NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

The Beast Slayer, Lance's NQ Trading Journal

Discussion in Commodities

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one lancelottrader with 843 posts (4,515 thanks)
    2. looks_two redbarntrades with 59 posts (147 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Rrrracer with 28 posts (117 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Okina with 23 posts (41 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one lancelottrader with 5.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Rrrracer with 4.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 4.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 redbarntrades with 2.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 456,985 views
    2. thumb_up 6,047 thanks given
    3. group 648 followers
    1. forum 1,639 posts
    2. attach_file 251 attachments

Search this Thread

The Beast Slayer, Lance's NQ Trading Journal

redbarntrades
Kalispell=Mt./USA

Thanks Given: 354
Thanks Received: 426

Plankton View Post
Thanks for the advise! I may just have to step back for awhile and regroup.

I understand! I had to step back and regroup for 16 years! A buddy and I decided to start trading stocks a few months before the 2000 tech crash. Comparison to now, we did not have youtube videos, mentors, coaching nor simulators. I traded the mornings then headed off to the job. I had to stop after a year or so and resign myself to finishing out my regular working career without trading.

My wife and I both started charting stocks, forex, nadex then futures going on 5 years ago now. We both believe that learning trading is like going to at least 4 years of college if not more. It was complete naivete to think I could replace my income back in the day. Fast forward to today and we both now understand the psychological hurdles we have had to overcome. Been very hard but worth it. Especially in the emotional sense.

In the end, we all just want to put beans on the table. If you can do that, you are already a success! Plot your course to become the trader you want to be and figure out how you can get there considering your lifestyle.

Don't mean to dish out advise, but I hope my/our story helps a bit.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
NexusFi Journal Challenge - May 2024
Feedback and Announcements

Plankton 
Blacksburg, SC

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Thanks Given: 51
Thanks Received: 29

redbarntrades View Post
I understand! I had to step back and regroup for 16 years! A buddy and I decided to start trading stocks a few months before the 2000 tech crash. Comparison to now, we did not have youtube videos, mentors, coaching nor simulators. I traded the mornings then headed off to the job. I had to stop after a year or so and resign myself to finishing out my regular working career without trading.

My wife and I both started charting stocks, forex, nadex then futures going on 5 years ago now. We both believe that learning trading is like going to at least 4 years of college if not more. It was complete naivete to think I could replace my income back in the day. Fast forward to today and we both now understand the psychological hurdles we have had to overcome. Been very hard but worth it. Especially in the emotional sense.

In the end, we all just want to put beans on the table. If you can do that, you are already a success! Plot your course to become the trader you want to be and figure out how you can get there considering your lifestyle.

Don't mean to dish out advise, but I hope my/our story helps a bit.

I appreciate your advise. It gets me to thinking correctly. I might just take your advise and jump on the slow boat. Who knows... I might start playing golf again after 20+ years. If I can find my old clubs. LOL.

Thanked by:
redbarntrades
Kalispell=Mt./USA

Plankton View Post
I appreciate your advise. It gets me to thinking correctly. I might just take your advise and jump on the slow boat. Who knows... I might start playing golf again after 20+ years. If I can find my old clubs. LOL.

Slow and steady as she goes!

I loaned my clubs to a friend back in the day as I did not have the time with 3 babies in tow. I went to retrieve them a few years later and the couple had a strange look on their faces. That's because they sold them at their garage sale. Good thing they were very good friends of mine!

Don't be a stranger!

Thanked by:
 lancelottrader 
west palm beach florida usa
Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ninja trader
Broker: Optimus Futures/ Rithmic
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 1,113
Thanks Received: 5,386

Hi Everybody. Haven't been on here for a long time. Thought I'd post a video showing a few new things I'm doing with my trading.

Failure is not an option
Started this thread Reply With Quote
 JJFinancial 
Temecula CA USA

Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: AMP Futures/CQG
Thanks Given: 63
Thanks Received: 36

Thanks Lance....have missed your posts. Hope you're doing well. Happy New Year!

redbarntrades
Kalispell=Mt./USA

lancelottrader View Post
Hi Everybody. Haven't been on here for a long time. Thought I'd post a video showing a few new things I'm doing with my trading.

Greetings Lance! Thanks for the video/post. Great to see you shaking things up a bit.

What a benefit of traders hearing that you use your sim account now and then. Might as well work out the technicals and the psychology on sim before applying the changes. Certainly does not cost anything.

While you have been away, I have become irritated, for the last time, missing out on those runs like we had on Monday. Trading ranges has worked fine, but not good on extension days. I finally, yes finally, flipped the switch and realized those days are the real bread and butter and took a different approach.

I opened a new Renko chart to sit alongside of the 2 minute and a couple of longer term chart (for levels). What I found is that I am not entering trades where I should not be. I'm staying in trades longer (as long as I obey what is right in front of me). Staying in a trade that a time based chart would tell me that I better exit.

For instance, on your last trade that you did (which of course was stellar), my Renko chart would have kept me in for another 180 ticks beyond when your TP was hit.

FYI, this is using the micro NQ.

This tweak is giving me the fortitude to trade what I see and not what I think. Strictly mechanical. It's a color game.

The Renko boxes are 40 ticks with 14 ticks of absorption.

Like you said "It's taken the stress out of the trade".

Traders like you have been instrumental in providing building blocks for my own trading.

Enjoy the heat down there. It's warmed up from -8deg. to +7 deg. "It's a tropical heat wave up here"! Time to do a Wim Hof and go roll around in the snow in my boxers.

lancelottrader 
west palm beach florida usa
Market Wizard

Platform: ninja trader
Broker: Optimus Futures/ Rithmic
Thanks Given: 1,113
Thanks Received: 5,386

redbarntrades View Post
Greetings Lance! Thanks for the video/post. Great to see you shaking things up a bit.

What a benefit of traders hearing that you use your sim account now and then. Might as well work out the technicals and the psychology on sim before applying the changes. Certainly does not cost anything.

While you have been away, I have become irritated, for the last time, missing out on those runs like we had on Monday. Trading ranges has worked fine, but not good on extension days. I finally, yes finally, flipped the switch and realized those days are the real bread and butter and took a different approach.

I opened a new Renko chart to sit alongside of the 2 minute and a couple of longer term chart (for levels). What I found is that I am not entering trades where I should not be. I'm staying in trades longer (as long as I obey what is right in front of me). Staying in a trade that a time based chart would tell me that I better exit.

For instance, on your last trade that you did (which of course was stellar), my Renko chart would have kept me in for another 180 ticks beyond when your TP was hit.

FYI, this is using the micro NQ.

This tweak is giving me the fortitude to trade what I see and not what I think. Strictly mechanical. It's a color game.

The Renko boxes are 40 ticks with 14 ticks of absorption.

Like you said "It's taken the stress out of the trade".

Traders like you have been instrumental in providing building blocks for my own trading.

Enjoy the heat down there. It's warmed up from -8deg. to +7 deg. "It's a tropical heat wave up here"! Time to do a Wim Hof and go roll around in the snow in my boxers.

Yes..weather has been very nice here in Florida the last month or so. That renko chart you are using sounds very good. Glad to see you still plugging away.

Failure is not an option
Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
redbarntrades
Kalispell=Mt./USA

Thanks Lance,

I've tried Renko time and time again. Always some issue. In the end, it's my own lack that has hindered its usage. But, try try again. Finally something clicked. The box is big enough and the absorption is big enough to take my mind off of the fluctuations. Still using those and the "50" levels in conjunction.

At the end of the day, I lock a gold dash horizontal line at the current POC. Of course it carries forward and I do not remove them. Then use the Region Highlight Y and box out the from approximately 15:00-17:00 EST. This gives me a closing range. Then the following day, I look to see if price is trading in that range, below or above it.

I love the POC lines.

Yep, my wife and I are glad to have entered back into the trading world. We wanted something like this to keep us occupied way into old age. I was in the market back in 1999-2000 and she was a few years later. We both fired back up again four and half years ago. We both are on the same page and very much enjoy what we are doing. No tug of war in this house. God be praised!!!

It's a real blessing to sit and watch trading videos like Lancelottrader, Mark Douglas, Tom Hougaard, Dante and etc. and enjoy something together.

Glad your back!

Off to chop some firewood and throw the horses and the deer some hay.

joe s 
sacramento ca us

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja Trader,Trade Station
Trading: es
Thanks Given: 133
Thanks Received: 105

Thanks Lance

Thanked by:
redbarntrades
Kalispell=Mt./USA

lancelottrader View Post

Lance,

Are you using Tick Strike for your entry? I assume you are not using it during a trade as you are making your trades binary.

Thanks!

Last Updated on April 11, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts