NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TF thread (Russell 2000) ... anything goes

Discussion in Emini and Emicro Index

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one kbit with 791 posts (476 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 38 posts (37 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Silvester17 with 31 posts (55 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Boomer34 with 23 posts (5 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Silvester17 with 1.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 aligator with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 kbit with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 232,632 views
    2. thumb_up 782 thanks given
    3. group 69 followers
    1. forum 1,126 posts
    2. attach_file 269 attachments

Search this Thread

TF thread (Russell 2000) ... anything goes

kbit 
Aurora, Il USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TradeStation
Trading: futures
Thanks Given: 3,295
Thanks Received: 3,364

This is a 15m chart for those who attended the recent webinar. It is a KS cross play....had a down trend, then spun around and came up through the KS then a long could have been taken on the retest (blue arrow)

Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
22 thanks
The Program
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks

kbit 
Aurora, Il USA

I hesitate posting this because probably most won't understand but had an example of a "footprint play".
That's what I call it anyway. Notice by the blue arrow there is a pinbar and a subsequent candle confirming direction....It was at a swing high at the time but what I really want is the second attempt at reversal and that is at the red arrow area. The best part is you can determine where it's going by measuring from the bottom of the confirming candle on the first reversal attempt (where the red line and blue arrow is) to the top of the swing (pinbar at the top) and take that measurement and subtract that amount from the red line to get a target (blue line)
This is on a Kase bar chart...the same thing can happen on some of the tick charts as well...don't know about time based charts though. It's a easy play and for some reason usually happens later in the day...but could happen anytime.
I posted another example of this in bugsbunnys journal so you can see another example there.
>

Thanked by:

kbit 
Aurora, Il USA

Had the same trades that I posted yesterday happen again today....hopefully someone figured it out. I did give a heads up.....
Tomorrow I do have some levels to keep an eye on but am thinking it will be like the wild west so I don't want to get anyone in trouble by giving out numbers....I suspect everyone is expecting a rise tomorrow but I am keeping a open view on this.
Below is todays Ichimoku (daily)....starting to look good but still need some more time to pass..... there have been trades on 15m like I posted above for the past couple days.

Here's the 15m trade (KS cross as described in previous post)

Thanked by:

kbit 
Aurora, Il USA

Sometimes a picture – or a chart without markings – says more than words ever could.

And contained in these charts that appear to be presenting topping patterns on the cusp of confirming is the fact that there is not any “nice” consolidation to be found.

Watch 2611 on the Nasdaq Composite and 731 on the Russell 2000 because a breaching of those levels will all but assure that the apparent topping action in these equity indexes will take each down to close gaps and fulfill Bear Pennants for an approximate 10% decline from current levels.

And it is for this reason that it seems worth paying attention to the fact that tech and small cap look toppy.

kbit 
Aurora, Il USA

I'm not going to make a habit out of posting all this stuff...just wanted to show another example of the same trade that happened yesterday on a kase bar chart (same thing came up on my tick chart).
Yesterdays trade was a short ...today was a long. first signal in this case was a engulfing bar the second was a nice pinbar....blue line was target.

Just wondering if all those guys out there with all those fancy indicators can get trades like that.
I'm guilty of using vwap and pivots on my other charts but as you can see you don't even need that......

Thanked by:

madLyfe 
Des Moines, Iowa

Experience: None
Platform: Ninja, TOS
Broker: AMP/CQG, TOS
Trading: CL, TF, GC
Thanks Given: 9,220
Thanks Received: 1,020

kbit View Post
I'm not going to make a habit out of posting all this stuff...just wanted to show another example of the same trade that happened yesterday on a kase bar chart (same thing came up on my tick chart).
Yesterdays trade was a short ...today was a long. first signal in this case was a engulfing bar the second was a nice pinbar....blue line was target.

Attachment 56691

Just wondering if all those guys out there with all those fancy indicators can get trades like that.
I'm guilty of using vwap and pivots on my other charts but as you can see you don't even need that......

ya.. i guess the sample size would have to be much larger to find out.. i have also been looking to simplify things allot, so i welcome these kinds of posting kbit... thanks!

dont believe anything you hear and only half of what you see

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

kbit 
Aurora, Il USA

madLyfe View Post
ya.. i guess the sample size would have to be much larger to find out.. i have also been looking to simplify things allot, so i welcome these kinds of posting kbit... thanks!

Don't take my word for it...see for yourself....I'm sure you will agree if you spend time on it, I'm just showing the way I do it. Take a look at bugsbunnys old journal, I posted a bunch of examples in there.

Massive l 
OR/USA
Legendary /NQ Trader

Thanks Given: 1,859
Thanks Received: 5,106

With the 1 minute you'll get a lot of false signals IMO.

I've seen first hand from a trading friend (JLC) the power of engulfing candles and pinbars in the fx market
on 1hr, 4hr, and daily charts.

kbit 
Aurora, Il USA

Massive l View Post
With the 1 minute you'll get a lot of false signals IMO.

I've seen first hand from a trading friend (JLC) the power of engulfing candles and pinbars in the fx market
on 1hr, 4hr, and daily charts.

I agree on just a conventional 1m chart but that is a Kase bar chart and is different....mine can be based on ticks or 1m data which is actually a different result than a regular 1m candle (Kase bars last longer than 1 minute in duration)...if that makes sense.
I have spent a lot of time on it can read it very well. I have tried it with every setting imaginable in the past and the way it is shown here by far works best for me. I would add though that I would use different settings on the ES and NQ and others....this is just the setting for the TF and EUR/USD and the swissy.
Without writing a book I would also say that my main focus is on a 2000 tick (TF)chart but the Kase produces trades as well ...as you can see.

Thanked by:

Massive l 
OR/USA
Legendary /NQ Trader

Thanks Given: 1,859
Thanks Received: 5,106

I see! Makes total sense, kbit.

Last Updated on April 28, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts