NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

BC's 21 Day Green Trades Challenge

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one abctrading with 22 posts (5 thanks)
    2. looks_two kbit with 4 posts (3 thanks)
    3. looks_3 gibbs with 3 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 bluemele with 2 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one dtman with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two gibbs with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 kbit with 0.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 abctrading with 0.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 6,184 views
    2. thumb_up 15 thanks given
    3. group 7 followers
    1. forum 34 posts
    2. attach_file 29 attachments

Search this Thread

BC's 21 Day Green Trades Challenge

abctrading 
Long Beach, CA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: MotiveWave, NT7, NT8
Broker: AMP Futures - CQG and Rithmic
Trading: Futures - CL, 6E, ES, NQ, YM
Thanks Given: 57
Thanks Received: 76

Hello, kbit,

Yes, learning to wait for the correct set ups for sure

I do look at bigger time frames and am looking for areas of confluence and am trying to drill down to the smaller times frames for a lower risk entry. I will take a look at the time frames you have suggested and see how they feel. Currently, I start with a Daily, and then go to 240 min, 60 min, 15 min, 5 min, 377 tick, and a few range charts depending on the instrument. I also have a tick chart that has a zig zag indie on it to help identify patterns a little easier, which I will also draw out fibs on. i have a workspace for each instrument. I will post a pic of a workspace that shows what is on one of three monitors.

Thanks again for taking some time to give me some suggestions and things to chew on. I really appreciate it.

bc

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Instrument_overview.png
Views:	231
Size:	494.0 KB
ID:	56838  
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
25 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks

kbit 
Aurora, Il USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TradeStation
Trading: futures
Thanks Given: 3,295
Thanks Received: 3,364

abctrading View Post
Hello, kbit,

Yes, learning to wait for the correct set ups for sure

I do look at bigger time frames and am looking for areas of confluence and am trying to drill down to the smaller times frames for a lower risk entry. I will take a look at the time frames you have suggested and see how they feel. Currently, I start with a Daily, and then go to 240 min, 60 min, 15 min, 5 min, 377 tick, and a few range charts depending on the instrument. I also have a tick chart that has a zig zag indie on it to help identify patterns a little easier, which I will also draw out fibs on. i have a workspace for each instrument. I will post a pic of a workspace that shows what is on one of three monitors.

Thanks again for taking some time to give me some suggestions and things to chew on. I really appreciate it.

bc

I understand, and what your doing sounds good but, at the same time sounds like its to much to look at...confusing.
I also look at a daily and 4hr on the 6E for example and then go directly to a tick chart. I skip the 1hr and 15m...what I'm saying is just identify the significant areas on a daily ahead of time and then just stick to your tick for day trading....keep it simple, if you go back and forth with all those charts your head will spin and your more likely to get into crap trades or get shaken out of good ones.

Thanked by:

abctrading 
Long Beach, CA

After a rough start this morning I was able to pull out a green day - whew!

I had 4 trades total, the first 2 in the TF were losers, the next 2 in the YM were winners. Well a least one was a true winner, my 3rd trade of the day I blew it again by moving stop too early and got stopped basically to the tick only to see it run on that big bounce before the last big drop. I missed out on at least 35 points by getting stopped out like that.

The TF had me in the hole for $250 .... really happy that I was able to make that up and then some.

I had a few more chances that I just didn't feel like taking the risk and giving back the little green that I was able to get back.

I put some notes in the chart pics if you care to check them out.

Thanks for stopping by and checking in

bc

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2011-12-08_2205.png
Views:	186
Size:	232.4 KB
ID:	56860   Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-12-08_2222.png
Views:	185
Size:	264.7 KB
ID:	56861   Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-12-08_2258.png
Views:	205
Size:	320.3 KB
ID:	56862  

abctrading 
Long Beach, CA

So today I woke up to a computer that decide to restart or update or something in the middle of the night. By the time I had everything loaded back up and running .. it took awhile ..... I was just not feeling it today. I decided not to trade anything live as i was frazzled by the pc issues and knowing that being in the middle of rollover ... that might not be a good combo for me.

I probably had one of my worst weeks to date. Broke alot of rules and left soo much on the table.
Between the TF and YM I had 16 Trades. 7 Wins, 7 Losses and 2 B/E which netted me a Red - $ 567.00.

See pic below for detailed Weekly Performance Summary, and Equity curve line. Guess it could have been worse .. much much worse. On the bright side .. I did learn alot this week ... hopefully stuff I can carry into next week .. and also stuff I do not carry into next week. . The battle will continue!

I will be shaking the dust off my shoes and looking forward to next week.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

bc

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	week_ending_12-9-11.png
Views:	237
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	56935   Click image for larger version

Name:	week_ending_12-9-11_b.png
Views:	200
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	56936   Click image for larger version

Name:	week_ending__12-9-11__equity_curve_line.png
Views:	194
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	56937   Click image for larger version

Name:	big_question_for_Sunday_Monday.png
Views:	195
Size:	241.4 KB
ID:	56938  
 gibbs 
Erie, PA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NT7, TWS
Broker: RCG & IB
Trading: volatility
Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 22

kbit View Post
I understand, and what your doing sounds good but, at the same time sounds like its to much to look at...confusing.
I also look at a daily and 4hr on the 6E for example and then go directly to a tick chart. I skip the 1hr and 15m...what I'm saying is just identify the significant areas on a daily ahead of time and then just stick to your tick for day trading....keep it simple, if you go back and forth with all those charts your head will spin and your more likely to get into crap trades or get shaken out of good ones.

Hi Brian,

IMO kbit is giving you some great advice.

My biggest hurdles were not taking all the trades, mismanaging winners (understatement) and trying to look at too much "stuff". The first two take some work but the last one is a simple fix, and now I use only Price and a couple of different timeframes for the markets I daytrade - 120-min so I can see structure & what lies ahead in both directions, a 5-min to execute from, and occasionally a shorter frame to fine tune an exit.

The actual timeframes you choose are not important as they really just impact frequency of trades, but the shorter you go the harder this game becomes and the more work YOU have to do versus letting the market do the work. Plus when all is said and done, trading is really about self-discovery so it really helps to strip away all the noise so you can be as honest as possible with the reflection in the mirror.

Last Updated on December 10, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts