NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Shadowtraders system. Scam or real? (www.shadowtraders.com)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one trader2 with 40 posts (28 thanks)
    2. looks_two tigertrader with 11 posts (58 thanks)
    3. looks_3 jodistrict with 9 posts (14 thanks)
    4. looks_4 cory with 8 posts (4 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one tigertrader with 5.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Cheech with 4.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 jodistrict with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 trader2 with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 70,277 views
    2. thumb_up 172 thanks given
    3. group 29 followers
    1. forum 142 posts
    2. attach_file 7 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Shadowtraders system. Scam or real? (www.shadowtraders.com)

trader2 
Berlin,Berlin

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Ninja/CGQ
Trading: CL
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 51

Bigmike, how can I confirm that? I am just satisfied client. I like to confirm what you ask me. I bought their package, that`s it.

That is the problem if you want to discuss vendors on this forum.
How do you know who is just happy client.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

trader2 
Berlin,Berlin

This is discouraging people like me to talk about their enthusiasm that after years they finally get 2 times 3 ticks out of the market every day using a package they bought for not so many dollars and that ends their losing trading career. My biggest losses in fact were: Buying useless packages...

95% of all trades lose their money...

trader2 
Berlin,Berlin

95% of all traders....

trader2 
Berlin,Berlin

these forums often sound as if 95 % of all traders were winner, sorry...

but I am very honest.

Who makes 40 to 70 dollars a day? And some days just zero, using 1 contract?

Silvester17 
Columbus, OH
Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: NT 8, TOS
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 5,139
Thanks Received: 11,527

tigertrader View Post

Fractals are completely useless. I don't know of one professional trader who would give them a second thought. Of course, to the uninitiated they sound very cool, but in fact, they are pragmatically insignificant.

someone would like to say hi:

Thanked by:
 Cloudy 
desert CA

Platform: NT7, various
Broker: various, TDA
Trading: NQ,ES
Thanks Given: 2,396
Thanks Received: 1,748

cory View Post
Rockwell has actual student testifies against them here Updates rockwelltradingscam

Yes I've seen Fritz' crusade on exposing Rockwell since last summer and his posts on elite. I recall seeing a 5min CNBC segment on Hoekitter once where he tells the reporter that volatile times was good for daytrading. It was only for a few minutes and just a short segment on online retail "day trading" in general in the tough volatile market last fall. But I was surprised they surveyed Hoekitter. Especially after Fritz' blog had been going on for a while.. Made me think CNBC had and has been oblivious to the retail forex and future trading and probably trading education scams for a long time. For the longest time they had Rick Santelli confined to his desk area only, visually, at the CME. And they also survey Larry Levin from time to time.

Forums - A list of all scam unregulated 3rd party educational vendors

Forums - CNBC and Jim Cramer

That said, shadowtrading does work, but only with a legit trader willing to share their entries and who is trading it themselves which is probably rarer than 99.something% percent out there. As a former CJ Booth room attendee, we shadowtraded him for about a month and a half and made some $. He's closed since mid-January. I think he got tired of the whole thing. Also it's easier to shadowtrade a longer time frame setup and watching for a setup candle or two as the host calls it, rather than a sudden entry. Some of us would get 5 ticks instead of 10, or miss out completely etc. if the market moved fast or jerked after entry. Of course those of us who familiarized ourselves with his setups could enter earlier in faith with his system and sometimes did as well as he did. Then of course being stopped out on a failed trade could vary all over the place too.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:
 ddnut 
San Marcos, CA

Trading: 6E, ES
Thanks Given: 125
Thanks Received: 33

When starting out a year ago I attended one of the 'live' seminars by ShadowTraders and the system looked really impressive as they made amazing calls using their fractal lines ... until I realized that the 1 hour seminar covered about three hours in the market.

I had recorded the seminar so I played it back and confirmed the bars were closing in 1/3 the time so it was clear they were just replaying the market and only pretending to make live calls. I did not bother with ShadowTraders after that. I just moved on.

Thanked by:
 jmont1 
New York, NY

Platform: NinjaTrader8
Broker: Data = Rithmic -- Gives 70 Level II Data
Trading: 6C (Low Margin,) 6E, CL, GC, ES and Maybe DX for smaller tick value
Thanks Given: 1,719
Thanks Received: 1,019

trader2 View Post
I like to have a look at all the other posts and charts, but sorry, I will do it at the weekend. Too late now.

The fractals work on every timeframe. Everything works on all timeframes and also on range charts as well.

T2,

I hope you again try to post a bigger version of your 1 minute chart if that is mainly what you trade from. What is the significance of the bottom of the chart that has: 100.74 Last 0.66 Net - it does not appear to be the current price.

It also looks like there may be a slope percentage indicator in the top right corner. Is that part of the system or did you add that indicator like MASlope?

Do you have any parameters or check list for what the parameters for a trade should be?

Thanks for trying to help us understand the system methodology.

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

Silvester17 View Post
someone would like to say hi:

If only this was awarded because of profits gained.

Thanked by:

Nicolas11 
near Paris, France

Experience: Beginner
Platform: -
Trading: -
Thanks Given: 2,232
Thanks Received: 1,769

@trader2,

I like your comparison with violin teaching, but I think that this comparison is not relevant in all cases.

The core point is that the teacher has to be clear about what he is selling.

(1) If the teacher claims the following:
"I used to be a trader. I am not any more. But I can help you in your journey."
"I do not pretend to be a good trader but I can help you from psychological or money management point of view".
"I have a method which makes me profitable, but it has a large discretionary part. I can teach you but I do not guarantee you will succeed also."
"I have an idea on the market that I think is good. But it is not profitable by itself. However, perhaps you could improve your trading by incorporating it in your methods."
--> OK, that's clear. We take or we leave. And perhaps a track record is not necessary from the teacher.
For me this is more or less comparable to the violin teaching image.

But if the teacher claims:
(2) "I have a method which is profitable, and which will make you profitable too. By the way, this method costs a lot."
I guess that, in this case, asking for track record or live real trading is relevant.
And this is not really comparable to violin teaching.

Just my opinion.

(I was speaking in general. I do not know the vendor which is discussed in this thread.)

Nicolas

trader2 View Post
Does Barb offer a money back guarantee? Of course, not.

My violin students never get their money back .
They practise and they are successful, or they do not and they are lazy. Am I a scam? I never give money back to people that got something from me, at least my time hehe
Did your teacher at college ever give his salary back? That would be ridiculous idea.

track record?
Remember, they are not a trade call service. You learn the method and pull the trigger 100 times a day every time you see a V on the linreg4 or twice a day only at a pivot.

You take something out of the method, or you don`t. It is up to you.
You can also take one idea from Rockwell. It is up to you. Only one idea, but for you it is THE IDEA.
One big clue, and it is worth 1000 $ for you, or nothing because you know everything already, so you wasted your money.

The question is? Is teaching others a bad thing? Is every teacher a scam because he tells others how he could do something? I do not think so. You are yelling at the teachers and the teaching in general, I think.

Especially in trading too many people try on their own and loose money.

The scam discussion in the world of trading is really an interesting phenomena to me...

I am a musician, and the musicians are playing the two favourite games to others:
Saying "He cannot play" ("er kann nicht")
or
"we do not let him into our orchestra" ("er darf nicht"). "He is out and we are in, hehe, we decide who may join us, AND YOU MAY NOT,hehe" . These are games.
The favourite musician games to have the power about others.

In trading it is always the game "does he trade a life account? Or just sim?" (what is wrong about sim???)
and "is he a scam? Is he only selling something to newbies?"

You forget all those honest people who trade live and give their knowledge to others, like in every normal profession. Those who like to show others what they are successful in. Those who feel lonely as a trader at home etc.. Those who want to give back. Those who just like to talk.

Of course there are scams and good sellers. But that is the same as in every profession.

I think some of them consider themselfs as good teachers, but they are not (Huddy`s channel trading, a guitar player and he seems to like the sound of his voice more than the sound of his guitar students... sorry, Huddy)

Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on September 16, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts