NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Inspiration or hoax?! Trade it don't Date it (www.tradeitdontdateit.com)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Jigsaw Trading with 15 posts (21 thanks)
    2. looks_two TheTradeSlinger with 9 posts (5 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Jedi with 6 posts (4 thanks)
    4. looks_4 wldman with 5 posts (4 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Private Banker with 3.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Silvester17 with 2.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 2.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Jigsaw Trading with 1.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 63,227 views
    2. thumb_up 93 thanks given
    3. group 30 followers
    1. forum 86 posts
    2. attach_file 9 attachments

Search this Thread

Inspiration or hoax?! Trade it don't Date it (www.tradeitdontdateit.com)

JoeMich
california los angeles

Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 8

TheTradeSlinger View Post
#2: There are no subscribers. It's a guy livestreaming (sometimes!) his trading and chatting with people he's known a long time.

#3: Not sure about August, but he "retired" sometime late last year close to that limit down day we had in the ES. Truly though, i doubt he will "retire" for years, he loves trading too much (all in my opinion).

"Addressing point #1, it kind of doesn't matter if sim or real, as long as the followers can profit from it by either learning something or copying the trades. As long as one of those occur, who cares if it is not real money?? As was mentioned above, check it out, if you can use it good, if not, move on...."

Wiser words were never spoken!

Hey I think this guy lakai can trade and there are things that we all can learn from. For a guy making money like that, people will get suspicious. I still dont believe that a person managed to trade 500+lots in only 3 years experience in future trading as shown in his 2010 video. That would take a millions dollar account. making millions with a starting capital of 10k is not easy to do.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout

Pedro40
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Thanks Given: 33
Thanks Received: 379

#3: Not sure about August, but he "retired" sometime late last year close to that limit down day we had in the ES.

Well, you wrote it in another thread back then that he retired. If it happened after a huge move, he might have lost a ton and didn't feel like sharing anymore.

If he doesn't have subscribers I can actually see the reason of sharing. It keeps one sharper and also a bit more entertained.

Anyway, I wanted to ask you: You have been following him for 3 years, but according to your journal, you still have issues with your trading. So what did you learn from him and what was what you still need to work on? (I think one was sticking to winners longer)

Jigsaw Trading  Jigsaw Trading is an official Site Sponsor

Thanks Given: 831
Thanks Received: 10,393

I'm not an expert on how various data feeds show fills and resting orders.

I am an expert on the fact that I've known Lak for nearly 5 years and that he is a real trader and that I look up to him and want to be like him.

Know how they say those that can't do teach? Maybe those in the trading world that can't trade sell indicators?

With futures, it's quite simple.

There is one single exchange and all the feeds come from that one exchange.

So it's the most transparent market. When one person submits a limit order, we all see it.

I don't know Lak, or whether he can trade - but I do know that video was SIM based on the fact that the order book never showed his order.

People can do the same as I did for other videos of his (before he stopped using limit orders on his videos) - they will see the same thing.

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io " Ask Me Anything" thread
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

TheTradeSlinger 
Huntington WV

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TradeStation
Trading: ES, CL
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 682

Pedro40 View Post
Anyway, I wanted to ask you: You have been following him for 3 years, but according to your journal, you still have issues with your trading. So what did you learn from him and what was what you still need to work on? (I think one was sticking to winners longer)

He doesn't teach or mentor anyone.

I have been following his work for 5 years (videos/livestream), chatting and getting to know him for 3 years.

I learned levels, S/R, momentum, and most importantly that trading for a living is possible from him.

@Pedro40, my main issue these days is holding my winners to my intended targets, but I am getting better and better at that each day it seems like (or at least I hope lol). I realized there was a major disconnect between my analysis of the markets which is usually spot on, and my execution of my analysis or plan.

Actually, believe it or not (lol! not referring to you Pedro, but this whole thread), I spoke with Lak over the phone about this issue a few weeks ago and I figured out what I had to do to improve, which is to just do it. There's no "feel good" crap that can help one improve, one just has to do it. Took me a while to realize that, but my results have improved a great deal since coming to that realization.

I hope you guys can realize I am the biggest cheerleader in the world for Lak and his work because it helped me a lot, literally wouldn't be where I am sitting at my desk if it weren't for me finding his work and I getting interested enough to begin trading futures.

I share this with you guys because that is the nature of futures.io (BMT!) to share with one another things we have found to be helpful in our journeys to successful trading.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

TheTradeSlinger 
Huntington WV

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TradeStation
Trading: ES, CL
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 682

DionysusToast View Post
With futures, it's quite simple.

There is one single exchange and all the feeds come from that one exchange.

So it's the most transparent market. When one person submits a limit order, we all see it.

I don't know Lak, or whether he can trade - but I do know that video was SIM based on the fact that the order book never showed his order.

People can do the same as I did for other videos of his (before he stopped using limit orders on his videos) - they will see the same thing.

Does him being a member of the CME have anything to do with his orders? He trades through a prime brokerage account as well.

Like I said, I have no idea how all the orders and what not work, but I do know he trades for real.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 jz166 
NY, USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT/IB TWS
Broker: IB
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 813
Thanks Received: 444

He doesn't teach or mentor anyone.

I have been following his work for 5 years (videos/livestream), chatting and getting to know him for 3 years.

I learned levels, S/R, momentum, and most importantly that trading for a living is possible from him.

@Pedro40, my main issue these days is holding my winners to my intended targets, but I am getting better and better at that each day it seems like (or at least I hope lol). I realized there was a major disconnect between my analysis of the markets which is usually spot on, and my execution of my analysis or plan.

Actually, believe it or not (lol! not referring to you Pedro, but this whole thread), I spoke with Lak over the phone about this issue a few weeks ago and I figured out what I had to do to improve, which is to just do it. There's no "feel good" crap that can help one improve, one just has to do it. Took me a while to realize that, but my results have improved a great deal since coming to that realization.

I hope you guys can realize I am the biggest cheerleader in the world for Lak and his work because it helped me a lot, literally wouldn't be where I am sitting at my desk if it weren't for me finding his work and I getting interested enough to begin trading futures.

I share this with you guys because that is the nature of futures.io (BMT!) to share with one another things we have found to be helpful in our journeys to successful trading.

just found this thread and totally agree with what you said about trader Lak.

Thanked by:

Oysteryx 
New York, NY

Experience: Master
Platform: Various
Trading: Everything that moves
Thanks Given: 340
Thanks Received: 466

tradeitdontdateit was brought to my attn recently on a chatroom I participate in. I was amazed to find intelligent people wanting to believe those trading videos represented live trading.

Videos show a 700 lot trader.

Video are 100% sim trading.

1) If trading that size, you do not execute on Ninja. Retail platforms are not trustworthy in fast markets. Ticks matter.

2) If trading that size, and trading high frequency intraday bars, you do not chart and execute on different platforms.

3) As pointed out, futures orders are for everyone to see and show on Times Sales - if a 100 lot order is not there, it did not happen.

He/she may be or have been a real live trader, or not. But the videos are sim. Fun, maybe, but sim.

Its hard to understand how can anyone who has actually traded can find sim trading inspirational. Sim traders face no emotional obstacles and can average down and play the martingale to get out of any drawdown, always coming out on top.

People believes what they want to believe.

Guruitis is a disease.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

Last Updated on July 13, 2017

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts