NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Jigsaw Trading, Daytradr and Journalytix, www.jigsawtrading.com

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Jigsaw Trading with 48 posts (75 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 36 posts (91 thanks)
    3. looks_3 paps with 14 posts (13 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Blash with 10 posts (21 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Xav1029 with 6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Kairos with 5.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 2.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Jigsaw Trading with 1.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 227,070 views
    2. thumb_up 472 thanks given
    3. group 132 followers
    1. forum 340 posts
    2. attach_file 11 attachments

Search this Thread

Jigsaw Trading, Daytradr and Journalytix, www.jigsawtrading.com

nojobmaui 
Auckland New Zealand

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NINJATRADER
Broker: AMP CQG
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 4

Purchased the tools a week or so ago, really excellent addition to tape reading! I am impressed by Pete's praise for other traders and their teachings, and his encouragment to seek them out. A solid company IMO

His rendition of Happy Birthday is in beta.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
 dom64 
London, UK

Experience: Master
Platform: sierra chart, Jigsaw Trading, Bookmap
Trading: 6E futures, Cable

Same here. Bought the tools several weeks ago. I wonder now how I could watch the Dom and Tape without it quite frankly. Great tools, probably the best money I have spent, on ten same level as futures.io (formerly BMT) membership!

Peter also happens to be a very commendable guy, and has answered very promptly all of the hundreds of questions I have sent him.

Highly recommended indeed.

lrfsdad 
milwaukee,wi, usa

Platform: Mobile TWS & mobile TOS. Dough.com
Broker: IB, TOS, FXCM
Trading: futures and options. looking into forex
Thanks Given: 302
Thanks Received: 161

Read thru the whole thread, and am glad to hear positive feedback. Just wondering if those of you using this tool feel it is still valuable in the overnight session? I find that most of my trading is done between 530-730am CST. finding it hard to decide when to let a trade run, or just take a few ticks. Mainly trading CL, GC and 6e at this time of day.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 dom64 
London, UK

Experience: Master
Platform: sierra chart, Jigsaw Trading, Bookmap
Trading: 6E futures, Cable

lrfsdad View Post
Read thru the whole thread, and am glad to hear positive feedback. Just wondering if those of you using this tool feel it is still valuable in the overnight session? I find that most of my trading is done between 530-730am CST. finding it hard to decide when to let a trade run, or just take a few ticks. Mainly trading CL, GC and 6e at this time of day.

This is a time I trade as we're on a different time zone, and yes it is just as good during those hours than at any other time. I try the 6E mainly as well as other contracts, and while I am not yet good to the point where I can enter/exit only with the Dom/Tape, I can tell you that if anything, it helps me A LOT to know when to exit, let run etc..

Rather than take anyone's word for it, you could trial the tools and see for yourself if it helps. I find it does a lot, but everyone is different and it takes some practice and screentime too.

All the best.

Cloudy 
desert CA

Platform: NT7, various
Broker: various, TDA
Trading: NQ,ES
Thanks Given: 2,396
Thanks Received: 1,748

Jigsaw's Peter Davies did some recent nice "Intro to Order Flow" videos which are now freely viewable on TopStepTrader's youtube site.

Also linked to them here:

Cloudy 
desert CA

Platform: NT7, various
Broker: various, TDA
Trading: NQ,ES
Thanks Given: 2,396
Thanks Received: 1,748

I got an email announcement from jigsaw. They have a new version 4.0 of their tools.
Part of the email and video link:

"Hi All

We are happy to announce that Version 4.0 of the Jigsaw Tools has now been released. The feedback from people in the industry as well as the beta testers has been fantastic.

There's quite a few new readability enhancements and of course, you can now trade directly from the Depth & Sales screen. Here is a short video showing the changes:

Jigsaw Tools V4.0 - YouTube (best viewed full screen in HD mode)

For existing customers, you can download the new version from your members.jigsawtrading.com page. If you don't have a login, then let us know and we'll create one.

You can install V4.0 alongside your old V3.0 version of Jigsaw Tools. The new indicators all start with the name "JT_V4" and you will need to replace the "JT_V3" versions on your existing workspaces. The JT_V4_DepthSales indicator allows SIM Trading.
"

Thanked by:

greenroomhoo 
annapolis USA

Platform: Ninja, MC, Sierra, Amibroker
Broker: PFG (too bad), IB, Fidelity, AMP
Trading: ES, NQ, Equities, Forex, Etc.
Thanks Given: 107
Thanks Received: 235

i am an existing user and i can tell you that the changes Pete made are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!!!!!!!!

His tools are the sole reason i continue on the Ninja platform. The new DOM is just incredible.

My trading is like my avatar: Big, Hairy, and Full of S$&T.
Thanked by:

BeachTrader 
Phoenix AZ

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: AMP / CQG
Trading: CL, ES, NQ
Thanks Given: 153
Thanks Received: 432

Really like the Jigsaw DOM. But for some reason I was not aware that they will be charging a monthly fee to continue using the DOM for live trading until I got the email about it yesterday. So I am disappointed with that announcement although Jigsaw has every right to make money obviously.

Jack22 
Washington DC

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader7
Thanks Given: 108
Thanks Received: 84

BeachTrader View Post
Really like the Jigsaw DOM. But for some reason I was not aware that they will be charging a monthly fee to continue using the DOM for live trading until I got the email about it yesterday. So I am disappointed with that announcement although Jigsaw has every right to make money obviously.

So much for all his "original" reasons for starting his company and selling his indicators....he truly is a typically vendor.

futuretrader 
Como Italy

Platform: Ninjatrader, customized
Thanks Given: 471
Thanks Received: 643

Jack22 View Post
So much for all his "original" reasons for starting his company and selling his indicators....he truly is a typically vendor.

"Typical vendor" is usually used by traders to refer to people who sell products of little or no value, and of questionable originality, at inflated prices.

Jigsaw has come up with some novel ideas and executed them well. Lots or people see it as a great tool and a great value, and other people (including myself) have created DOMs and other tools that use concepts developed by Jigsaw.

That seems like a company that has made a strongly positive contribution to the trading community. We'd be fortunate if it were typical.

Apart from that, I really don't understand the prejudice against vendors. It's not as if trading is an altruistic activity, where we are sacrificing ourselves for the good of society.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on June 9, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts