NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Trading the 6E Old School, With a Twist

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Cashish with 318 posts (1,469 thanks)
    2. looks_two WilleeMac with 113 posts (137 thanks)
    3. looks_3 eminitrdr with 61 posts (127 thanks)
    4. looks_4 josh with 19 posts (34 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Cashish with 4.6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two eminitrdr with 2.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 josh with 1.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 WilleeMac with 1.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 127,405 views
    2. thumb_up 1,892 thanks given
    3. group 93 followers
    1. forum 588 posts
    2. attach_file 797 attachments

Search this Thread

Trading the 6E Old School, With a Twist

eminitrdr 
Marietta, Oh USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Zenfire
Trading: Euro
Thanks Given: 459
Thanks Received: 207

As Mr. Cashish has said time and again, Cash is the Big Dog and the 6E is the tail. Did the EUR/USD give you any clue as to the likely direction? How and where one enters and their targets is entirely discretionary...IMO. I base mine mainly on price action, normal price rotations, price behavior near whole numbers, recent volume histograms, and the chart studies I have the utmost faith in.

Just trying to keep the thread alive

emini

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Old_School_CASH_3-28-13.png
Views:	159
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	107050  

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks
 eminitrdr 
Marietta, Oh USA

I forgot to attach to the above. Simply a potential buying opportunity that made sense to me. This is what I saw when we had the pullback at the 2:00am EST Germany open. Also what I saw when we took out the most recent swing high at 2802. I posted some of my possible upside targets.

I'm not nearly as good as Mr. Cashish as far as posting and trading at the same time.

emini

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Old_School_Buy_3-28-13.png
Views:	190
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	107055  
 eminitrdr 
Marietta, Oh USA

Never overlook and underestimate the power of the BIG DOG (Cash). Right, wrong, or indifferent; when I arrive at my trading station well before the Germany open at 2:00am EST, it gives me a sense of who's in control and what side I prefer to trade on. Also, I'm always cognizant of the location of the VWAP SD bands and constantly tracking the normal rotations.
My CASH chart is located right beside my order entry dome. It is on one side and my buy/sell study on the other.

Has anyone seen or heard anything from Mr. Cashish recently? I just hope all is well.

emini

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Old_School_Cash_4-1-13.png
Views:	154
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	107453   Click image for larger version

Name:	Old_School_Cash_4-2-13.png
Views:	166
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	107454  
Thanked by:
 eminitrdr 
Marietta, Oh USA

What did you see at the German open at 2:00am EST? Based on the attached charts, near the 2:00am open, which side would you have preferred?
I took a trade right after the 2:00am open. I just took a 2nd trade at 3:40am EST after a failure to make a LL and what I saw on my buy/sell study. Two and Through...not quite as good as Mr. Cashish with his One and Done
I can post if anyone is interested.

emini

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Old_School_Cash_4-3-13.png
Views:	171
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	107505   Click image for larger version

Name:	Old_School_4-3-13.png
Views:	167
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	107507  
Thanked by:
 eminitrdr 
Marietta, Oh USA

At what point would you have decided to lean in a certain direction. I was done after my second trade sometime near 4:00am EST as I mentioned in the above post.

Is anyone else trying to trade the Old School method? If not, and there does not seem to be much interest, no need in me posting. Adios and good trading to all.

emini

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Old_School_Direction_4-3-13.png
Views:	168
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	107588  
Thanked by:

AttitudeTrader 
Dallas, TX, USA

Platform: NinjaTrader, T4
Broker: IQFeed
Trading: 6E
Thanks Given: 6,868
Thanks Received: 869

eminitrdr View Post
At what point would you have decided to lean in a certain direction. I was done after my second trade sometime near 4:00am EST as I mentioned in the above post.

Is anyone else trying to trade the Old School method? If not, and there does not seem to be much interest, no need in me posting. Adios and good trading to all.

emini

Hey @eminitrdr , there may not be much interest, but posting your stuff is a great exercise if only for yourself - unless you're keeping a separate journal somewhere else.

At any rate, I'm sure @Cashish will check in again at some point.

Take care,

-AT

"Is it hard? Not if you have the right attitude. It's having the right attitude that's hard." - Robert Pirsig
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Cashish 
Miami FL USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ensign 10, NT7 DOM
Broker: IB, IQ
Trading: Currency Futures
Thanks Given: 811
Thanks Received: 2,102

eminitrdr View Post

.................. there does not seem to be much interest, no need in me posting. Adios and good trading to all.

emini

Not so fast, it's a lonely task, (posting) a labor of love,

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Cashish 
Miami FL USA

There's no School like the Old School

1.2600 or 1.2900 ?

The chart below shows the steady increase in Net Short positions held by Large Specs. The Open Interest is in Green if it was higher than the previous day (I'm lazy, I didn't mark every day's value through the "roll"). I wanted to show how using the total of OI data is helpful during "roll over," it allows you to see a seamless continuation of positions being held.

I also take notice when price "meets-up" with the 200 day SMA and or the 20 day SMA (the bands). It's uncanny all this coming together The Day Super Mario is going to speak, and yes, Ben too, and yes, it's NFP Week too. So 1.2600 or 1.2900,,, how about BOTH! Ok, which one first?

Thanked by:

Cashish 
Miami FL USA

eminitrdr View Post
I base mine mainly on price action, normal price rotations, price behavior near whole numbers, recent volume histograms, and the chart studies I have the utmost faith in.

Just trying to keep the thread alive

emini

@eminitrdr Thanks for posting. You posted some nice trades, but I think you've got cards you're not showing! What is that "other" charting software on your screen, tell us about the secret sauce!!

Thanked by:

Cashish 
Miami FL USA

josh View Post

I have to take issue with Seykota's logic on that last graphic though; seems kind of an all or nothing attitude, and while large profits once in a while can determine whether the trader makes big money, it's the singles and doubles that can keep us going (especially psychologically) along the way. I think the point is to play to win, but that doesn't mean hit a home run or strike out. Plus, he cited Barry Bonds. Of all the great home run hitters, he picked a juicer whose name, IMO, belongs out of the history books altogether. C'mon man.

@josh I hear you. We might both agree Ed Seyktoa is a weird guy, and I'll give him the benefit of doubt that his choice of Barry Bonds may have been made before the truth came out. I agree with you, "It's the singles and doubles that can keep us going (especially psychologically) along the way." But sticking to the baseball analogy let's remember batters only have three strikes. If I can control my risk and step up and take three big swings and "hit nothing" and I'm still within my daily loss limit I'm OK with that. Sure I'll hold my head low and walk back to the dugout, hang up my jock strap for the day and either switch over to SIM or call it a day. The UP SIDE is I can come back tomorrow with a clean uniform and stand in the batter's box again. I never took a loss that I didn't wish I took earlier, and I never took a profit that I didn't wish I had "more on." Thanks for your post, "a juicer."

Thanked by:

Last Updated on November 12, 2015

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts