NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Jigsaw Trading, Daytradr and Journalytix, www.jigsawtrading.com

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Jigsaw Trading with 48 posts (75 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 36 posts (91 thanks)
    3. looks_3 paps with 14 posts (13 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Blash with 10 posts (21 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Xav1029 with 6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Kairos with 5.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 2.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Jigsaw Trading with 1.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 227,222 views
    2. thumb_up 472 thanks given
    3. group 132 followers
    1. forum 340 posts
    2. attach_file 11 attachments

Search this Thread

Jigsaw Trading, Daytradr and Journalytix, www.jigsawtrading.com

mpxtreme
New York

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 45

Trader1034 View Post
Actually if it was real trades, you would have a serous benchmark to compare your trades to. In that sense, it would be useful. With Jigsaw not splitting fake trades from real trades, you can't take that benchmark seriously.

They advertise it as the entire package. Execution. Journal. If that's the case, part of what you're paying for should be to compare your live trades to others grinding it out.

Am I profitable? Yes. Do I make a living off of trading? Yes I don't have another job and pay my bills from this. It would be nice to compare how I do to others that are trading live as well.

That's not only my opinion. Other traders I've talked to feel the same. Some may not care about comparing live trades to what other live traders are doing but a lot of traders do care about that. What they don't want is to compare to some guy trading Monopoly money. It's technically an easy add in for Jigsaw to implement if they wanted. It's been a requested feature for a long time but Peter seems hesitant to implement that. Maybe seeing traders "making" $500k would provide incentive for potential customers? IDK.

I understand where you're coming from,maybe it's just me ...but most traders I know with edge don't want the attention.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
60 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
43 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks
 tr8d3r 
Sydney+Australia

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader + daytradr
Trading: futures
Thanks Given: 82
Thanks Received: 112

Trader1034 View Post
Actually if it was real trades, you would have a serous benchmark to compare your trades to. In that sense, it would be useful. With Jigsaw not splitting fake trades from real trades, you can't take that benchmark seriously.

They advertise it as the entire package. Execution. Journal. If that's the case, part of what you're paying for should be to compare your live trades to others grinding it out.

Am I profitable? Yes. Do I make a living off of trading? Yes I don't have another job and pay my bills from this. It would be nice to compare how I do to others that are trading live as well.

That's not only my opinion. Other traders I've talked to feel the same. Some may not care about comparing live trades to what other live traders are doing but a lot of traders do care about that. What they don't want is to compare to some guy trading Monopoly money. It's technically an easy add in for Jigsaw to implement if they wanted. It's been a requested feature for a long time but Peter seems hesitant to implement that. Maybe seeing traders "making" $500k would provide incentive for potential customers? IDK.

Hey @Trader1034, Let me through few cents here. I understand where you are coming from. How about we are going to look from the another angle. What you referring to is the Retail trader. I believe Peter @Jigsaw Trading already mentioned somewhere in this forum that the platform is used by Prop Shops and he explain somewhere that account set DEMO. What solution are you proposing here if PPL in a Prop Shop are using this tool? I don't believe they have individual account like retail traders. In my example, i trade with Earn2Trade, I don't have my personal account set up and this is appearing as a DEMO in journalitix. All other accounts like online prop shops are listed as a demo as well.
So I am not sure what you are suggesting is going to work. It is just a tool and it is your choice how you can slice and dice it. I am sure you can find someone with a retail account and follow that user and extract his/her trades and set it as a bench mark. But then again you will miss traders who trades Online Prop shops or regular Prop Shops.

Thanked by:
Trader1034
New York

Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 76

mpxtreme View Post
I understand where you're coming from,maybe it's just me ...but most traders I know with edge don't want the attention.

You have a username. There's no attention because no one knows who you are. It's just a made up username that people know you by.

MichaelFlowTrader
Atlanta

Thanks Given: 43
Thanks Received: 120

TT is one of my favorite platforms, but it doesn't blow Jigsaw out the water. I emphatically disagree with you. TT has one of the best DOMs, but it is missing many features that make Jigsaw a great choice. When it comes to charting, TT is also behind and has limited options. If TT had the basics of Jigsaw it would be my go to platform (I don't need fancy charts.) Who really offers the best of all world's but doesn't quite keep up in the trade management aspect of DOM execution is Sierra Charts. They offer everything, a jack of all trades, a master of none. We are stuck without a single 'does everything perfectly platform.' About your primary gripe, I don't care about a leaderboard and I doubt most ppl do. Talk to Peter directly before badmouthing his company, maybe? Pete's a good guy, he would likely listen.

My own request!
Hey Pete, can we please have a tick history within depth & sales like T4 and SC offer? It would mean never needing to load a chart for some of us who scalp. SC has better options for this than T4, but you get the idea?

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Thanked by:
Trader1034
New York

tr8d3r View Post
Hey @Trader1034, Let me through few cents here. I understand where you are coming from. How about we are going to look from the another angle. What you referring to is the Retail trader. I believe Peter @Jigsaw Trading already mentioned somewhere in this forum that the platform is used by Prop Shops and he explain somewhere that account set DEMO. What solution are you proposing here if PPL in a Prop Shop are using this tool? I don't believe they have individual account like retail traders. In my example, i trade with Earn2Trade, I don't have my personal account set up and this is appearing as a DEMO in journalitix. All other accounts like online prop shops are listed as a demo as well.
So I am not sure what you are suggesting is going to work. It is just a tool and it is your choice how you can slice and dice it. I am sure you can find someone with a retail account and follow that user and extract his/her trades and set it as a bench mark. But then again you will miss traders who trades Online Prop shops or regular Prop Shops.

Peter has the option of adding "live only" so people can filter out trades that are retail. I tried and passed TopStep to see what it was about. I posted my trades on the leader board and they actually showed up as "live" not "demo". As far as TST goes, it doesn't say demo for the funded trades. When I was in the combine, the trades were called "combine". When I got funded, they called them "live".

If it was a true prop shop, Peter can always call the trades "prop live" vs. "demo". Demo and Sim basically mean the same thing. That's one option and is less misleading.

Retail trader is a funny word. People associate that with a trader that doesn't make money. Retail trader is anyone that trades for their own account. That includes traders that make money. Someone could have traded for a big bank and left to trade at home. That person although before was considered pro is now retail. That doesn't mean that person doesn't make money trading.

Anyway, the request is to simply have a filter button at minimum. Filter only live trades. And if there are prop shops to call those trades prop live and have a filter for those. Again, when I tried and got funded for TopStep, my trades showed up as "live" not "demo".

Trader1034
New York

MichaelFlowTrader View Post
TT is one of my favorite platforms, but it doesn't blow Jigsaw out the water. I emphatically disagree with you. TT has one of the best DOMs, but it is missing many features that make Jigsaw a great choice. When it comes to charting, TT is also behind and has limited options. If TT had the basics of Jigsaw it would be my go to platform (I don't need fancy charts.) Who really offers the best of all world's but doesn't quite keep up in the trade management aspect of DOM execution is Sierra Charts. They offer everything, a jack of all trades, a master of none. We are stuck without a single 'does everything perfectly platform.' About your primary gripe, I don't care about a leaderboard and I doubt most ppl do. Talk to Peter directly before badmouthing his company, maybe? Pete's a good guy, he would likely listen.

My own request!
Hey Pete, can we please have a tick history within depth & sales like T4 and SC offer? It would mean never needing to load a chart for some of us who scalp. SC has better options for this than T4, but you get the idea? Attachment 274133

This request has been made to Peter already. Anyway, I've seen Jigsaw stall on very fast markets. This isn't the bridge to NinjaTrader version. This was a CQG direct connection. It stalled and I had to restart. X_Trader has never blinked an eye in the fastest of markets. I don't use charts so I don't use any TT charts and wouldn't be the best to comment on them. I'm simply looking at the DOM and stability.

Thanked by:
MichaelFlowTrader
Atlanta

Trader1034 View Post
This request has been made to Peter already. Anyway, I've seen Jigsaw stall on very fast markets. This isn't the bridge to NinjaTrader version. This was a CQG direct connection. It stalled and I had to restart. X_Trader has never blinked an eye in the fastest of markets. I don't use charts so I don't use any TT charts and wouldn't be the best to comment on them. I'm simply looking at the DOM and stability.

I love TT. The problem is that on thicker markets it is hard to let go of Jigsaw's information advantage.

MichaelFlowTrader
Atlanta

Trader1034 View Post
Peter has the option of adding "live only" so people can filter out trades that are retail. I tried and passed TopStep to see what it was about. I posted my trades on the leader board and they actually showed up as "live" not "demo". As far as TST goes, it doesn't say demo for the funded trades. When I was in the combine, the trades were called "combine". When I got funded, they called them "live".

If it was a true prop shop, Peter can always call the trades "prop live" vs. "demo". Demo and Sim basically mean the same thing. That's one option and is less misleading.

Retail trader is a funny word. People associate that with a trader that doesn't make money. Retail trader is anyone that trades for their own account. That includes traders that make money. Someone could have traded for a big bank and left to trade at home. That person although before was considered pro is now retail. That doesn't mean that person doesn't make money trading.

Anyway, the request is to simply have a filter button at minimum. Filter only live trades. And if there are prop shops to call those trades prop live and have a filter for those. Again, when I tried and got funded for TopStep, my trades showed up as "live" not "demo".

Not all home traders are retail traders. Some have exchange seats, some get billed as professionals for data, and so on. But I get what you are saying.

Blash 
Chicago, IL
Legendary Market Chamois

Experience: None
Platform: NT8,NT7,TWS
Broker: InteractiveBrokers, S5T, IQFeed
Trading: The one I'm creating in the present....Index Futures mini/micro, ZF
Thanks Given: 7,341
Thanks Received: 4,518

Honestly, I couldn't care less about what any Leaderboard says. Please why do you care so much?

I can only control what I do.... It only matters what I do, what my PnL does. If someone does well, I'm happy for them and that's it.

If someone is on sim so what, it means nothing to the market.

My friend all that matters is you ....focus on you and only you.

Ron

Trader1034 View Post
Since Big Mike closed the thread "Jigsaw Journalytix is BAD, Jigsaw is a joke.", I'll post the same thread here. He said he's closing it so he doesn't split topics. We also know that Jigsaw pays Futures IO. IDK. Anyway, here's the same post since Mike wants it in this thread.

Jigsaw Journalytix is BAD. Jigsaw is a joke.
I'll start by saying that Jigsaw itself is a good tool. What's bad is Journalytix. Specifically, the "leader board".

Here's the problem. You have a bunch of people trading on SIM or DEMO that don't take it seriously. They're always the top dogs on the leader board. These guys would never trade the same way with real money.

IF Peter Davies was serious, he would create two leader boards. One with only SIM trading and another with only LIVE trading. It's technically easy for him to do that. Then maybe people would take the leader board seriously.

I mean seriously. If I wanted to be top dog, sure I can martingale my way to number one. Get in a trade and keep adding until I have no choice but to make money on the trade.

Look at today. Here's the"top 3" on the leader board: https://gyazo.com/00d2abcc1466cbba2724cc74bad6be21

Look at #1: https://gyazo.com/32c2966dfe35c7d461386d52768ffd90

It's a demo account. Does anyone seriously think he made $600,000 in June and $400,000 in August? Of course not. It's easy when it's Monopoly money.

How about #2: https://gyazo.com/ce1b01e3438bf0d62be453d2f17b2ae6

Again, demo. If it was real money, he wouldn't have a $400,000 draw down in the month.

My point is people look at this as a joke. Peter has the technical ability to have two leader boards. One for only live trading and one for this fake trading. Obviously, people would take the live trading leader board seriously. When I click on the individual names, over 90% of these guys are trading demo. There's a reason no one takes it seriously.

If Jigsaw wants a serious and "professional" platform, they need to take this seriously. At this point, people look at Jigsaw as a joke. I mean seriously. The guys in #1 and #2 are making $500k or losing that amount on demo. Really?

I don't know why Peter won't make the adjustment. He can even have a feature to filter out only live trading and you see who really does well. Then people will really look at Jigsaw as a serious platform.

Supposedly, they're a "competitor to Trading Technologies X_Trader. There's no competition. X_Trader blows them away. Maybe if they took every aspect of their business seriously and catered to serious traders, people would view this different.

This isn't my view only. I talk to a lot of traders and hear the same thing across the board.

It's a simple fix. Fix that and people will respect Jigsaw. Making a guy #1 because he can trade 1,000 ES contracts on DEMO is a joke. Seriously. We want to see real live trades. We want to see how real traders with real money are doing. No one cares about some guy trading Monopoly money. We all have that ability to trade that way. We want to see who actually does well with REAL money. Peter I hope you read this and actually implement a change.

...My calamity is My providence, outwardly it is fire and vengeance, but inwardly it is light and mercy...
The steed of this Valley is pain; and if there be no pain this journey will never end.
Buy Low And Sell High (read left to right or right to left....lol)
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

matthew28 
United Kingdom

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Bookmap
Broker: Stage 5, Rithmic
Trading: US Equity Index Futures
Thanks Given: 3,500
Thanks Received: 2,532

Trader1034 View Post
Since Big Mike closed the thread "Jigsaw Journalytix is BAD, Jigsaw is a joke.", I'll post the same thread here. He said he's closing it so he doesn't split topics. We also know that Jigsaw pays Futures IO.

He constantly closes duplicate threads, it is an advantage of the site that information about companies or products is easy to find due to it all being in only one or two threads.
I am sure Futures.io does collect revenue from advertisers, and I have seen Jigsaw adverts on the site, but then find me a commercial website that does not have adverts. (But as is stated on the Elite Members page he doesn't take money for Elite Member referrals on the product discounts).
I presume that advertising revenue also helps allow Mike to continue having access to the site for non members who haven't paid anything, such as yourself as you appear to not be a Elite Member, rather than making it completely Member only.

You do not win as a trader, you just get to play again the next day. If that game doesn’t appeal to you then you should not trade. Gary Norden
Thanked by:

Last Updated on June 9, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts