NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

www.oiltradinggroup.com aka tradewithotg.com Trade With OTG (Jason Love)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one ptpatrader with 4 posts (13 thanks)
    2. looks_two PilotTrader with 4 posts (11 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 3 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Blash with 3 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Randy Dotson with 8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two ptpatrader with 3.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 PilotTrader with 2.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 PandaWarrior with 2.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 35,126 views
    2. thumb_up 80 thanks given
    3. group 31 followers
    1. forum 50 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

www.oiltradinggroup.com aka tradewithotg.com Trade With OTG (Jason Love)

lastmango 
North Palm Beach, FL

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra
Broker: AMP-CQG
Trading: CL ES NQ
Thanks Given: 15
Thanks Received: 12

cshrum View Post
Has anyone been able to replicate these indicators?

I found the OTG via Google search and watched some of his videos. I then joined the OTG for two free days recently because I was interested in his "market maker levels" and how those were used during live trading. I saw him take losses both days while I was trading on sim and was up 750 on day 1 and 800+ on day 2. For the record, I do a hell of a lot better on sim than live!

I was drawn to the room specifically because of the way he named the indicators as "market maker levels." More on that in a moment.

In reality, the indicators are custom pivot points. I was not impressed with the indicators as they were represented in the live room. He would trade near the level, not at it, and the lack of precision simply baffled me.

I have nothing against trading 3 contracts for 5 ticks, as long as you can do it repeatedly at rotations. I didn't see him use the levels effectively. But he sure does love to talk!

You may be able to replicate them yourself using a pivot point formula adjusted for ADR 10 and 20, which I believe he uses. Then, adjust this for the opening range and again for pit close. I think he uses one other time during RTH. Good luck!

I spent some time trying to reverse engineer his indicators and they came very close (but a few ticks off) to my own version of market maker levels. I use the spec initial margin for a futures contract, converted into ticks to provide the max range, then divided into sub-ranges that can be easily mapped on a chart.

For now, I'll stick with my own pivots as I know they work better than whatever formula he's using.

Best,
LM

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
 cshrum 
nashville, tn

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja 8
Trading: es
Thanks Given: 85
Thanks Received: 22

lastmango View Post
I found the OTG via Google search and watched some of his videos. I then joined the OTG for two free days recently because I was interested in his "market maker levels" and how those were used during live trading. I saw him take losses both days while I was trading on sim and was up 750 on day 1 and 800+ on day 2. For the record, I do a hell of a lot better on sim than live!

I was drawn to the room specifically because of the way he named the indicators as "market maker levels." More on that in a moment.

In reality, the indicators are custom pivot points. I was not impressed with the indicators as they were represented in the live room. He would trade near the level, not at it, and the lack of precision simply baffled me.

I have nothing against trading 3 contracts for 5 ticks, as long as you can do it repeatedly at rotations. I didn't see him use the levels effectively. But he sure does love to talk!

You may be able to replicate them yourself using a pivot point formula adjusted for ADR 10 and 20, which I believe he uses. Then, adjust this for the opening range and again for pit close. I think he uses one other time during RTH. Good luck!

I spent some time trying to reverse engineer his indicators and they came very close (but a few ticks off) to my own version of market maker levels. I use the spec initial margin for a futures contract, converted into ticks to provide the max range, then divided into sub-ranges that can be easily mapped on a chart.

For now, I'll stick with my own pivots as I know they work better than whatever formula he's using.

Best,
LM

Would you share some of your levels for crude today... You don't have to give out the formula.. Just curious as to their values... Will you become a member there?

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

lastmango 
North Palm Beach, FL

cshrum View Post
Would you share some of your levels for crude today... You don't have to give out the formula.. Just curious as to their values... Will you become a member there?

Will I become a member there? Ahh, no. I do not feel OTG is providing a valuable service.

My levels are a work in progress. Some days I nail it, other days I'm a few ticks off. When they are dialed in I can trade with high confidence.

Let's see if I can post an image... here's an example from a few days ago: https://www.tradingview.com/x/3Kng9m2i/

Here's a current one where I'm adding a secondary set. Unfortunately this becomes cluttered.

Edited to add this "after" image that shows how the levels held overnight (because anybody could draw levels on a past chart):

Thanked by:

matthew28 
United Kingdom

Platform: Bookmap
Broker: Stage 5, Rithmic
Trading: US Equity Index Futures
Thanks Given: 3,500
Thanks Received: 2,532

lastmango View Post
I was drawn to the room specifically because of the way he named the indicators as "market maker levels."

As you found, I bet they are called "Market Maker Levels" because it sounds "Pro" and is more likely to attract newbies looking for the 'secret information' and chart settings that the successful traders all use. Having pivot levels on his chart similar to all the other slightly different formula pivot levels doesn't sound quite so much like you're getting the winning inside information/Holy Grail.

You do not win as a trader, you just get to play again the next day. If that game doesn’t appeal to you then you should not trade. Gary Norden
Thanked by:
 jmh13 
Belize SA

Experience: None
Platform: Ninja
Broker: Ninja
Trading: DC
Thanks Given: 17
Thanks Received: 129

Was in the room a few times and they are high pressure and if you don't commit they lock you out really fast.

cshrum 
nashville, tn

Platform: Ninja 8
Trading: es
Thanks Given: 85
Thanks Received: 22

lastmango View Post
Will I become a member there? Ahh, no. I do not feel OTG is providing a valuable service.

My levels are a work in progress. Some days I nail it, other days I'm a few ticks off. When they are dialed in I can trade with high confidence.

Let's see if I can post an image... here's an example from a few days ago: https://www.tradingview.com/x/3Kng9m2i/

Here's a current one where I'm adding a secondary set. Unfortunately this becomes cluttered.

Edited to add this "after" image that shows how the levels held overnight (because anybody could draw levels on a past chart):

Are you using volume profile to define levels?

lastmango 
North Palm Beach, FL

VP is part of the analysis.

Klausi 
Germany

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Zen-Fire
Trading: CL,GC,6E
Thanks Given: 46
Thanks Received: 30

jmh13 View Post
Was in the room a few times and they are high pressure and if you don't commit they lock you out really fast.

Don't waste your time with them

Thanked by:

PilotTrader 
New Brunswick NJ/USA

Platform: NT7, NT8
Trading: NQ, CL, GC, NG, HG
Thanks Given: 106
Thanks Received: 355

Klausi View Post
Don't waste your time with them

I concur.

Watch Dr. Dean's latest video on Jason and his room, for what it's worth:

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 deanza 
White River South Africa

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Forex
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 0

While I agree his trading is extremely erratic and impossible to replicate , I have to question this Dr Handley's reviews as well. He also seems to be just another person selling his own story. Who are the top 10 trading rooms that claims to have identified ? Are they all associates of his ?

Last Updated on April 21, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts