NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Jigsaw Trading, Daytradr and Journalytix, www.jigsawtrading.com

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Jigsaw Trading with 48 posts (75 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 36 posts (91 thanks)
    3. looks_3 paps with 14 posts (13 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Blash with 10 posts (21 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Xav1029 with 6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Kairos with 5.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 2.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Jigsaw Trading with 1.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 227,222 views
    2. thumb_up 472 thanks given
    3. group 132 followers
    1. forum 340 posts
    2. attach_file 11 attachments

Search this Thread

Jigsaw Trading, Daytradr and Journalytix, www.jigsawtrading.com

Fonz 
Miami, Fl

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Tradestation, Jigsaw
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 24
Thanks Received: 64

Hi Traders,

I posted the following there "futures io > Trading Community > Trading Reviews and Vendors > Brokers >"
As I received a message from Big Mike, suggesting that I could try to post here, then voila!

What is the best combo Broker+Data for Jigsaw?
I can think of stability, seriousness, low fees, low day trading margin requirement, good customer service, no frozen data during wild markets, no unexpected higher margin because of market behavior, etc.

Perhaps you are especially happy with the combo that you use? If it is the case, could you tell us why and elaborate?
I need to change and I was thinking of Tradovate with data feed included if I understood it right or GFF + Advantage + CDG or Rithmic (sounds complicated).
I trade between 500 and 1000 contracts per month. (YM and ZB)

Thank you all

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

cdnftrstdr   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 86
Thanks Received: 178

Fonz View Post
Hi Traders,

I posted the following there "futures io > Trading Community > Trading Reviews and Vendors > Brokers >"
As I received a message from Big Mike, suggesting that I could try to post here, then voila!

I can think of stability, seriousness, low fees, low day trading margin requirement, good customer service, no frozen data during wild markets, no unexpected higher margin because of market behavior, etc.

Perhaps you are especially happy with the combo that you use? If it is the case, could you tell us why and elaborate?
I need to change and I was thinking of Tradovate with data feed included if I understood it right or GFF + Advantage + CDG or Rithmic (sounds complicated).

Thank you all

I have both a Tradovate account and NinjaTrade Brokerage. Both have been completely fine, I also use Jigsaw, and actually trade ZB as well (as UB, CL, NQ). No issues on either. I prefer NinjaTrade brokerage (via Phillips Capital), mainly because the margin requirements are a bit lower, as well with NT brokerage you'll be using Ninja Trader as your connection, you don't have to connect a rithmic or cqg seperately for Jigsaw. So basically NT connects to CQG, Jigsaw pulls its info from NT. As well if for any reason Jigsaw had an issue, you can pop over to NT and manage your trade easily. As well with NT Brokerage you can lease or buy the software, and get reduced commissions depending. Kind of like Tradovate has their various commission plans. Just note with the Free NT version (so if you have a NT Brokerage account you get a free license), you can't connect Jigsaw directly with that, you have to go with the lease or buy outright, or pay an additional $10/month I think it is for a separate CQG connection.

Hope that helps!

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Fonz 
Miami, Fl

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Tradestation, Jigsaw
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 24
Thanks Received: 64

lexknight View Post
I have both a Tradovate account and NinjaTrade Brokerage. Both have been completely fine, I also use Jigsaw, and actually trade ZB as well (as UB, CL, NQ). No issues on either. I prefer NinjaTrade brokerage (via Phillips Capital), mainly because the margin requirements are a bit lower, as well with NT brokerage you'll be using Ninja Trader as your connection, you don't have to connect a rithmic or cqg seperately for Jigsaw. So basically NT connects to CQG, Jigsaw pulls its info from NT. As well if for any reason Jigsaw had an issue, you can pop over to NT and manage your trade easily. As well with NT Brokerage you can lease or buy the software, and get reduced commissions depending. Kind of like Tradovate has their various commission plans. Just note with the Free NT version (so if you have a NT Brokerage account you get a free license), you can't connect Jigsaw directly with that, you have to go with the lease or buy outright, or pay an additional $10/month I think it is for a separate CQG connection.

Hope that helps!

It does help!
Thank you for sharing your experience.
Best

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Jigsaw Trading  Jigsaw Trading is an official Site Sponsor

Thanks Given: 831
Thanks Received: 10,393

SawDr View Post
Bump - I'm also curious about the Axia training. The price includes one year of trading a live account which saves you the $50/month for a year - if the training is solid it looks like a good deal.

I can't review it but I can tell you who it's for as - according to our Marketing company - the pricing is backwards.

The less you know, the more you pay.

Basically - I dont advise starting from scratch -

- The Independent version is for people that have the basics and want to improve or those that want to dip their toes in the water. It's funny refundable within 14 days. It has 10 hours of order flow education which is solid.
- The Professional is the same with more education - but it's education you dip into for years. It's not a cram it & do it thing. You focus on the next area you want to improve - like trade management, do it - then after a few months watch the vids again and see what you missed. You can upgrade to it from Independent and it's about $50 if you do that way
- The institutional is the above plus the Axia course - which is market state and 19 setups fitting those states.

The latter is more expensive, it does include a year live - which you can cash in when ready - but it is more geared towards someone looking to start over as it's not geared around improving what you have. it all comes down to how much of what you have that you'd like to keep.

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io " Ask Me Anything" thread
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Zonescalper View Post
There are zero videos with actual live trades on it! For me Jigsaw was a waist of money!

There's plenty of those on the blog if you look.

But the education is education - explaining the markets. It's about getting you to understand what's going on and it does that pretty well.

So the blog supplements the education.

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io " Ask Me Anything" thread

cdnftrstdr View Post
The training material you get with Jigsaw is much more about the functionality of the software and setting it up. It's not meant to teach people order flow trading.

I'd recommend look on youtube at both John Grady's content - he does have paid courses, but to start you can learn a lot from the free videos and webinars he's been a part of over the years. He uses Jigsaw exclusively. I was impressed with him, and did pay for the beginner course off his site, and I would say was worth while also for the price. Isn't revolutionary and going to give you all the keys to the kingdom, but worthwhile.

As well you can look up Jigsaw/Peter Davies on YouTube and see a bunch of their videos as well to get a good taste.

That's an odd comment - because there is almost nothing in the training material on setup. The manual has all that.

The training material takes you step by step through Order Flow - it's 10 hours and very comprehensive. I would love to hear about omissions but based on your comment, I wonder if you ended up at the wrong place.

Johns stuff is also solid - he's a great guy.

None of this is revolutionary, really though - but different people will gel with different educators - which is why we support a range - some of whom we partner with and others like John, that we just like because he's a good guy.

Thanked by:

Fonz View Post
Hi Traders,

Thank you all

We try to be broker agnostic as much as possible.

The brokers themselves - are really giving you support but they don't generally have their own tech. When you get a broker feed like CQG, Rithmic or GAIN - you see data feed and trade execution. On the broker side is risk management and a bunch of other stuff.

So for the broker - what you want to know is this:
- If the sh1t hits the fan - are 1000 people going to be calling 1 support guy to get them out of their trades?
- Is there any service they can provide you with that will make a tangible difference in your trading?
- Why should you use them?

But all people generally ask is "how cheap is it?" forcing a race to the bottom that helps no-one long term.

So broker is one thing, then back end tech is where the stability, data freezes come in and the simple answer to which never glitches out is "none".

Every now and again a feed will have trouble for a few weeks. You can switch when this happens but it'll happen whoever you have. There's a lot of tech in the stack after all.

Thanked by:

cdnftrstdr   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 86
Thanks Received: 178

Jigsaw Trading View Post
That's an odd comment - because there is almost nothing in the training material on setup. The manual has all that.

The training material takes you step by step through Order Flow - it's 10 hours and very comprehensive. I would love to hear about omissions but based on your comment, I wonder if you ended up at the wrong place.

Hi Peter,

Actually I agree with you now. Back when I wrote that I believe I was looking just at the initial set up videos etc. and not even realizing there was the 10 hours of training content. I've watch all 10+ hours of training though since and it is fantastic and fully agree it is all about order flow and actually terrific value.

Not sure if I can edit my original comment but if I can I'll add the above to it. 100% a Jigsaw fan, use it daily and love it. You commented on my purple/green setup on the Topstep facebook group, that's me.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

cdnftrstdr View Post
Hi Peter,

Actually I agree with you now. Back when I wrote that I believe I was looking just at the initial set up videos etc. and not even realizing there was the 10 hours of training content. I've watch all 10+ hours of training though since and it is fantastic and fully agree it is all about order flow and actually terrific value.

Not sure if I can edit my original comment but if I can I'll add the above to it. 100% a Jigsaw fan, use it daily and love it. You commented on my purple/green setup on the Topstep facebook group, that's me.

No need to edit the comment at all - it's all good - I am just glad you found it!

I had nightmares of you reading the manual, thinking it was education!

brettji 
phoenix, az

Experience: None
Platform: NT8 TOS
Broker: Ninja - TOS
Trading: ES and stuff
Thanks Given: 148
Thanks Received: 201

Not sure where to post this, but thank you jigsaw and NT8.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on June 9, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts