NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Price Forecasting with chaos

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one John Chen with 325 posts (330 thanks)
    2. looks_two ecmf with 157 posts (54 thanks)
    3. looks_3 SpartanLTD with 24 posts (14 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Simba with 15 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one TheSeeker with 6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two John Chen with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 SpartanLTD with 0.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 ecmf with 0.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 129,877 views
    2. thumb_up 508 thanks given
    3. group 52 followers
    1. forum 641 posts
    2. attach_file 503 attachments

Search this Thread

Price Forecasting with chaos

ecmf
Singapore

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 54

GoldStandard View Post
Thanks for sharing your way of looking at the market.

If I understand you correctly the histogram you're using is basicly a TPO (Time Price Opportunity) profile that shows how much time price spent at a given price rather than how much volume traded there. Is that right?

How do you decide when the trend has changed? Would you perhaps be willing to post some charts about your method from between November 8 and November 15 or so, when there were large shifts in the prevailing trend?

Hello GoldStandard,

many thanks for your interest and your questions.

I will try to answer them.

The chart is not a TPO profile. Time is meaningless without events and we use price as our events. The method used to create the chart is time independent and does not use volume at all, only price (tick data).
It does not assume a bell-curve distribution of price (does not depend on statistics) and a tendency to revert to the point of control. The forecasting method allows us to anticipate further price movement and makes forecast based on past price movement activity.

To look at the trend we look at the movement of BP and our equilibrium. Attached is the chart for Taiwan index futures for today which would highlight what i was saying. The green circle give us the reversal signal.

Price movement is an endless cycle between equilibrium and chaos. The method allow us when we are trading to see when equilibrium is achieved and when it is destroyed

Hope this helps.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TX1125-3.GIF
Views:	477
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	55598  
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index

ecmf
Singapore

attached is the price forecast for TXCC.TW which is the Taiwan Stock Index futures. At the time of this posting, price has already reached. Sorry for this delay and i hope to post before the event happens.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	TX1125b.gif
Views:	369
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	55600  

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

Ok, please don't take this as 'attacking you', but confused...

1. Why do you want to get people interested in this method? For what benefit or outcome? Why do you personally wish this? I see many people start journals all for someone else than themselves? It is funny how I don't write in my journal at home for anyone else, maybe I should... haha...

2. This to me seems like MP TPO's using a trendline 100% ext. Nothing magical here to me, but a different way to look at the market. Why not explain what it is, and help others learn instead of being reclusive?

I guess I don't get the point of why you present it this way, and I guess you are letting suspense build up until we just can't take it anymore? haha.. I am sure you have your reasons, but doesn't make sense from a straight shooter.

I appreciate you posting your different view on the markets as we all learn.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
ecmf
Singapore

attached is the price forecast for EURUSD, this is a slightly longer term forecast and not a day trade forecast.
From the picture, you can see heavy resistance for EURUSD especially 1.3521 area. Also we can see an equilibrium at 13858- 13521- 13191, 13421 was broken, so price is moving down and eventually it will move to 13191 completing the equilibrium.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	EURUSD1125a.gif
Views:	406
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	55602  
Thanked by:
ecmf
Singapore

bluemele View Post
Ok, please don't take this as 'attacking you', but confused...

1. Why do you want to get people interested in this method? For what benefit or outcome? Why do you personally wish this? I see many people start journals all for someone else than themselves? It is funny how I don't write in my journal at home for anyone else, maybe I should... haha...

2. This to me seems like MP TPO's using a trendline 100% ext. Nothing magical here to me, but a different way to look at the market. Why not explain what it is, and help others learn instead of being reclusive?

I guess I don't get the point of why you present it this way, and I guess you are letting suspense build up until we just can't take it anymore? haha.. I am sure you have your reasons, but doesn't make sense from a straight shooter.

I appreciate you posting your different view on the markets as we all learn.

Hello bluemele,

no offense at all. it is good to learn from each other. I will try to answer your questions.

1) I have learn this concept from Mr. Chen who happen to live in Hawaii over 20 years and he had a dream : To be able to forecast price. Price forecast was believed to be impossible by many people since the last century. Through his theory, I believe his dream may have come true. i also like to share with people who are interested in this new way to view price movements.

2) I can assure you that it is not like MP TPO's. Like i explain earlier, the method used is time independent and it is based on the endless cycle of building and destoying equilibrium. Based on the non fixed time interval,the method integrates equilibrium concept (from chaos theory) and the principle of "symmetry of events" to allow us to forecast price. I do not think MP is able to do price forecast.

Thank you for your interest.

jta3 
Copenhagen, Denmark

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Fib Fib and Fib.!
Trading: Setup
Thanks Given: 55
Thanks Received: 162

It's a little complex to se and test your ideer. I se alot of symmetry ind markedet. W. D. Gann have many tools for that. "Square of nine"

What timeframe can you make prediction on. and how do you test this.?

aligator 
Las Vegas, NV
Market Wizard

Platform: Abacus, Slide Rule, HP-65
Trading: Futures, Stocks, Options
Thanks Given: 1,071
Thanks Received: 5,988

ecmf View Post
Hello bluemele,

no offense at all. it is good to learn from each other. I will try to answer your questions.

1) I have learn this concept from Mr. Chen who happen to live in Hawaii over 20 years and he had a dream : To be able to forecast price. Price forecast was believed to be impossible by many people since the last century. Through his theory, I believe his dream may have come true. i also like to share with people who are interested in this new way to view price movements.

2) I can assure you that it is not like MP TPO's. Like i explain earlier, the method used is time independent and it is based on the endless cycle of building and destoying equilibrium. Based on the non fixed time interval,the method integrates equilibrium concept (from chaos theory) and the principle of "symmetry of events" to allow us to forecast price. I do not think MP is able to do price forecast.

Thank you for your interest.

Ok, @ecmf why not cut the chase and give up your indicator and tell @bluemele and others how they can duplicate your method. No disrespect but so far nothing is really explained and nothing is learned.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
ecmf
Singapore

attached is the chart for USDCHF, it show the clear movement of price and how to take advantage of it.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CHF1125a.gif
Views:	381
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	55641  
 jta3 
Copenhagen, Denmark

Platform: Fib Fib and Fib.!
Trading: Setup
Thanks Given: 55
Thanks Received: 162

Is this a conclusion of what there have happened.?

Can you put something for the future. next 2 hours or something like that.?

TheSeeker 
Germany

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MT4, StrategyRunner
Trading: ES,EUR/USD,Oil
Thanks Given: 81
Thanks Received: 73

Further info on the method:

This article and more available at Investopedia.com

Software is called J-Chart, just google it.

I've come across this method over 10 years ago, to me there are lots of similarities with Market Profile. Using ticks vs. TPOs doesn't make a great difference to me.

Market forms an equilibrium /balance and breaks out of that equilibrium at some point in time, makes a large move to then balance again and so forth, nothing new here.

Maybe the concept of establishing price targets shown by the triangles is something unique. Don't know how well it works but I'm a curious cat so I'll follow this journal.

Last Updated on July 4, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts