NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Multiple Time Frame Equidistant Bars

Discussion in NinjaTrader

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Fat Tails with 5 posts (10 thanks)
    2. looks_two TimeTrade with 4 posts (5 thanks)
    3. looks_3 KySt with 4 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 DavidHP with 3 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 11,635 views
    2. thumb_up 16 thanks given
    3. group 8 followers
    1. forum 21 posts
    2. attach_file 7 attachments

Search this Thread

Multiple Time Frame Equidistant Bars

TimeTrade 
Erfurt Germany

Experience: Master
Platform: rtMagic, NinjaTrader
Broker: AMP/CQG, IAB
Trading: ES, 6E, FDAX, FGBL
Thanks Given: 54
Thanks Received: 461

KySt View Post
Hello Fat Tails and group,
Ninja's limitation of place 2 or more instrument tick/time frames on a single chart is most frustrating.

1) is there a way to unlock the equidistant option when more than one instrument is on the chart
2) is there a simple way to allow an indicator to read another tick/time frame, while being on a chart of a different tick/time?

I have been looking at some things from MicroTrends, but nothing similar to this.

Thanks, Ky

ps: a thx to "TMFT" for assistance a few weeks ago!!

Hi,

on the elite section its give a NT7 indicator based solution for true MultiSymbolCharts without change the primary time scale and full useable for primary bar types with non linear time scales (MultiTick, Range, ...)

this screenshot show a primary FDAX chart with a non linear time scale and as secondary chart a true syncronized ES chart. Both charts can be use as input for the most other indicators

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
25 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
 KySt 
Accokeek, USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT & TOS
Trading: ES RUT
Thanks Given: 17
Thanks Received: 24

TimeTrade View Post
Hi,

on the elite section its give a NT7 indicator based solution for true MultiSymbolCharts without change the primary time scale and full useable for primary bar types with non linear time scales (MultiTick, Range, ...)

this screenshot show a primary FDAX chart with a non linear time scale and as secondary chart a true syncronized ES chart. Both charts can be use as input for the most other indicators

Good day TimeTrade,

Thank you for the info. I have loaded the indicator. It places the second chart on the page, but how do I edit to another tick/time frame and have the core tick/time frame remain unchanged; I didn't see where there is a setting for this?

Regards, Ky

TimeTrade 
Erfurt Germany

KySt View Post
Good day TimeTrade,

Thank you for the info. I have loaded the indicator. It places the second chart on the page, but how do I edit to another tick/time frame and have the core tick/time frame remain unchanged; I didn't see where there is a setting for this?

Regards, Ky

For right understand: The primary chart use the selected NT7 bartype, the secondary chart('s) use the ticks between begin&end timestamps of the primary bars to create a full syncronized bars/candles... in other words this will say: the secondary chart has NO own bartype! (if you use a 100Tick primary chart, the secondary chart can have any different tickcount of his instruement while the primary bar duration)

(if you well use this concept with "time bars" as primary bartype, please use for better results my t4tBetterBars, while this give the waranty of true time bars without futures times)

Attension: please use on this version of t4tMultiSym only correct FullName settings for the secondary chart for prevent up to this time unhandled NT7 exceptions. A update with better & securce input validation its on work

KySt 
Accokeek, USA

TimeTrade View Post
For right understand: The primary chart use the selected NT7 bartype, the secondary chart('s) use the ticks between begin&end timestamps of the primary bars to create a full syncronized bars/candles... in other words this will say: the secondary chart has NO own bartype! (if you use a 100Tick primary chart, the secondary chart can have any different tickcount of his instruement while the primary bar duration)

(if you well use this concept with "time bars" as primary bartype, please use for better results my t4tBetterBars, while this give the waranty of true time bars without futures times)

Attension: please use on this version of t4tMultiSym only correct FullName settings for the secondary chart for prevent up to this time unhandled NT7 exceptions. A update with better & securce input validation its on work

Good day TimeTrade,
Thank you for the explanation. Either I misunderstood the use of the indicator or I am not applying it appropriately.

I am only using one trading instrument, but would like to integrate multiple tick frames on a single chart. The purpose is that have multiple indicators and studies of the indicators in those tick frames. The indicators would be in their own pane, but I need the tick frames to apply them to.

This is just an example of the purpose of the multiple tick instruments on one chart: I have 110T, 440T & 1760T session on one chart. I wish to study the CCI of a 21sma of the 144T, the ADX of a 440T and CCI of an 8ema of the 1760T. The result of these studies would then be on another pane. I hope this makes since.

I know this is possible with another charting service, but is proving to be a challenge with Ninja. The attached pic is an illustration.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Multi Tick frames on one chart.JPG
Views:	244
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	68415  
 TimeTrade 
Erfurt Germany

KySt View Post
Good day TimeTrade,
Thank you for the explanation. Either I misunderstood the use of the indicator or I am not applying it appropriately.

I am only using one trading instrument, but would like to integrate multiple tick frames on a single chart. The purpose is that have multiple indicators and studies of the indicators in those tick frames. The indicators would be in their own pane, but I need the tick frames to apply them to.

This is just an example of the purpose of the multiple tick instruments on one chart: I have 110T, 440T & 1760T session on one chart. I wish to study the CCI of a 21sma of the 144T, the ADX of a 440T and CCI of an 8ema of the 1760T. The result of these studies would then be on another pane. I hope this makes since.

I know this is possible with another charting service, but is proving to be a challenge with Ninja. The attached pic is an illustration.

This is no problem for ninja trader, its need only a array indicator with using "bartype rules" to fill the array values without self visual output. In this case the NT7 no change the primary time scale. The way for realize this concept is one "global" ticklistarray per instrument with the size of the largest analytic deep filled by one singe tick based "hidden" indicator and any other "datasource" indicators with the "selected/needed bar type rules" using the access to this data to create a with the primary chart syncronized output for using with your needed standard indicators (CCI,ADX,...)

The way over a own "global datastorage per instrument" ist not the best style of OO programming
A other way with better coding style is using the GOM framework with full access to the tick database and use this as "data source" for the rebuilding the bar types and use this output for the standard indiactors... a NT7-C# profi can go this way

(If only well use different periods of standard bartype logics, the you can use the MultiTimeFrame samples published by Fat Tail and a indicator based "tick data storage" is not needed)

Thanked by:
 KySt 
Accokeek, USA

GE TimeTrade,
I sent you a message on this :-)
-Ky

bakeyser 
Erie, PA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Free
Trading: ETFs
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 5

Hi,
I am brand new to Ninja Trader and I was wondering if it is possible to overlay 4 multi time frame moving averages over the one second chart? I would like to use 2 averages in the one minute time frame and 2 more in the five minute time frame. If anyone could let me know if this is possible, I would surely appreciate it

Thanks,
Brett

cory 
virginia

Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,090

bakeyser View Post
Hi,
I am brand new to Ninja Trader and I was wondering if it is possible to overlay 4 multi time frame moving averages over the one second chart? I would like to use 2 averages in the one minute time frame and 2 more in the five minute time frame. If anyone could let me know if this is possible, I would surely appreciate it

Thanks,
Brett

try this

Thanked by:
 TimeTrade 
Erfurt Germany

bakeyser View Post
Hi,

Thanks,
Brett

Your sample is simple, while your base chart as 1sec is also a timechart and can simple up scaled by factor 60 to MinChartValues... 1min SMA[14] = 1sec SMA[14*1*60=840] or 5min SMA[50] = 1sec SMA[50*5*60=15000]

=> you add 4 normal MA indiactors to your 1sec chart and use the right "xMin" time factor for the MA periods

Or use the the indicator of one post before... and read this only for better understand the simple logic to do this in simple case

Fat Tails 
Berlin, Europe
Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader, MultiCharts
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: Keyboard
Thanks Given: 4,242
Thanks Received: 27,102

KySt View Post
Good day TimeTrade,

Two samples created with NinjaTrader:

Last Updated on April 25, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts