NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Price Forecasting with chaos

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one John Chen with 325 posts (330 thanks)
    2. looks_two ecmf with 157 posts (54 thanks)
    3. looks_3 SpartanLTD with 24 posts (14 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Simba with 15 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one TheSeeker with 6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two John Chen with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 SpartanLTD with 0.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 ecmf with 0.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 129,898 views
    2. thumb_up 508 thanks given
    3. group 52 followers
    1. forum 641 posts
    2. attach_file 503 attachments

Search this Thread

Price Forecasting with chaos

ecmf
Singapore

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 54

now 28, shorted at 61 now move stop to 54 to protect

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
ecmf
Singapore

so far low is still at 16.

J-chart gives a clear entry point to enter into a positon, taking profit can be at forecasted price or using a moving stop.

ecmf
Singapore

Trade position close at 7121.

Apologies for the brief posts, as this was a live trading update and show how we use the theory of J-chart to have clear entry points and how the trade was concluded.

To recap, short entry at 7161 with stop at 7174
position close at 7121 via moving stop

Hope this helps.

aligator 
Las Vegas, NV
Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Abacus, Slide Rule, HP-65
Trading: Futures, Stocks, Options
Thanks Given: 1,071
Thanks Received: 5,988

ecmf View Post
hello all,

attached is a day trade chart for TXCC which is Taiwan Stock Index future. at of this time, forecast price 7145 has reached. The short entry was entered at 7200 when price move below the balance point 7198.
This is one of the way how J-Chart can be used to forecast the target price to take profit and how to enter into a trade.

Hope this helps.

emrf,

As was discussed before, J-chart is very similar to Profile and POC with the difference that profile plots price levels traded at different times (A,B,C, etc) within a certain time span (i.e. 60 min, 1 day, etc.) and J-chart shows 5-tick increments traded at different price levels.

Now can you simply tell us what the vertical lines in your screen shot represent, 30 minutes, 60 minutes, 1 day, etc?

By the way, the pdf in your note #32 does not explain much the concept at all, it assumes you know what every thing on that chart is. All it says is how good j chart is and how everything else is worthless. Can you provide a reference for more detail on how the chart is constructed, interpreted and traded.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

sharky 
MIAMI,FL
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader, tradingview
Broker: Private
Trading: Crypto and natural gas
Thanks Given: 625
Thanks Received: 3,906

i think he's trying to sell the idea that hes not selling something...every one thinks we are idiots here at bmt i guess...sharky

KILLING THE MARKETS DAILY
Thanked by:

aligator 
Las Vegas, NV
Market Wizard

sharky View Post
i think he's trying to sell the idea that hes not selling something...every one thinks we are idiots here at bmt i guess...sharky

@sharky,

Ditto! I think if someone modify the Market Profile indicator to draw tick bars instead of volume bars at different price levels it will be exactly the J-chart.

Cheers!

Thanked by:
ecmf
Singapore

sharky View Post

Hello sharky,

i think that it is very unfair of you to say such things, i have replied to Big Mike when asked, that i am not selling any thing and i have not, now or in future. I challenge anyone who think/feel that i am not speaking the truth on this matter to produce evidence that i am trying to sell anything to anyone.

Your comment i think are in very bad faith and an attack on my integrity, to claim that i am guilty of such intentions when there are non.

I will iterate again that i am not selling anything and i am just discussing the forecasting method of J-Chart.

ecmf
Singapore

aligator View Post
emrf,

As was discussed before, J-chart is very similar to Profile and POC with the difference that profile plots price levels traded at different times (A,B,C, etc) within a certain time span (i.e. 60 min, 1 day, etc.) and J-chart shows 5-tick increments traded at different price levels.

Now can you simply tell us what the vertical lines in your screen shot represent, 30 minutes, 60 minutes, 1 day, etc?

By the way, the pdf in your note #32 does not explain much the concept at all, it assumes you know what every thing on that chart is. All it says is how good j chart is and how everything else is worthless. Can you provide a reference for more detail on how the chart is constructed, interpreted and traded.

Hello aligator,

theSeeker post a link in his post 30 which does give an overview of J-Chart including how it is constructed, how it was used and also difference between J-Chart and Market Profile. Also towards the end of the pdf which i have uploaded, there is an explanation on a trade, did you read both?

Do not be constrained by fixed time intervals, the vertical lines depend on the needs on how to find equilibrium, it could be 2.1 days, 1.1 hrs etc.

Hope this helps

aligator 
Las Vegas, NV
Market Wizard

ecmf View Post
Hello sharky,

i think that it is very unfair of you to say such things, i have replied to Big Mike when asked, that i am not selling any thing and i have not, now or in future. I challenge anyone who think/feel that i am not speaking the truth on this matter to produce evidence that i am trying to sell anything to anyone.

Your comment i think are in very bad faith and an attack on my integrity, to claim that i am guilty of such intentions when there are non.

I will iterate again that i am not selling anything and i am just discussing the forecasting method of J-Chart.

@ecmf,

Be cool ecmf, some people may be frustrated with your style of piece meal explaining (or non-explaining) of the J-Chart method without really revealing substantial insights. Unless you can explain in detail the method (Logic, construction, interpretation, trading rules, etc.) and provide some actual before-the-fact predictions people are going to think you are just making a plug (although unintentional). People need to understand it before they become interested and say WOW!

Here on futures.io (formerly BMT) we have a bunch no none sense sharp coders and expert advisers that are very helpful and share details with all unselfishly. We have had experience with vendors or vendor pushers in the past, so its easy for people to become suspicious.

If J-Chart is truly a good trading tool then it deserves a proper introduction to attract new interest.

Good Luck!

Thanked by:
ecmf
Singapore

aligator View Post
@ ecmf,

Be cool ecmf, some people may be frustrated with your style of piece meal explaining (or non-explaining) of the J-Chart method without really revealing substantial insights. Unless you can explain in detail the method (Logic, construction, interpretation, trading rules, etc.) and provide some actual before-the-fact predictions people are going to think you are just making a plug (although unintentional). People need to understand it before they become interested and say WOW!

Here on nexusfi.com (formerly BMT) we have a bunch no none sense sharp coders and expert advisers that are very helpful and share details with all unselfishly. We have had experience with vendors or vendor pushers in the past, so its easy for people to become suspicious.

If J-Chart is truly a good trading tool then it deserves a proper introduction to attract new interest.

Good Luck!

Hello aligator,

I am open to questions asked about the method and for discussion on the method, but i do think that it is bad and very unfair to openly hint that i have ulterior motives to push any services or software in discussing my method when there are no evidence.

So I am now guilty unless proven innocent?

In my first post, i did make a forecast before the event which you are welcome to check, and i did make a few others. Earlier i made a series of posts on a Taiwan index futures trade.

I do take note of your complaints that there seem to be nothing substantial, but i feel and hope that theSeeker's link and my uploaded pdf with examples do have some substance of interest.

Unfortunately Mr John Chen's book was published in Chinese and i do have to read a couple of times before the theory sink in and i will fully admit i have only scratched the surface.

Do bear with me as i attempt to do my best to explain the theory to do justice to Mr John's findings which i feel is more important than the software. Once the concepts are known, you can do it in whatever way you want. Most people are used to seeing candlesticks or bar charts and it is quite difficult to explain a radical change in the way the charts are presented and interpreted.

Hope this helps.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on July 4, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts