NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Vendor Ratings Agency

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one traderwerks with 3 posts (0 thanks)
    2. looks_two Linds with 3 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 kk240 with 2 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Peter2150 with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 6,100 views
    2. thumb_up 1 thanks given
    3. group 5 followers
    1. forum 12 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Vendor Ratings Agency

Linds 
Victoria, Australia

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT, MT4
Broker: NT
Trading: Bund , ASX 200
Thanks Given: 982
Thanks Received: 533

Since there is a LOT of concern about the quality, ethics and value of trading vendors...and since it is such an unregulated field....why not create a ratings process/entity for vendors. This could be very useful not only for prospective clients but for the vendors themselves if they wish to be be demonstrably seen as offering value and credibility.

Such a body would need to be carefully planned so that itself could not be subject to claims of bias and poor ethics.

So a set of objective, evidence based criteria and standards would need to be chosen to direct the processes and focus of the entity. Any assessment would have to be based on:

actual longitudinal experience of the products being assessed ( by experienced traders)
assessment of the vendors trading background
assessment of the quality and reasonableness of the marketing content

The output of such a process could be a detailed report of the key areas of focus and ultimately a rating such as A, B, C or RUN AWAY NOW.

Done well such an entity may even find a market for itself and would start the conversation about professional standards in the trading vendor universe

It would require significant resourcing to do this well.

I wonder what others think about this?

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
 Peter2150 
Washington DC

Platform: NinjaTrader
Thanks Given: 110
Thanks Received: 117

Linds View Post
Since there is a LOT of concern about the quality, ethics and value of trading vendors...and since it is such an unregulated field....why not create a ratings process/entity for vendors. This could be very useful not only for prospective clients but for the vendors themselves if they wish to be be demonstrably seen as offering value and credibility.

Such a body would need to be carefully planned so that itself could not be subject to claims of bias and poor ethics.

So a set of objective, evidence based criteria and standards would need to be chosen to direct the processes and focus of the entity. Any assessment would have to be based on:

actual longitudinal experience of the products being assessed ( by experienced traders)
assessment of the vendors trading background
assessment of the quality and reasonableness of the marketing content

The output of such a process could be a detailed report of the key areas of focus and ultimately a rating such as A, B, C or RUN AWAY NOW.

Done well such an entity may even find a market for itself and would start the conversation about professional standards in the trading vendor universe

It would require significant resourcing to do this well.

I wonder what others think about this?

Pray no. If this was an agency, it would be likely a government agency. worse the the worst of the vendors, and at what a cost.

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

Gosh, well, a self-policing group isn't a bad idea, but considering 99.768111222888% of them are criminals (not actual felons, but liars, cheats, misleading snakes) then it is kind of like asking the Mafia (or U.S. Congress) to police themselves...

I believe that the NFA should crack down on them. In my opinion it is within their rules and regulations but they do not.

Sorry that I have nothing positive to say...

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 traderwerks   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 436
Thanks Received: 465

I don't think it is possible.

The people you would want to rate vendors would be successful traders. Successful traders don't care about vendors that much and they would not want to spend time looking at failed systems. You would probably end up with vendors pretending to be successful traders and promoting their own products.

Now ratings agency of un successful traders rating vendors is certainly possible, but of what worth ?

Math. A gateway drug to reality.

forrestang 
Chicago IL

Experience: None
Platform: Ninja, MT4, Matlab
Broker: CQG, AMP, MB, DTN
Trading: E/U, G/U
Thanks Given: 354
Thanks Received: 1,047

I've thought about this before.

My thought of it would just be reviews by people who have actually paid for and used the product, and are no longer using it. Using people with several years of trading experience, profitable or not. I think the longer we are at it, the more useful the review is likely to be.

Interesting thought.....

Linds 
Victoria, Australia

Platform: NT, MT4
Broker: NT
Trading: Bund , ASX 200
Thanks Given: 982
Thanks Received: 533

bluemele View Post
Gosh, well, a self-policing group isn't a bad idea, but considering 99.768111222888% of them are criminals (not actual felons, but liars, cheats, misleading snakes) then it is kind of like asking the Mafia (or U.S. Congress) to police themselves...

I believe that the NFA should crack down on them. In my opinion it is within their rules and regulations but they do not.

Sorry that I have nothing positive to say...

Haha self policing! Of course thats out of the question due to total lack of credibility. NFA - well I'm thiking an independent and international entity. Its not just the USA we are talking about. Maybe it could start as a voluntary/informal kind of thing and build from there.

traderwerks View Post
I don't think it is possible.

The people you would want to rate vendors would be successful traders. Successful traders don't care about vendors that much and they would not want to spend time looking at failed systems. You would probably end up with vendors pretending to be successful traders and promoting their own products.

Now ratings agency of un successful traders rating vendors is certainly possible, but of what worth ?

Good points- but there would be successful traders out there that care about this stuff wouldnt there? And if enough got together then any individual wouldn't have to dedicate much time. There is also a bunch of BE+ traders who know a hell of a lot about what a scam looks like even if they cant make a living trading yet ( I am one).

forrestang View Post
I've thought about this before.

My thought of it would just be reviews by people who have actually paid for and used the product, and are no longer using it. Using people with several years of trading experience, profitable or not. I think the longer we are at it, the more useful the review is likely to be.

agree - but there needs to be a structure about what is reported. Personal testimony is too subjective.

Im thinking there is a good analogy between this and the 'secret shopper' or the restaurant critic. The process ( at least the product assessment part) needs to happen without the awareness of the vendor.

There would need to be some kind of member screening as as Traderwerks said it would be likley that vendors would attempt to infiltrate to corrupt the process in their favour.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Linds View Post

Good points- but there would be successful traders out there that care about this stuff wouldnt there? And if enough got together then any individual wouldn't have to dedicate much time. There is also a bunch of BE+ traders who know a hell of a lot about what a scam looks like even if they cant make a living trading yet ( I am one).

Very good point. I think a bunch of BE+ trader doing ratings for other ( BE+ / BE- ) traders would be of value. IMHO, the two ends of the spectrum would not want to use a service like this. Successful guys would not have the time/inclination ( enough of them anyway ) to keep up with ever morphing vendors. The other end of the spectrum has not gone through to have given up on looking for the holy grail to really believe such an agency.

I think most BE+/- traders are already set on their trading style and are looking at systems for more trading ideas to refine and improve their trading style.

kk240
Europe,Nomad

Thanks Given: 25
Thanks Received: 30

Here is one "rating agency"
Free Forex Trading Community With Forex Signals And Broker Reviews

Last Updated on December 29, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts