NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Miltons Lost Paradise Daytrading Journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one ollivermilton with 39 posts (35 thanks)
    2. looks_two bluemele with 18 posts (4 thanks)
    3. looks_3 vovan348 with 3 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 2 posts (3 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one linkon7 with 3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 ollivermilton with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bluemele with 0.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 11,753 views
    2. thumb_up 49 thanks given
    3. group 7 followers
    1. forum 65 posts
    2. attach_file 15 attachments

Search this Thread

Miltons Lost Paradise Daytrading Journal

ollivermilton 
Linz / Austria

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja Trader
Trading: TF, ES, Currency Futures
Thanks Given: 131
Thanks Received: 76

hey...
--
it was a good day... got on a nice move down... made 4.2 points and i got taken out one time...
--
i was thinking a lot of going live soon but i still dont feel comfortable... there is a little fear of losing and making wrong decisions on my mind... dont know what to do about it... any ideas?
--

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
NexusFi Journal Challenge - May 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Quant vue
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

ollivermilton View Post
hey...
--
it was a good day... got on a nice move down... made 4.2 points and i got taken out one time...
--
i was thinking a lot of going live soon but i still dont feel comfortable... there is a little fear of losing and making wrong decisions on my mind... dont know what to do about it... any ideas?
--

You could figure out what 'fear' specifically you have?

Fear of losing? Losing what? You will always have drawdown periods and losing will occur.

Fear of making wrong decisions? How wrong, how often etc..

For me I have to find out how much I am willing to lose in a single session (but I always broke it...)

The mental aspect of trading is the most important in my opinion. There is no way to master it until you are trading live and building confidence live. But, there are babysteps also like SIM and growing the account (like you mentioned).

Why not go live this next week and you only get to make 1 trade per day for 5 days with one contract. See how you react, behave, is it any different etc..?

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
linkon7
India

Thanks Given: 52
Thanks Received: 60

Fear and greed are 2 emotions that every one wants to control. But we are human and we have to live with the fact that our analysis will be wrong at least 49% of the time. The only emotion we need to be really worried about is HOPE. That is the biggest wealth destroyer. market dangling a carrot on a stick in front of u all the time, will give u hope that as long as u follow ur system like a robot, you will make it big. Fact is, the light at the end of a tunnel is sometimes a speeding train hurling at you at full speed. When the light gets real bright, deer is caught in front the headlight, you are too paralyzed to think. That's when market hits you real hard.

Almost 90% of all traders can report a single trade that went horribly wrong that almost ended their trading career. That single bad trade normally lead to revenge trades and recovery trades. Somehow, a trader increases his exposure when he is out of sync with the market and burst his account in few days of that single trade.

Ideally, best way to gain confidence is to trade very small. The trade size should be small enough that a series of 10 loss trades should not worry you financially. Once the fear of net outcome of a single trade is gone, your executions will improve. Keep a note of how you handled each trade and give yourself room to experiment. When hard earned money is on the line, the heart does weep on every loss. But since the trade size is small, you can count every loss as small down payment for learning experience. Only when you have crossed a set number of good executed trades, increase the lot size marginally. every time the execution suffers, reduce the trade size.

Capital preservation is far far important that capital appreciation. Trading to win normally fails. But those who trade not to loose, always wins as mentally they are prepared to accept negative outcome of any trade.

hope it helps...!

Thanked by:
 ollivermilton 
Linz / Austria

thx guys for your responses...
--
true.... i am also part of the 90% having a horrible trade on the record...
although i know that i made a terrible silly mistake which could not occur a second time i still have this alarmsignal yelling of not losing in my head, which prevents me from trading the things that i see. instead i would make my decisions based on money and not on technicals...
--
the funny thing is that i know all this... the 90% of trading success is based on mental strength but if i break it down this is typical for trading... theory and experience are two different pair of shoes... in trading you get quiet fast a lot of knowledge but to put this knowledge into practise is a complete different story...
--
the best and simplest idea still would be to simply overwrite my memory with a few good trades that i only can do live...
--
i think about it...

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

ollivermilton View Post
thx guys for your responses...
--
true.... i am also part of the 90% having a horrible trade on the record...
although i know that i made a terrible silly mistake which could not occur a second time i still have this alarmsignal yelling of not losing in my head, which prevents me from trading the things that i see. instead i would make my decisions based on money and not on technicals...
--
the funny thing is that i know all this... the 90% of trading success is based on mental strength but if i break it down this is typical for trading... theory and experience are two different pair of shoes... in trading you get quiet fast a lot of knowledge but to put this knowledge into practise is a complete different story...
--
the best and simplest idea still would be to simply overwrite my memory with a few good trades that i only can do live...
--
i think about it...

Yup. I agree, but building up success in SIM couldn't hurt is you treat is like Live. Most people can't, but it is a training wheel, but if you can't do it in SIM than I wouldn't even consider LIVE.

That is why a daily journal and logging is so important. For me pushing my trades to the open air for all to see has a similar ego impact. Nobody likes to lose in public.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 ollivermilton 
Linz / Austria

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68cciZYNqn0&feature=g-vrec&context=G250e77fRVAAAAAAAABg[/yt]

Last Updated on February 24, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts