NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Death by 1000 Papercuts.

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one jstfrn with 4 posts (10 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 3 posts (2 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Nicolas11 with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 PandaWarrior with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 2,847 views
    2. thumb_up 14 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 11 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Death by 1000 Papercuts.

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Experience: None
Thanks Given: 6,329
Thanks Received: 13,404

PositiveDeviant View Post
With all due respect sir I would advise you to scrap this journal and start another with a title that better reflects the direction you wish to travel in, the first word in the name of your journal is death, so every time you come to it, you will see this, as will your subconscious mind, that's not likely to help you.

"So what happened on live? I learnt I can handle it and I enjoyed it, as for my account balance? My broker made a tidy profit, I got killed… Death by 1000 papercuts."

What you say here is the end of a period, put this behind you, and start afresh.

I agree with this 1000%. This game is hard enough without a negative journal title staring you in the face. I also advise against telling to many people what you are trying to do. Most of the feedback will be negative. So just embark on the journey, tell your spouse if you have one, and keep your journey to yourself.

The time to tell them is when you quit your day job and move to a nice little island somewhere...or at least you are making enough money to tell them, "I've been doing this long enough that I can afford to quit my job" or something like that.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication, Leonardo da Vinci

Most people chose unhappiness over uncertainty, Tim Ferris

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks

Nicolas11 
near Paris, France

Experience: Beginner
Platform: -
Trading: -
Thanks Given: 2,232
Thanks Received: 1,769

PandaWarrior View Post
I also advise against telling to many people what you are trying to do. Most of the feedback will be negative.

Of course, do not tell "too many" people, and do not tell your current boss
However, with respect to family, friends and other people, in my opinion/experience, there could be 2 different attitudes:
(i) Do not tell, keep your project inside in order to keep the strength inside and in order to not to receive negative feedbacks, or
(ii) Tell when asked, in order to be in peace with yourself and - who knows? - receive a little support.
It depends on personality and entourage...

Nicolas

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Last Updated on January 26, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts