NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Inspiration or hoax?! Trade it don't Date it (www.tradeitdontdateit.com)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Jigsaw Trading with 15 posts (21 thanks)
    2. looks_two TheTradeSlinger with 9 posts (5 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Jedi with 6 posts (4 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 5 posts (13 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Private Banker with 3.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Silvester17 with 2.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 2.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Jigsaw Trading with 1.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 63,200 views
    2. thumb_up 93 thanks given
    3. group 30 followers
    1. forum 86 posts
    2. attach_file 9 attachments

Search this Thread

Inspiration or hoax?! Trade it don't Date it (www.tradeitdontdateit.com)

normal guy 
Victoria, British Columbia

Experience: None
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: ES, 6E
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Hours
Thanks Given: 171
Thanks Received: 7

One of his video in 2009 under Future section on his website shows that he traded real and big using X-trader.

50 Cars were sitting on the bid side of DOM with 0 EPIQ. Only 11 executed. Confirmed by T&S.

Besides 2009 live trading I have not found any solid evidence.

To me, it does not matter he trades live or sim as long as I can learn something from him than move on like BigMike said twice.

Cheers.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks

Silvester17 
Columbus, OH
Market Wizard

Platform: NT 8, TOS
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 5,139
Thanks Received: 11,527

Jedi View Post
My broker who also trades live with a Ninja DOM saw the DOM and said that the background color is consistent with a live DOM, which should be light grey-white, not bleach white in color.. If the DOM colors has been altered, they have certainly done a remarkable job..

Perhaps we can see something in time and sales to reflect his orders but sometimes its broken up to fill smaller orders. The size should also reflect his sitting orders but 99.9% of the time ES has enough size to cover over Lakai's size. I have not been able to witness otherwise personally..

I have to say that for the few weeks that I've seen him trade, he has been trading remarkably well overall and his method is the simplest I've seen and its clearly working..

Some ask why is he doing this? One explanation is its fun to be watched when you're performing something well especially when its something most don't believe can be done. How many of you played sports and enjoyed an audience? Often its the same with trading...

This doesn't negate the other comments that are clearly valid and he may well be trading sim.. but if he can maintain his performance with such a simple method of only price bars and time frames, its impressive even for sim..

as @Big Mike said before, and I completely agree, it doesn't matter if it's sim or live. if you can benefit from it good, if not don't waste your time.

and this is just for clarification. ray from nt was very kind to confirm my findings:

Thanked by:

Jigsaw Trading  Jigsaw Trading is an official Site Sponsor

Thanks Given: 831
Thanks Received: 10,393

Jeeeeeeeeez

You can set the background colour for SIM to any colour.

Here is a live DOM next to a SIM DOM.

$300 on Paypal to ANYONE that can tell me that the RGB codes for the 2 screens are in any way different.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Silvester17 
Columbus, OH
Market Wizard

Platform: NT 8, TOS
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 5,139
Thanks Received: 11,527

DionysusToast View Post
Jeeeeeeeeez

You can set the background colour for SIM to any colour.

Here is a live DOM next to a SIM DOM.

$300 on Paypal to ANYONE that can tell me that the RGB codes for the 2 screens are in any way different.

yes, we all know that you can change the sim dom to any color you want. but that's not the point. the point is, you can't change the live dom colors.

btw nice trade, hope you got filled at 6.75

Thanked by:

Silvester17 View Post
yes, we all know that you can change the sim dom to any color you want. but that's not the point. the point is, you can't change the live dom colors.

btw nice trade, hope you got filled at 6.75

Already filled - gracias.

You are right - the color you change is the "Simulation Color"

You can make SIM look like live.

You cannot make live look like SIM - but then - why would anyone want to do that????

Thanked by:

wldman 
Chicago Illinois USA
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Broker: IB, ToS
Trading: /ES, US Equities/Options
Frequency: Several times daily
Thanks Given: 2,046
Thanks Received: 9,491

who cares if it is sim or live? Make your own judgement about that if you need to count other peoples money to make you a better trader, but no doubt the forums could be dominitaed by sim trade bsd's and people that do not really trade or have any idea.

A simple review will determine if a "system" is robust and realistic to duplicate or mine for usefulness in one's own trading.

If real, most people will fail in their attempt to duplicate it anyway. I can see everything Tom Brady does and I can to a great extent do the same thing but it is simply not part of my genetic code nor do I have the right external influences to be an elite NFL quarterback.

I think it is somewhat naive for a similarly "regular guy" to think that he can watch some videos, read some books and "become" an elite trader, human nature and emotional forces are just to strong against for that to be routine....not to say many can't make or augment a reasonable living.

To offer just one simple clue about the authenticity of those proposed or referenced trades. I've been involved in professional trading for 20 years and in that time I'd say I know of maybe a couple hundred "sole props" or "locals" that are regularly bigger than 100 up and NONE of them would freely broadcast that outside of the crowd, especially not in a public forum like futures.io (formerly BMT).

Thanked by:

wldman View Post
who cares if it is sim or live? Make your own judgement about that if you need to count other peoples money to make you a better trader, but no doubt the forums could be dominitaed by sim trade bsd's and people that do not really trade or have any idea.

What?

You'd better care if the guy you follow is trading SIM or not.

You want to follow someone who can't put their money where their mouth is?

Seriously - this is a tough game. People need to raise the bar, otherwise they'll entertain all sorts of nonsense.

wldman View Post
To offer just one simple clue about the authenticity of those proposed or referenced trades. I've been involved in professional trading for 20 years and in that time I'd say I know of maybe a couple hundred "sole props" or "locals" that are regularly bigger than 100 up and NONE of them would freely broadcast that outside of the crowd, especially not in a public forum like futures.io (formerly BMT).

On this, we can agree!

wldman 
Chicago Illinois USA
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Broker: IB, ToS
Trading: /ES, US Equities/Options
Frequency: Several times daily
Thanks Given: 2,046
Thanks Received: 9,491

DionysusToast View Post
What?

You'd better care if the guy you follow is trading SIM or not.

You want to follow someone who can't put their money where their mouth is?

Seriously - this is a tough game. People need to raise the bar, otherwise they'll entertain all sorts of nonsense.

I misinterpreted that. I do not follow anyone so maybe that has something to do with it.

Thanked by:

wldman View Post
I misinterpreted that. I do not follow anyone so maybe that has something to do with it.

On this, we can agree !!!

Last Updated on July 13, 2017

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts