NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Price Forecasting with chaos

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one John Chen with 325 posts (330 thanks)
    2. looks_two ecmf with 157 posts (54 thanks)
    3. looks_3 SpartanLTD with 24 posts (14 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Simba with 15 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one TheSeeker with 6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two John Chen with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 SpartanLTD with 0.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 ecmf with 0.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 129,898 views
    2. thumb_up 508 thanks given
    3. group 52 followers
    1. forum 641 posts
    2. attach_file 503 attachments

Search this Thread

Price Forecasting with chaos

ecmf
Singapore

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 54

Moderator Notice
Moderator Notice

Well i guess my intentions for discussions and sharing of J-Chart have been deem to be insidious and the tactics of a vendor trying to push services/software.

It is true that it is difficult to teach an old dog any new tricks and i will leave it as such.

I thank all who has shown interests and questions and i hope i have answered the questions or comments to the best of my ability, if any one is interested, they can refer to the link posted by theSeeker, my uploaded pdf and my posts.

Any more posts from me if any will be strictly just a record of trades and charts as this is a trading journal.

Good luck to all.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks
ecmf
Singapore

attached is what happen on NFP on friday, The first chart was the pre-trade analysis and the 2nd chart is the actual trades taken (sold 13456 take profit 13371)

The equilibrium 13417 - 13484 - 13551 has completed and price has moved down.

The charts are drawn by combining several time intervals as needed to find the necessary equilibrium for my trading.

Price should be roaming within the yellow dotted rectangle drawn on the 2nd chart on Monday next week as long as there are no adverse events coming out for EURO. Price will range within the yellow rectangle and the plan will be to buy when price move near the bottom of rectangle and sell at the top of the rectangle.

Pre-market analysis: Sell at market open.

Actual decision will depend on how price moves when market open.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EURUSD1202-1.gif
Views:	289
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	56289   Click image for larger version

Name:	EURUSD1202-2.gif
Views:	269
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	56290  

aligator 
Las Vegas, NV
Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Abacus, Slide Rule, HP-65
Trading: Futures, Stocks, Options
Thanks Given: 1,071
Thanks Received: 5,988

ecmf View Post
attached is what happen on NFP on friday, The first chart was the pre-trade analysis and the 2nd chart is the actual trades taken (sold 13456 take profit 13371)

The charts are drawn by combining several time intervals as needed to find the necessary equilibrium for my trading.

Price should be roaming within the yellow dotted rectangle drawn on the 2nd chart on Monday next week as long as there are no adverse events coming out for EURO. Price will range within the yellow rectangle and the plan will be to buy when price move near the bottom of rectangle and sell at the top of the rectangle.

Good job @ecmf. Steve Nissen became famous translating candle stick literature. Have you considered translating Chen' s J-Chart stuff?

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

TheSeeker 
Germany

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MT4, StrategyRunner
Trading: ES,EUR/USD,Oil
Thanks Given: 81
Thanks Received: 73

ecmf View Post

How do you know when the equilibrium has been completed ? Do you enter the trade on the break of a specific price level or on the pullback to it after the break out ?

I always do the latter to avoid false break outs which can quickly kill your account.

ecmf
Singapore

aligator View Post
Good job @ ecmf. Steve Nissen became famous translating candle stick literature. Have you considered translating Chen' s J-Chart stuff?

Hello aligator,

many thanks for your continued interest in the method, i think translation is a good idea, but it will largely depend on the publisher and Mr John Chen.

ecmf
Singapore

TheSeeker View Post
How do you know when the equilibrium has been completed ? Do you enter the trade on the break of a specific price level or on the pullback to it after the break out ?

I always do the latter to avoid false break outs which can quickly kill your account.

Hello theSeeker,

many thanks for your interest and questions and i will try to answer them.

1) Equilibrium is completed when price has reached the vertices of the triangle and it is broken when price move beyond the top and bottom of the triangle.
From the chart 1, price has already pull back and it has broken EQ 13550 - 13524 - 13498 (dotted yellow triangle in 2nd chart) which is a EQ formed after the bigger EQ 13417 - 13484 - 13551 and it has broken BP13458. When price broke 13498, the bias is bearish, sell order was below 13458 as it is safer due to more resistance levels above it.

2) In my opinion, candlesticks do usually give false break outs making us lose money because it does not have predictive value. As long as eq is broken, trade will be done in the direction of the break. Sell 1 can be executed after breaking 13498 good for aggressive trader and it has 2 EQ and 2 BP as resistance levels, which is quite safe to sell. Sell 2 was done at 13456 which i did. We did not sell at Sell1 because there was a BP13484, for larger positions (60-100 lots) it is better to be safe than to be aggressive.

Hope this help.

ecmf
Singapore

attached is the pre-trade analysis for S&P500, as shown on the chart, bears are getting the upper hand to the downside.

If price move below 123500, we will sell.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ES1204a.gif
Views:	291
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	56360  
Thanked by:
ecmf
Singapore

ecmf View Post

As highlighted from the previous post, EURUSD is indeed wandering within the yellow rectangle in chart 2, high was 1.3484.

Thanked by:
ecmf
Singapore

attached are 3 charts for EURUSD trade today.

The first chart was the pre-trade forecast and the 2nd chart was the real time trading, once the EQ 13404 - 13394 - 13384 was broken, trade was done in the direction of the break down. Take profit was at the 13332. Price then rebounded because of the BP 13330 of the bigger EQ as show in chart 3(also shown in the previous post). This trade showcase the completion of EQ (13546 - 13444 - 13332) and the support of a bigger EQ through its BP.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	EURUSD1206a.gif
Views:	235
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	56511   Click image for larger version

Name:	EURUSD1206b.gif
Views:	237
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	56512   Click image for larger version

Name:	EURUSD1202-4.gif
Views:	263
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	56513  
Thanked by:
ecmf
Singapore

ecmf View Post
attached are 3 charts for EURUSD trade today.

The first chart was the pre-trade forecast and the 2nd chart was the real time trading, once the EQ 13404 - 13394 - 13384 was broken, trade was done in the direction of the break down. Take profit was at the 13332. Price then rebounded because of the BP 13330 of the bigger EQ as show in chart 3(also shown in the previous post). This trade showcase the completion of EQ (13546 - 13444 - 13332) and the support of a bigger EQ through its BP.

After a rally when favourable German factory news was released, a sell limit was trigger at 1.3410, attach is a chart which show heavy resistance at 1.3458, the chart also show a key difference in the construction of a J-Chart compared to a Market Profile chart, from the chart, all the equilibrium are formed with non fixed time intervals, depending on the need to find equilibrium for trading.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	EURUSD1206c.gif
Views:	224
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	56528  
Thanked by:

Last Updated on July 4, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts