NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Inspiration or hoax?! Trade it don't Date it (www.tradeitdontdateit.com)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Jigsaw Trading with 15 posts (21 thanks)
    2. looks_two TheTradeSlinger with 9 posts (5 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Jedi with 6 posts (4 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 5 posts (13 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Private Banker with 3.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Silvester17 with 2.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 2.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Jigsaw Trading with 1.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 63,820 views
    2. thumb_up 93 thanks given
    3. group 30 followers
    1. forum 86 posts
    2. attach_file 9 attachments

Search this Thread

Inspiration or hoax?! Trade it don't Date it (www.tradeitdontdateit.com)

CinderellaMan 
Orlando, Florida

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninjatrader
Trading: CL, YM
Thanks Given: 532
Thanks Received: 266

In to read later.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
25 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks

TheTradeSlinger 
Huntington WV

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TradeStation
Trading: ES, CL
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 682

xplorer View Post
Something does not add up. If we have people on this forum stating that they recorded Order Flow against his trades and when Lak claimed to trade x contracts they did not show on the recorded Tape/Order Flow on the other side, wouldn't that be suspicious?

You also have people in this thread pointing out that yes, they did see the orders go through.

Different feeds show different order flows. Just opening various time and tick charts can be off depending on brokerage to brokerage.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

xplorer 
London UK
Site Moderator

Experience: Beginner
Platform: CQG
Broker: S5
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 15,492
Thanks Received: 15,386

TheTradeSlinger View Post
You also have people in this thread pointing out that yes, they did see the orders go through.

Different feeds show different order flows. Just opening various time and tick charts can be off depending on brokerage to brokerage.

I've gone through the thread again - perhaps you could point me to where people say that they did see the orders go through? I can't find it myself. Thx.

Pedro40
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Thanks Given: 33
Thanks Received: 379

xplorer View Post
Responding to an old post but he would have to trade SIM with those results if he didn't have the margin required to trade it live. You can't trade 100+ lots on a small account.

It is kind of a moot point because the guy retired in last August according to TradeSlinger. If he actually made those profits and retired while the going was still good, I lift my fedora off to him...

His website seems to be down. Of course there is the possibility he was doing SIMs, but again, it is a moot point now...

Edit: There is a separate current thread discussing this guy and apparently he is still in business:

Edit2: According to the #3 post in the above thread, he just came back to trading and live streaming last week..

TheTradeSlinger 
Huntington WV

xplorer View Post
I've gone through the thread again - perhaps you could point me to where people say that they did see the orders go through? I can't find it myself. Thx.

Post #31 in this thread.

Thanked by:

Jigsaw Trading  Jigsaw Trading is an official Site Sponsor

Thanks Given: 831
Thanks Received: 10,393

TheTradeSlinger View Post

Actually, the CQG/IQFeed time & sales are complete.

They don't show different order flows.

I think the guy switched to market orders when he realized it was clear his limit orders weren't increasing the amount on the order book ;-)

Here's an example showing the addition of 50 contracts at 2 levels, yet the order book stays the same....

The best cons are the ones that people really, really want to believe.

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io " Ask Me Anything" thread
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Jigsaw Trading  Jigsaw Trading is an official Site Sponsor

Thanks Given: 831
Thanks Received: 10,393

normal guy View Post
One of his video in 2009 under Future section on his website shows that he traded real and big using X-trader.

50 Cars were sitting on the bid side of DOM with 0 EPIQ. Only 11 executed. Confirmed by T&S.

Besides 2009 live trading I have not found any solid evidence.

To me, it does not matter he trades live or sim as long as I can learn something from him than move on like BigMike said twice.

Cheers.

Don't forget that both CQG and TT have Demo Accounts that simulate real fills.

Ninja SIM101 doesn't have that.

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io " Ask Me Anything" thread
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Pedro40
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Thanks Given: 33
Thanks Received: 379

I will call bullshit on this guy for 3 reasons:

1. The general rule with these type of claims that it is all BS, until proven otherwise.

2. If the guy is really making so much, why would he care about sharing and dealing with subscribers?

3. Also, why did he stop in last August and why is the website down right now?

Addressing point #2, I am all for diversification and it could be a good idea of sharing and getting extra money if it doesn't interfere with the core business, which is real life trading. But hassling with subscribers can be just too much and not worth the distraction.

Addressing point #1, it kind of doesn't matter if sim or real, as long as the followers can profit from it by either learning something or copying the trades. As long as one of those occur, who cares if it is not real money?? As was mentioned above, check it out, if you can use it good, if not, move on....

TheTradeSlinger 
Huntington WV

DionysusToast View Post
Actually, the CQG/IQFeed time & sales are complete.

They don't show different order flows.

I think the guy switched to market orders when he realized it was clear his limit orders weren't increasing the amount on the order book ;-)

Here's an example showing the addition of 50 contracts at 2 levels, yet the order book stays the same....

The best cons are the ones that people really, really want to believe.

I'm not an expert on how various data feeds show fills and resting orders.

I am an expert on the fact that I've known Lak for nearly 5 years and that he is a real trader and that I look up to him and want to be like him.

Know how they say those that can't do teach? Maybe those in the trading world that can't trade sell indicators?

TheTradeSlinger 
Huntington WV

Pedro40 View Post
2. If the guy is really making so much, why would he care about sharing and dealing with subscribers?

3. Also, why did he stop in last August and why is the website down right now?

Addressing point #1, it kind of doesn't matter if sim or real, as long as the followers can profit from it by either learning something or copying the trades. As long as one of those occur, who cares if it is not real money?? As was mentioned above, check it out, if you can use it good, if not, move on....

#2: There are no subscribers. It's a guy livestreaming (sometimes!) his trading and chatting with people he's known a long time.

#3: Not sure about August, but he "retired" sometime late last year close to that limit down day we had in the ES. Truly though, i doubt he will "retire" for years, he loves trading too much (all in my opinion).

"Addressing point #1, it kind of doesn't matter if sim or real, as long as the followers can profit from it by either learning something or copying the trades. As long as one of those occur, who cares if it is not real money?? As was mentioned above, check it out, if you can use it good, if not, move on...."

Wiser words were never spoken!

Last Updated on July 13, 2017

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts