 142 posts
    2. attach_file 7 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Shadowtraders system. Scam or real? (www.shadowtraders.com)

Cloudy 
desert CA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT7, various
Broker: various, TDA
Trading: NQ,ES
Thanks Given: 2,396
Thanks Received: 1,748

One could adjust the colors and thickness of the extra lines and indicators to make the price more visible. Also click the price bars to select, then Shift+mouse wheel Up/Down to change it's foreground priority among all the visual elements.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
25 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
 Peter2150 
Washington DC

Platform: NinjaTrader
Thanks Given: 110
Thanks Received: 117

Although off topic for this thread, since Rockwell was mentioned and in fact attacked I want to reply.

First, for the record, I have no affiliation with Rockwell other than that of a satisfied customer.

I was unaware of Fritz’s blog, but had I been it might have stopped me from contacting Rockwell, and would have missed the opportunity to learn from them. I can only recount my experience with them, and it’s been positive

As to the “Trading Room”, I like the way it is run. Currently the main moderator is indeed Rollie White, and he does in fact trade a live account. This is apparent from the reactions from the platform as he gets fills, and also he does occasionally show the PnL screen which also shows a real account number. That he doesn’t use Rockwell’s Money management and increase lot size should be obvious to all. Trading and managing a room is a handful. I wouldn’t do that either. Also even Rollie strongly advises against “Shadowtrading”

I to at first was disappointed that the forum shut down, but then seeing what happens on other forums where I moderate, I fully understand. The only thing I missed was the Ninja Templates for their setup. That has since been remedied as they provide the templates free of charge to their customers.

Now as for the Seahawk Strategy. No one in the right mind wouldn’t agree that to just start and trade Seahawks on every bar would be the quickest road to ruin. But Markus and Rollie have never said that. Markus always points out that if you have a couple of successful Seahawks to stop, as a loss will come, and wipe out profits.

Since my profit goal is only $50/contract per day, two, 2 tick, Seahawk trades would meet that goal. What then is needed is a trading plan. Keeping statistics per Mark Douglas’s Trading in the Zone, I have so far tested two successful trading plans. The first came from Markus’s comment. It is simple, watch the market until a Seahawk fails with a loss. At that point wait for the next bar that yields a winning trade. On completion of that bar, take a Seahawk. It is a successful plan. Second plan is only take a Seahawk once the entry is very close to or on a Pivot point, or one of the associated Support or Resistance points. This also yields success. I am currently testing a third.

Anyway enough from a satisfied customer.

Thanked by:
 jta3 
Copenhagen, Denmark

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Fib Fib and Fib.!
Trading: Setup
Thanks Given: 55
Thanks Received: 162

Lates Webinar

https://www.shadowtraders.com/Shadowtraders02142012Webinar.zip

And they mention Bigmike with a smile.

Richie Z 
Vancouver, BC, Canada

Platform: NT
Broker: Ninja-Traders Technology
Trading: 6E, ZN, CL
Thanks Given: 115
Thanks Received: 18

Hi there, i bought shadowtraders course last year before i discovered Big Mike's Trading Room--i was astounded to find Perry's Trading system almost identical to shadowtraders (ST), except he uses a 20EMA vs a 20SMA, and Perry uses a visual SMA1 and 3 vs a LinReg4&9. Given Perry's clear explanation, if you're interested in what ShadowTraders does, go learn Perry's system. They both do the very same thing--especially with the latest iteration of tools Perry is talking about. YOu can trade both systems on bigger time charts, 3m and 5m are especially good, i also use 4Range when it is slow, 6-8R during morning trading when things are faster. I like the way Perry has taught that you can see everything in one chart by combining a higher timeframe within the second frame of the chart, which gives you the longer trend to follow. Me--i am still not as consistently successful as i would like to be, and i know it has everything to do with my impatience and jumping in too soon, anicipating price action and not waiting for the charts to tell me. Both methods mean you MUST be willing to kill the trade fast if it goes against you, but both systems teach how to find the sweet spot and catch a nibble. How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. . . . So--my 10 cents worth of advice--go learn for free from Perry . . .
p.s. i don't know which one is the chicken and which one the egg (i wonder if they are part of one and the same sometimes)--i just know that ST brought out their multi-time frame indicator at the end of january which Perry has just introduced. However, all i want to say is that I am delighted to see that it is here and it is free and others can learn this system if it talks to them and i appreciate Perry's ability to teach and his willingness to answer people's questions to help those who want to learn this methodology. There are great teachers here on futures.io (formerly BMT) and we are very lucky indeed.

BeachTrader 
Phoenix AZ

Experience: Beginner
Broker: AMP / CQG
Trading: CL, ES, NQ
Thanks Given: 153
Thanks Received: 432

Hey thanks Richie. I have been fascinated with ShadowTraders but not enough to actually pay money for them, so I will definitely check out Perry's webbies and stuff. Thanks for the info.

trader2 
Berlin,Berlin

Broker: Ninja/CGQ
Trading: CL
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 51

see my postings and my equity curve using shadowtraders here in this thread

jta3 
Copenhagen, Denmark

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Fib Fib and Fib.!
Trading: Setup
Thanks Given: 55
Thanks Received: 162

I got this Email with live trading. Maybe this can give more clarification.

Welcome to Shadowtraders

Many of you have asked for a live demo during market hours. We normally do them at night, but Shadowtraders lead trainer, Melanie Son, is going to host a live demonstration tomorrow at 9:00am EST.

Melanie will be able to show you the effects of the unemployment number on Futures.

So join her in the morning.
Friday March 9th, 2012 9:00am EST

[COLOR=#0066cc]https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/991162618[/COLOR]
--
ShadowSupport

Thanked by:
 jodistrict 
san diego

Platform: FXCM MarketScope, NT, Interactive brokers, AMP
Broker: FXCM, Interactive Brokers
Trading: FOREX, IWM, SPY, XLE, NQ
Thanks Given: 72
Thanks Received: 145

I joined ST last week, and my initial impression is positive. I have spent thousands before on useless courses, but this course seems to be making a genuine effort to present a trading system and high quality information (more than what you can get in a book) to help new people learn trading. Their database has a detailed description of their indicators, trading videos illustrating many different concepts of trading and markets, videos showing the chart alongside the DOM in order to give precise instructions of how to make an entry, and a chat room with live trading. Also, in reference to previous posts, this system is completely different than Perry’s system. To say that they are the same because they both use fractals is like saying two systems that happen to use the MACD must be identical. Also, the system is scalable. One of the lead traders likes to counter trade and takes 3 ticks, however techniques are also taught for longer term trades. Today I traded 1 contract of NQ on NT's live simulation mode using their strategies and was up $200. This is very preliminary and only a first impression.

Thanked by:
 avall38486 
Dallas, Texas

Platform: ninjatrader
Trading: crude oil
Thanks Given: 78
Thanks Received: 43

JodiStrict,
I would like to know your progress since joining ST. I am about to join them. They have a 4 days training soon, but my schedule is very restricitve. Thanks ib advance for any updates.

rdtw 
Des Moines Iowa United States

Platform: NT Ensign MT4
Trading: drums
Thanks Given: 14,996
Thanks Received: 38

jodistrict View Post
I joined ST last week, and my initial impression is positive. I have spent thousands before on useless courses, but this course seems to be making a genuine effort to present a trading system and high quality information (more than what you can get in a book) to help new people learn trading. Their database has a detailed description of their indicators, trading videos illustrating many different concepts of trading and markets, videos showing the chart alongside the DOM in order to give precise instructions of how to make an entry, and a chat room with live trading. Also, in reference to previous posts, this system is completely different than Perry’s system. To say that they are the same because they both use fractals is like saying two systems that happen to use the MACD must be identical. Also, the system is scalable. One of the lead traders likes to counter trade and takes 3 ticks, however techniques are also taught for longer term trades. Today I traded 1 contract of NQ on NT's live simulation mode using their strategies and was up $200. This is very preliminary and only a first impression.

WOW! Thank you jodistrict for a very lucid post.

avall38486 View Post
JodiStrict,
I would like to know your progress since joining ST. I am about to join them. They have a 4 days training soon, but my schedule is very restricitve. Thanks ib advance for any updates.

I would also be interested if your so inclined

Closed Thread

Last Updated on September 16, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts