NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

www.oiltradinggroup.com aka tradewithotg.com Trade With OTG (Jason Love)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one ptpatrader with 4 posts (13 thanks)
    2. looks_two PilotTrader with 4 posts (11 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 3 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Blash with 3 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Randy Dotson with 8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two ptpatrader with 3.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 PilotTrader with 2.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 PandaWarrior with 2.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 35,126 views
    2. thumb_up 80 thanks given
    3. group 31 followers
    1. forum 50 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

www.oiltradinggroup.com aka tradewithotg.com Trade With OTG (Jason Love)

PilotTrader 
New Brunswick NJ/USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT7, NT8
Trading: NQ, CL, GC, NG, HG
Thanks Given: 106
Thanks Received: 355

deanza View Post
While I agree his trading is extremely erratic and impossible to replicate , I have to question this Dr Handley's reviews as well. He also seems to be just another person selling his own story. Who are the top 10 trading rooms that claims to have identified ? Are they all associates of his ?

You can read what others think and have to say of Dr. Handley in another FIO thread here:
Personally, IMHO, I believe he is a decent individual. I have spoken to him personally over the phone a few times in the past. Others think otherwise, however. And no, I don't have any business and/or family ties with the good doctor. I have, however, been to a few of his rooms he recommends/endorse, including one that he hosts himself. All the rooms that I tried did not jive with my trading style, so, I no longer participate in any of the rooms.

Blue skies,
PilotTrader

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
27 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
 jmh13 
Belize SA

Experience: None
Platform: Ninja
Broker: Ninja
Trading: DC
Thanks Given: 17
Thanks Received: 129

I was in the trial few times, I am NOT a paid member of his room. I find the trades he calls easy to duplicate. Most of the time they are called in advance, showing entry, stop and exit. The trades are from some type of pit trader levels with entry strategies. 3 bar stuff ect..I have taken the trades he calls and they work but they may be days of quite a few small stops.

If you trial a few time they get high pressure. and they want all kinds of info or you get da boot.
He does discount 500 dollars at times. He does have webinars for funded trader stuff which is all transparent. He does show trades on a DOM. Live account/ real $$ is questionable. He does show a log of all trades. He has a formula of profit 2 to 1 targets.
Is this room worth the $$ who knows. Try it and see.

mayazoro 
tucson

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Charts , Sceeto andTOS
Broker: AMP-Rithmic
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 36

Jason can not make money trading he win $1000 he loose a $1000 and that go on and on, so he make his money teaching and that go for 99 % of the trading rooms, his knowledge about trading is good but at the end he is not profitable, on a trending day he make money but on a range days he get kill, I was in his room for one year, the days he win he post a video and promote his room and on the day he was kill you will not see any video. If you can make money consistent trading why will you put up with all the teaching ? In other words, it's just a business. the business of teaching not trading

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,537

Calling it a business is kind.

It's also known as a scam and fraud from someone who tells one non-stop lie after another.

P. S. The Illuminati are on to him. Won't be long now I'm sure...
mayazoro View Post
Jason can not make money trading he win $1000 he loose a $1000 and that go on and on, so he make his money teaching and that go for 99 % of the trading rooms, his knowledge about trading is good but at the end he is not profitable, on a trending day he make money but on a range days he get kill, I was in his room for one year, the days he win he post a video and promote his room and on the day he was kill you will not see any video. If you can make money consistent trading why will you put up with all the teaching ? In other words, it's just a business. the business of teaching not trading

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Thanked by:
 trade888 
Vancouver + Canada

Platform: Sierra
Trading: CL UB ES
Thanks Given: 880
Thanks Received: 115

Do not waste your money on this room.
He had 3 losing days in a row last week totaling about $4,300
So he closed the room Thursday and Friday.
Had a huge loser Monday of $3,600 and closed the room again today.
He has good days which he will post videos of how great he is; but he loses more than he wins.
Over the last year and a half or so I have kept track and while I missed a few days the total loss is $22,817.
I often trade opposite his position but he does get the winners here and there and is just too inconsistent.
I characterize him as a gun slinger.
If he gets lucky and wins he will quit after a win or two.
But not much skill given the total loss.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

sparky 
Fort Myers, Fl

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: AmpFutures/CQG
Trading: Tf
Thanks Given: 14
Thanks Received: 55

Well, I learned one thing wasting my money with this guy. Check out the reviews in futures.io before you invest!! I had been out of trading for a while and tried the free offer to visit Jason's room. Silly me for not looking at this thread. Greed got the better of me.
I hit it at just the right time for him, and he had two very successful days in a row. That plus his TopStep Trader special I plunked down my $1200, figuring I would pass my step 2 combine (Topstep did not require step one passing for his special) in 10 days just matching his trades.
Please do not lecture me about how I am responsible for my own trades - I am well aware of that. I just got suckered by Jason and his gang. I was gonna match his trades while learning his system and make my modest goal every day.
My results of matching his trades -- blew a $50000 combine in a week -- then blew the free reset in another 10 days. I only used Jason's calls, none of my own. In the month and a half I have followed his room (mind you, not with real money or even more TopStep combine money), just having it in the background to see if he improved his calls, he has lost thousands of dollars. Jason might have one winning day a week. His training is pretty much useless, you sit in his room for ever listening to him drone on, at least 45 minutes after the room opens, then all of a sudden he makes a call on a retrace (and never after the trade has started moving in the right direction). After you are in a trade, you hear him using "Bookmap" to comment, making it sound like a horserace. He hardly ever trades multiple contracts and I have not seem him peal off contracts if he is in 2 contracts. His wins could be several hundred dollars on a one lot trade - like the $800 plus winner on Sep 8. Then he follows through with a day like Sep 9 losing MORE than he gained the day before.
He calls retrace trades, but just seems to pick entries out of the air. His training material is useless, brags about secret market maker levels (but does not seem to use them in trading) but he is great in sending out emails to you encouraging you to buy a stock picking program, a useless stock pattern program, or some other nonsense.
He blames his poor results on the summer trading doldrums. Yet today I got the email proclaiming how great his system is. He said summer was over and all will be well. I can guarantee you I will I will not get an email tomorrow showing how he gave back all of yesterdays gains on today's losers!!!

Save your money. Stay away from Jason and his gang. He says his room has a hundred in attendance, and everyone can see the chat log. In the month I attended, I only saw generic comments from a few different people. I was tempted to enter disparaging comments, but I figured it would not matter, probably wouldn't be seen and only raise my blood pressure.

BUYER BEWARE WITH THIS ROOM

matthew28 
United Kingdom

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Bookmap
Broker: Stage 5, Rithmic
Trading: US Equity Index Futures
Thanks Given: 3,500
Thanks Received: 2,532

Just an update for this thread as I saw somebody mention this group in a chatroom and noticed the name had changed, but it is still Jason Love managing it the group as before.
The "Oil Trading Group" is now called "Trade With OTG"
https://www.tradewithotg.com/

You do not win as a trader, you just get to play again the next day. If that game doesn’t appeal to you then you should not trade. Gary Norden
Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,537

matthew28 View Post
Just an update for this thread as I saw somebody mention this group in a chatroom and noticed the name had changed, but it is still Jason Love managing it the group as before.
The "Oil Trading Group" is now called "Trade With OTG"
https://www.tradewithotg.com/

Thanks, thread title updated.

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Thanked by:

FundedTrader82 
Miami, Florida, USA

Platform: Ninja Trader 8
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 51
Thanks Received: 26

It looks like they are partnering with TopStep now. They listed it on their website and an email was sent out by TopStep for their Trading Hour zoom call to "share their top strategies" which I'm sure has nothing to do with selling their strategies

https://ibb.co/QHR9KjJ

matthew28 
United Kingdom

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Bookmap
Broker: Stage 5, Rithmic
Trading: US Equity Index Futures
Thanks Given: 3,500
Thanks Received: 2,532

lewtamarilla View Post
It looks like they are partnering with TopStep now.

Jason Love has promoted Topstep for years. He has had an affiliate discount deal with Topstep for a long time and he showed passed Topstep Combines on his site. He does promote Topstep to his trade room clients as a safe and available source of account funding (and he of course earns a commission on Combines bought through him as any member of an affiliate program would).

You do not win as a trader, you just get to play again the next day. If that game doesn’t appeal to you then you should not trade. Gary Norden
Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 21, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts