NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Jigsaw Trading, Daytradr and Journalytix, www.jigsawtrading.com

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Jigsaw Trading with 48 posts (75 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 36 posts (91 thanks)
    3. looks_3 paps with 14 posts (13 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Blash with 10 posts (21 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Xav1029 with 6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Kairos with 5.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 2.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Jigsaw Trading with 1.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 227,222 views
    2. thumb_up 472 thanks given
    3. group 132 followers
    1. forum 340 posts
    2. attach_file 11 attachments

Search this Thread

Jigsaw Trading, Daytradr and Journalytix, www.jigsawtrading.com

Blash 
Chicago, IL
Legendary Market Chamois

Experience: None
Platform: NT8,NT7,TWS
Broker: InteractiveBrokers, S5T, IQFeed
Trading: The one I'm creating in the present....Index Futures mini/micro, ZF
Thanks Given: 7,341
Thanks Received: 4,518

ignacio90 View Post
Hi,

I launch again the question, because more posts were added and i want to know if it's possible with the jigsaw dom to have the last volume traded at bid/ask. I don't want the accumulated volume, only the last volume traded. I know that jigsaw have snapshot trades, but my interest is only to have the best bid/best ask with the last volume traded. I don't know if it exist on jigsaw on there is a way to do it in the configuration.

Thank's

For sure the built in NinjaTrader super DOM just has what you are looking for, the last trade vol. Also the Rtape or regular time and sales gives you the last traded vol. On ES this last traded vol changes so rapidly it's extremely hard to make use or sense of it thats why adding it up, accumulating it, at each price has such a benefit, at least during RTH.

Ron

...My calamity is My providence, outwardly it is fire and vengeance, but inwardly it is light and mercy...
The steed of this Valley is pain; and if there be no pain this journey will never end.
Buy Low And Sell High (read left to right or right to left....lol)
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM

Kaimu 
Madrid - Spain

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninja
Trading: ES,NQ
Thanks Given: 883
Thanks Received: 346

Blash View Post
For sure the built in NinjaTrader super DOM just has what you are looking for, the last trade vol. Also the Rtape or regular time and sales gives you the last traded vol. On ES this last traded vol changes so rapidly it's extremely hard to make use or sense of it thats why adding it up, accumulating it, at each price has such a benefit, at least during RTH.

Ron

Hi Ron,

Thank's for your input. I have the jigsaw dom and want to know if it's possible to configure the dom in the way i want or not. I try it to do it but i wasn't able to do it. I have 9g and i have this option, but i compared with other dom and the info that i receive from 9g seems to be incomplete.
I wil ask in the 9g thread becasue maybe is somenthing that i configure incorrectly

BTW i don't know if i can get this with the jigsaw dom. About the use, can be useful when you are looking only that, no more parameters, looking what is taken and what is added. The eyes and mind can capture this with practice and can be used in the trading with

Thanked by:

Blash 
Chicago, IL
Legendary Market Chamois

Platform: NT8,NT7,TWS
Broker: InteractiveBrokers, S5T, IQFeed
Trading: The one I'm creating in the present....Index Futures mini/micro, ZF
Thanks Given: 7,341
Thanks Received: 4,518

ignacio90 View Post
Hi Ron,

Thank's for your input. I have the jigsaw dom and want to know if it's possible to configure the dom in the way i want or not. I try it to do it but i wasn't able to do it. I have 9g and i have this option, but i compared with other dom and the info that i receive from 9g seems to be incomplete.

I wil ask in the 9g thread becasue maybe is somenthing that i configure incorrectly

BTW i don't know if i can get this with the jigsaw dom. About the use, can be useful when you are looking only that, no more parameters, looking what is taken and what is added.

The eyes and mind can capture this with practice and can be used in the trading with

Only issue with the eyes catching the info is that the platform and the screen can only show some of the info during RTH due to the swiftness of the action so whatever you see is not the complete story. We are taking about milliseconds between trades, a single second divided into hundreds and hundreds of trades at different points during RTH and being so, indiscernible.

Ron

...My calamity is My providence, outwardly it is fire and vengeance, but inwardly it is light and mercy...
The steed of this Valley is pain; and if there be no pain this journey will never end.
Buy Low And Sell High (read left to right or right to left....lol)
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

matthew28 
United Kingdom

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Bookmap
Broker: Stage 5, Rithmic
Trading: US Equity Index Futures
Thanks Given: 3,500
Thanks Received: 2,532

@ignacio90
I think on the Jigsaw DOM you could reduce the circled current trades option down from 2.5 seconds to 0 or 1 millisecond so as soon as price moves up or down it resets. If I have understood you correctly.

Thanked by:

Kaimu 
Madrid - Spain

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninja
Trading: ES,NQ
Thanks Given: 883
Thanks Received: 346

matthew28 View Post
@ignacio90
I think on the Jigsaw DOM you could reduce the circled current trades option down from 2.5 seconds to 0 or 1 millisecond so as soon as price moves up or down it resets. If I have understood you correctly.

Hi @matthew28
Thank's. Seems that maybe this is what i need. I will try it and i will let you know.
Regards

Thanked by:

Psy24X 
Milano, Italy, EU

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja + Jigsaw
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 130
Thanks Received: 25

Coming back after Easter I found my Jigsaw DOM missing one level. I mean: it will only show 19 levels instead of 20, alternatively scraping one level on the bid or on the ask, apparently with no particular method. This happens on both my PCs, located in different places and totally different internet connections.

However, Jigsaw DOM works fine in replay. So I would guess this might depend on the interaction between Jigsaw and my data feed (Continuum).

Anyone else experiencing my same problem?

paps 
SF Bay Area + CA/US

Platform: TS, TOS, Ninja(Analytics)
Trading: NQ CL, ES when volatile mrkts
Thanks Given: 2,176
Thanks Received: 1,726

Psy24X View Post

Coming back after Easter I found my Jigsaw DOM missing one level. I mean: it will only show 19 levels instead of 20, alternatively scraping one level on the bid or on the ask, apparently with no particular method. This happens on both my PCs, located in different places and totally different internet connections.

However, Jigsaw DOM works fine in replay. So I would guess this might depend on the interaction between Jigsaw and my data feed (Continuum).

Anyone else experiencing my same problem?

not sure.... will keep any eye out. however the magic happens within the 1st 10 levels of depth. most of the trading mechanisms/agents adjust/re-adjust within the 1st 10 is what i understand...and that is what should move price up and down.

Thanked by:

Psy24X 
Milano, Italy, EU

paps View Post
not sure.... will keep any eye out. however the magic happens within the 1st 10 levels of depth. most of the trading mechanisms/agents adjust/re-adjust within the 1st 10 is what i understand...and that is what should move price up and down.

Paps, I'm probably not getting your point, I'm afraid. What I'm trying to say is that, since a few days, Jigsaw doesn't show all the levels, as in this screenshot where I compare Ninja Level II and Jigsaw:

as you can see, Jigsaw shows only 9 levels on the bid, whereas Ninja correctly shows also the 10th level (2055.00 with 736 contracts).

paps 
SF Bay Area + CA/US

Platform: TS, TOS, Ninja(Analytics)
Trading: NQ CL, ES when volatile mrkts
Thanks Given: 2,176
Thanks Received: 1,726

chk if this helps..by configuring in settings

Thanked by:

Psy24X 
Milano, Italy, EU

paps View Post
chk if this helps..by configuring in settings

Thank you Paps, I already tried different numbers>10 for those settings to no avail.
I will try after Globex opening to do the opposite, setting only 9 lavels, to see if at least I can have the same number of levels on both sides of the dom. It would be a temporary workaround.

Last Updated on June 9, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts