NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Book Discussion: Trading Price Action Trends, Reversals, Ranges by Al Brooks

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one traderdavidt with 10 posts (3 thanks)
    2. looks_two mayurb4 with 7 posts (7 thanks)
    3. looks_3 qqqqqiang with 7 posts (14 thanks)
    4. looks_4 bobc with 6 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Cloudy with 4.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Bookworm with 3.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Boomer34 with 2.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 qqqqqiang with 2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 75,398 views
    2. thumb_up 131 thanks given
    3. group 40 followers
    1. forum 102 posts
    2. attach_file 19 attachments

Search this Thread

Book Discussion: Trading Price Action Trends, Reversals, Ranges by Al Brooks

Miesto 
Monte Carlo, Monaco
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 799
Thanks Received: 1,193

mayurb4 View Post
Hello Mitch,
Absolutely. I’ve already been going through his material — including books, YT videos, blog, forums, webinars, etc.— implementing his methods in the market side by side with mixed results. To put it straight, what I think you are suggesting is the hard(and the most reliable) way of learning things as opposed to the easier way(learning from others’ experiences). And it has its own merits of course. I think I’ll just stick to your suggestion.
Thanks for your valuable time and response.
Happy trading.

-Mayur

Thanks Mayur.

If you are attracted to short term trading, like Al Brooks is practicing, you might want to take a look at Bob Volman (2 books) or Lance Beggs. They are easier to understand. There is a blog niftynirvana with a really good trading manual (attached) slightly based on what Lance Beggs teaches. This might be of interest for you because it's rather straightforward and about trading the nifty (since you are from India). Trade well.

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: DecisionPoints.pdf
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
25 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
21 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks
mayurb4
Pune, India

Thanks Given: 46
Thanks Received: 8

Mich62 View Post
Thanks Mayur.

If you are attracted to short term trading, like Al Brooks is practicing, you might want to take a look at Bob Volman (2 books) or Lance Beggs. They are easier to understand. There is a blog niftynirvana with a really good trading manual (attached) slightly based on what Lance Beggs teaches. This might be of interest for you because it's rather straightforward and about trading the nifty (since you are from India). Trade well.

Thank you Mich.
Around the April of this year as I was getting started with Al Brooks' material, l was advised to read Bob Volman(prior to reading Al Brooks) by a friend of mine, and I'm really glad that I did. Although I didn't read his scalping book, the other one has been tremendously helpful in understanding Al's material.
As for the blog you mentioned, I was completely unaware about it. Thanks for the reference and manual attachment.
Happy trading.

-Mayur

Thanked by:
mayurb4
Pune, India

Thanks Given: 46
Thanks Received: 8

Hello once again,
Would it be a good idea to read Edwards and Magee along with the Al Brooks. I’m currently reading the second book of Al and earlier I was reading Mark Douglas along with the Al’s book. But now that I’m finished with Mark’s book, I’m thinking of starting with Edwards and Magee. What do you guys think? would it help me in some way or would it mess up everything?? Also, if I should, which edition of Magee’s book do I read? Because there are like tens of those.
Thanks in advance.

Trade well.
-Mayur

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

PS: if you have got any other suggestions, please, I’m all ears.

Last Updated on August 19, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts