NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Bugs Trading 101(Techniques,Setups etc)

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bugsbunny with 58 posts (94 thanks)
    2. looks_two kbit with 16 posts (15 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 2 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 hector24 with 2 posts (4 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one hector24 with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bugsbunny with 1.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 kbit with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 0.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 16,130 views
    2. thumb_up 117 thanks given
    3. group 10 followers
    1. forum 82 posts
    2. attach_file 5 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Bugs Trading 101(Techniques,Setups etc)

bugsbunny 
toronto,ontaio

kbit View Post
What is a 9:30 candle ?.......5m , 15m, 30m, ...?

1 minute chart(sorry my bad.. im typing & trading @ the same time....) & one more thing its for trading hours only 9:30 - 4:00.....

Thanks

Bugs.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
25 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
 bugsbunny 
toronto,ontaio

if TF continues the way its going im seeing a tgt @ 661ish....

TF just made a bottom @ 675.7.... if this is a true bottom mkt should go upto 675.7 + 5.5 = 681.2.. so chances are 681.2 should get hit & knowing its a downtrend it could reverse from that point....

Good Luck

Bugs

kbit 
Aurora, Il USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TradeStation
Trading: futures
Thanks Given: 3,295
Thanks Received: 3,364

bugsbunny View Post
Expect every top or bottom to have a 5.5 pt target on the TF... Its today's hidden move only....(11/23/2011)

Count 5/10/15 points from 9:30am EST candle & expect it to reverse @ these points...... Now 9:30's candle is the entire body & pins if any...

Good Luck.. The 9:30 Trick is very important it does work.....

& yeah this is all for TF only...

Good Luck

Bugs

I still don't quite understand...is it 5.5 points from the 9:30 candle close or what ? exactly what are you looking at ?

bugsbunny 
toronto,ontaio

kbit View Post
I still don't quite understand...is it 5.5 points from the 9:30 candle close or what ? exactly what are you looking at ?

Thanks you brought that up... its actually 2 different things one is a permanent setup & the other changes daily.... the 5/10/15 point move is a fixed setup.. traders should look out for that on a daily basis... whereas the other 5.5 pt tgt changes daily... like yesterday was 4.2 points... today 5.5...

so today being a downtrend everyone shouldve sold every 5.5 move that retraced but being such a powerful move it was impossible to catch that kinda retracement..... today was a jump in & ride the trend day.....

I hope everyone made $$$$..
Ill catch you guys in a few weeks...

merry xmas & happy new year to everyone....

Bugs

kbit 
Aurora, Il USA

bugsbunny View Post
Thanks you brought that up... its actually 2 different things one is a permanent setup & the other changes daily.... the 5/10/15 point move is a fixed setup.. traders should look out for that on a daily basis... whereas the other 5.5 pt tgt changes daily... like yesterday was 4.2 points... today 5.5...

so today being a downtrend everyone shouldve sold every 5.5 move that retraced but being such a powerful move it was impossible to catch that kinda retracement..... today was a jump in & ride the trend day.....

I hope everyone made $$$$..
Ill catch you guys in a few weeks...

merry xmas & happy new year to everyone....

Bugs

I'm not trading tomorrow but I'm guessing your number is about 6.1 for tomorrow...is that right ?

bugsbunny 
toronto,ontaio

kbit View Post
I'm not trading tomorrow but I'm guessing your number is about 6.1 for tomorrow...is that right ?

nope if mkts were opened today the tgt wouldve been 4.2 pts...

kbit you getting close but wont be able to figure this one out...... its something totally different.... no Indicators..nothing just a few hours extracted during a trading day just simple range between certain hours after open..... so most likely the tgt will be the same on Monday too..
But I wont be around to check it out... tomorrow is a big day for me.. so I request you guys to remember me in your prayers..

Thanks Again

Bugs

kbit 
Aurora, Il USA

bugsbunny View Post
nope if mkts were opened today the tgt wouldve been 4.2 pts...

kbit you getting close but wont be able to figure this one out...... its something totally different.... no Indicators..nothing just a few hours extracted during a trading day just simple range between certain hours after open..... so most likely the tgt will be the same on Monday too..
But I wont be around to check it out... tomorrow is a big day for me.. so I request you guys to remember me in your prayers..

Thanks Again

Bugs

That doesn't make sense to me, I am a bit handicapped in that I don't want to discuss this on a public forum. I'll just say that time is part of the equation in one of the calculations for me too. I came up with the same thing on an alternative formula but prefer the other...anyway have a great holiday Bugs and hope your surgerys go well.

Edit: by the way Using the other method I come up with 4.3

bugsbunny 
toronto,ontaio

TF approaching 743 it could sell for a bit... next resistance is 747 (dec. contract)

bugsbunny 
toronto,ontaio

My first outing after surgery... still cant sit for too long... just couldnt resist to post.... Great weekend guys...

Bugs

kbit 
Aurora, Il USA

bugsbunny View Post
My first outing after surgery... still cant sit for too long... just couldnt resist to post.... Great weekend guys...

Bugs

Nice to see you again Bugs...I hope you are in better health now.

Closed Thread

Last Updated on July 19, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts