NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Jigsaw Trading, Daytradr and Journalytix, www.jigsawtrading.com

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Jigsaw Trading with 48 posts (75 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 36 posts (91 thanks)
    3. looks_3 paps with 14 posts (13 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Blash with 10 posts (21 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Xav1029 with 6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Kairos with 5.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 2.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Jigsaw Trading with 1.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 226,975 views
    2. thumb_up 472 thanks given
    3. group 132 followers
    1. forum 340 posts
    2. attach_file 11 attachments

Search this Thread

Jigsaw Trading, Daytradr and Journalytix, www.jigsawtrading.com

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,172
Thanks Received: 101,530

Trader1034 View Post
I have an i9 chip with 18 cores. 128gb DDR4 Ram. A 1T Samsung Evo Pro SSD that has the fasted read/write speed on the market. The Internet is 1G both up and down and is dedicated to this computer only. There's another Internet for everything else in the house. And it's all liquid cooled. There are two liquid cooling systems. One solely dedicated to just the i9 chip. The video cards are liquid cooled.

Nice system.

Please clarify:

a) do you have any other accounts on FIO, current or past, including previously banned accounts?
b) do you have any relationship with or are affiliated whatsoever with any vendor (past or current)?

Thanks,
Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
65 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
42 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
25 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
23 thanks
The Program
19 thanks
Trader1034
New York

Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 76

Big Mike View Post
Nice system.

Please clarify:

a) do you have any other accounts on FIO, current or past, including previously banned accounts?
b) do you have any relationship with or are affiliated whatsoever with any vendor (past or current)?

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks! I'm not a vendor. I don't sell anything. No courses or indicators or anything like that. I don't get a cent from those that do. I'm just a trader. I was classified as pro before due to my FINRA licenses. I am now considered non-pro and retail. But to your question, no I don't sell anything or am affiliated with any vendor. I actually like Jigsaw and have already purchased their software. I also have TT's platform. I'm just making a customer request. I've requested this as have others to Peter directly and in webinars for some time and it has gone unanswered. I figured the next logical place to request would be a public forum. TT doesn't pay me a cent. Jigsaw doesn't pay me a cent nor does anyone else. I'm just a retail trader. I've also never been banned from Futures IO in the past for any reason. I keep my requests respectful. If the vendor cares to make a change, great. If not, I've tried and there's really not much more I can do. I don't bash the vendor or anything like that. They either listen to their customers and care about their customer needs and requests or they don't. Beyond that, there's not much I can do.

asyx 
not important

Experience: None
Platform: not important
Trading: not important
Thanks Given: 406
Thanks Received: 142

Trader1034 View Post

And no this isn't just about the leaderboard. I have no confidence trading Jigsaw when the markets move fast. I've had to restart Jigsaw on numerous occasions. This isn't a bridge to NinjaTrader connection. Direct data feed. I've never had to do that with X_Trader. There is absolutely stability issues with Jigsaw. When markets start moving, I switch and trade only on TT. I don't have confidence based on past experience that Jigsaw can hold up to fast markets. If you can fix that stability issue, that would be great.

Thank you

I am with Jigsaw for several year. I like their ideas. But "execution" so far is poor in many instances.
Sorry to say that. But critical functionality has to work, like Stop losses, showing right quantity etc....

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Jigsaw Trading  Jigsaw Trading is an official Site Sponsor

Thanks Given: 831
Thanks Received: 10,393

asyx View Post
I am with Jigsaw for several year. I like their ideas. But "execution" so far is poor in many instances.
Sorry to say that. But critical functionality has to work, like Stop losses, showing right quantity etc....

Thanks for the reply.

I totally agree - everything should be 100% accurate, although without seeing a specific report, it's hard to know the cause of any issues.

As I said - we are 100% neutral on cause - you have to be or you won't find issues. One issue we had recently was an order that came 'out of nowhere' - the eventual cause was the risk management system doing a margin close on a position that didn't exist.

We are however, looking at an issue on the new Tradovate API where one user appears to have skipped a fill - got the logs today, devs will investigate in the AM.

For any other issues - PM me or Skype me on JigsawTrading.

Cheers

Pete

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io " Ask Me Anything" thread
Thanked by:

phantomtrader 
Reno, Nevada
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ZN, ZB, CL
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 217
Thanks Received: 984

Jigsaw Trading View Post
Thanks for the reply.

I totally agree - everything should be 100% accurate, although without seeing a specific report, it's hard to know the cause of any issues.

As I said - we are 100% neutral on cause - you have to be or you won't find issues. One issue we had recently was an order that came 'out of nowhere' - the eventual cause was the risk management system doing a margin close on a position that didn't exist.

We are however, looking at an issue on the new Tradovate API where one user appears to have skipped a fill - got the logs today, devs will investigate in the AM.

For any other issues - PM me or Skype me on JigsawTrading.

Cheers

Pete

Interesting. So why haven't you answered this post?

MichaelFlowTrader
Atlanta

Thanks Given: 43
Thanks Received: 120

I can't really complain too much about jigsaw. It has a few flaws, but i havent had anything critically go wrong when trading. I have been thinking about going over to TT, CQG or T3 just because those are more professional platforms that are highly robust. For my form of scalping, I don't really need to see all the 'prints' but I still suggest Jigsaw to most ppl I come across. The team typically answers all questions and tries to help you with any problems you have.

Thanked by:
 asyx 
not important

Jigsaw Trading View Post
Thanks for the reply.

As I said - we are 100% neutral on cause - you have to be or you won't find issues.

Pete

But why you/your stuff put in your Ticket systems issues on solve even if they are not...and not for month.

My wife is a software ingeneur and I also had a lot of things to do with software and its implementation while I was employed with a company.

What is annoying me is the mindset of the whole software industry: That you simply have to get out a new batch/version and "everything is ok" - at least for the sw-company....

I only mean: when ever I had to deliver something at work, it had to be correct at least at the critical points. I could not deliver a correction after many month or ignore it.

You have to know, I am a quite guy. But when this are not going like they should for a prolonged time, I have the urge to open my mouth.

I do not blame you personally. But some thing have to be improved withing your company.

Thanked by:
 asyx 
not important

@Jigsaw Trading

Please donīt get me wrong.

I think regarding the feel of the movements on your DOM and what else it provided, DayTradre is the best.
The only issue I see is using it as execution platfrom.

Thanked by:

asyx View Post
But why you/your stuff put in your Ticket systems issues on solve even if they are not...and not for month.

My wife is a software ingeneur and I also had a lot of things to do with software and its implementation while I was employed with a company.

What is annoying me is the mindset of the whole software industry: That you simply have to get out a new batch/version and "everything is ok" - at least for the sw-company....

I only mean: when ever I had to deliver something at work, it had to be correct at least at the critical points. I could not deliver a correction after many month or ignore it.

You have to know, I am a quite guy. But when this are not going like they should for a prolonged time, I have the urge to open my mouth.

I do not blame you personally. But some thing have to be improved withing your company.

All software companies have issue lists. There is no software company with a list of zero items. You generally rate things on how many issues per k/loc (1000 lines of code). So dev stage you'd target 16 per k/loc, beta a different amount, live a different amount. No company has 0 issues per k/loc.

Some items will be fixed immediately. Some will be scheduled. Some will never be resolved - usually because it's rare and low impact.

Dave will close an issue on the ticketing system if something goes into the dev queue and he'll explain that it's gone into the dev queue. That seems to be the confusion here and I will work with Dave on that.

I do understand your viewpoint - in some industries there is zero tolerance for error. Like a heart surgeon. The software industry works with "tolerances" - it is considered impossible to have completely bug free software, it's too complex. What is therefore considered is to have it working within tolerance - the k/loc measures and criticality of bugs.

Best thing to do if you are waiting on something that's gone into the queue is email me directly and I'll get it escalated if it's become a nuisance. Squeaky wheel & all that! PM me the details or email me directly

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io " Ask Me Anything" thread

asyx View Post
@Jigsaw Trading

Please donīt get me wrong.

I think regarding the feel of the movements on your DOM and what else it provided, DayTradre is the best.
The only issue I see is using it as execution platfrom.

It's all cool. It's all part of running a business. Sometimes you take your eye off the ball & people escalate things publicly.

That can only be my fault 'cause the buck stops here. So like I say - let's get your issue escalated

Thanked by:

Last Updated on June 9, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts