NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Jigsaw Trading, Daytradr and Journalytix, www.jigsawtrading.com

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Jigsaw Trading with 48 posts (75 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 36 posts (91 thanks)
    3. looks_3 paps with 14 posts (13 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Blash with 10 posts (21 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Xav1029 with 6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Kairos with 5.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 2.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Jigsaw Trading with 1.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 229,300 views
    2. thumb_up 472 thanks given
    3. group 132 followers
    1. forum 340 posts
    2. attach_file 11 attachments

Search this Thread

Jigsaw Trading, Daytradr and Journalytix, www.jigsawtrading.com

paps 
SF Bay Area + CA/US

Experience: None
Platform: TS, TOS, Ninja(Analytics)
Trading: NQ CL, ES when volatile mrkts
Thanks Given: 2,176
Thanks Received: 1,726

lazy sunday...trying to play with data and 1st attempt at Ninja's market replay which is sweet.

Had some of the OF tools up and JS also.

Data played back 8-23-2015 approx 22.14 pst. JS caught the quick upturn shown here...though few points. All OF tools are great so is JS with the heatmap and DOM.
Jigsaw is a great OF tool....however expectations are high

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
32 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
26 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks

Neo1 
Christchurch, New Zealand

Experience: Beginner
Platform: SC
Broker: IB, BC, Dx Feed
Trading: US Equities
Thanks Given: 471
Thanks Received: 531

paps View Post
lazy sunday...trying to play with data and 1st attempt at Ninja's market replay which is sweet.

Had some of the OF tools up and JS also.

Data played back 8-23-2015 approx 22.14 pst. JS caught the quick upturn shown here...though few points. All OF tools are great so is JS with the heatmap and DOM.
Jigsaw is a great OF tool....however expectations are high

JS & BM, you are keen! All you're missing now is Jtools!

It's interesting seeing what other people look at when following orderflow. It's often very different to what I'm looking for.

"Free markets work because they allow people to be lucky, thanks to aggressive trial and error, not by giving rewards or incentives for skill. The strategy is, then, to tinker as much as possible and try to collect as many Black Swan opportunities as you can"
Thanked by:

paps 
SF Bay Area + CA/US

Neo1 View Post
JS & BM, you are keen! All you're missing now is Jtools!

It's interesting seeing what other people look at when following orderflow. It's often very different to what I'm looking for.

lol....this is not for trading. This is to refine certain entry.exit if at all.

I dont really share any of the stuff i trade off.

Thats all in the charts.....any OF event is plotted there. However the above tools Jigsaw / BM/AD are great and can also catch significant OF events.

paps 
SF Bay Area + CA/US

Btw have you played with jtools. Nanex feed cannot be compared to the feeds and stuff we talk of here.

Jtools their free tools for the feed ofcouse is great.

That will come too...in course of time. Not now. May not need jtools the feed itself is okay once on that level with custom development.

also its not just about speeds and feed or great tools. Ofcourse with some feeds like nanex you can do more.
But at the sametime if you see hftalerts stuff which uses nanex. I think i have quite similar stuff....with a platform such as tradestation catching exact events

Neo1 

paps View Post
lol....this is not for trading. This is to refine certain entry.exit if at all.

I dont really share any of the stuff i trade off.

Thats all in the charts.....any OF event is plotted there. However the above tools Jigsaw / BM/AD are great and can also catch significant OF events.

Haha fair enough, either do I.

I can't agree with the premise that "it's all in the charts", it sounds like the talk of some disillusioned chartist, which I'm sure isn't you!... If you're following the order book, then you're getting a glimpse of information that isn't already on the chart, might be hidden on the chart, or might not ever show up on the chart, however, could still have had some potential influence on where the market traded.

"Free markets work because they allow people to be lucky, thanks to aggressive trial and error, not by giving rewards or incentives for skill. The strategy is, then, to tinker as much as possible and try to collect as many Black Swan opportunities as you can"
Thanked by:

paps 
SF Bay Area + CA/US

Neo1 View Post
Haha fair enough, either do I.

I can't agree with the premise that "it's all in the charts", it sounds like the talk of some disillusioned chartist, which I'm sure isn't you!... If you're following the order book, then you're getting a glimpse of information that isn't already on the chart, might be hidden on the chart, or might not ever show up on the chart, however, could still have had some potential influence on where the market traded.

Hi everything of the DOM is eventually plotted on a chart. anyways will not go against you. but as these tools are refined and other capabilities added.....i think astute traders can take advantage of the same to integrate into their trades. also not everything is of the DOM......lol....truth is multidimensional. you cannot capture the entire market of the DOM....unless reading tape to a fair degree via various exchanges. again possible of tradestation.

anyways for this conversation...i think JS and some of the tools i mentioned.....are continuously being improved. If i miss something on a chart...which is shown in these tools....i want to have it. so you are correct in some sorts

as a trader....i dont think...one should be concerned how many tools...how many feeds one uses. as much of this is also analytic or research. If profitable and on the correct side....none of the above matters is what i think.

Thanked by:

Neo1 

paps View Post
Btw have you played with jtools. Nanex feed cannot be compared to the feeds and stuff we talk of here.

Jtools their free tools for the feed ofcouse is great.

That will come too...in course of time. Not now. May not need jtools the feed itself is okay once on that level with custom development.

also its not just about speeds and feed or great tools. Ofcourse with some feeds like nanex you can do more.
But at the sametime if you see hftalerts stuff which uses nanex. I think i have quite similar stuff....with a platform such as tradestation catching exact events

Not personally, I've seen it in use, though. That's where I first came across the heatmap.

I'm not sure if I would ever really utilize a Nanax solution.

Neo1 

paps View Post
Hi everything of the DOM is eventually plotted on a chart. anyways will not go against you. but as these tools are refined and other capabilities added.....i think astute traders can take advantage of the same to integrate into their trades. also not everything is of the DOM......lol....truth is multidimensional. you cannot capture the entire market of the DOM....unless reading tape to a fair degree via various exchanges. again possible of tradestation.

anyways for this conversation...i think JS and some of the tools i mentioned.....are continuously being improved. If i miss something on a chart...which is shown in these tools....i want to have it. so you are correct in some sorts

as a trader....i dont think...one should be concerned how many tools...how many feeds one uses. as much of this is also analytic or research. If profitable and on the correct side....none of the above matters is what i think.

At the end of the day you want to keep things as simple as possible, therefore, use the least amount of tools as possible. I guess the same is true even for an algorithmic solution, where you want to limit the degrees of freedom.

I think everyone has their own delusional belief about the market and use tools or certain events to rationalize it. My opinion is that if what you believe works for you, then so be it.

IMO orderflow tools like Jigsaw help in providing certain traders with an edge, or at least make them privy to information that influences their trade decisions- it can paint a picture of the nuances that make you profitable. The heatmap/ Auction Vista is like a hack for people with limited experience of how to trade from the orderbook, where instead of having to remember how the book reacted at certain levels, you now have a record of it with visible reference points.

Thanked by:

paps 
SF Bay Area + CA/US

Lol..let's keep this to jigsaw and my last post on this

I think jigsaw is good..has good intent. I don't use it to take trades. I use for analysis.

However if some benefit from it... I will only support it.
For me personally though I don't take trades of jigsaw... I see no harm for people who use it. It's their choice and whatever suits them. Some use MP..some OF..etc etcc. I think there is no right ..or wrong. Atleast I won't comment.

Anyways cheers and good trading

Thanked by:

Kaimu 
Madrid - Spain

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninja
Trading: ES,NQ
Thanks Given: 883
Thanks Received: 346

Hi,

I launch again the question, because more posts were added and i want to know if it's possible with the jigsaw dom to have the last volume traded at bid/ask. I don't want the accumulated volume, only the last volume traded. I know that jigsaw have snapshot trades, but my interest is only to have the best bid/best ask with the last volume traded. I don't know if it exist on jigsaw on there is a way to do it in the configuration.

Thank's

Last Updated on June 9, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts