NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Jigsaw Trading, Daytradr and Journalytix, www.jigsawtrading.com

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Jigsaw Trading with 48 posts (75 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 36 posts (91 thanks)
    3. looks_3 paps with 14 posts (13 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Blash with 10 posts (21 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Xav1029 with 6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Kairos with 5.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 2.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Jigsaw Trading with 1.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 227,070 views
    2. thumb_up 472 thanks given
    3. group 132 followers
    1. forum 340 posts
    2. attach_file 11 attachments

Search this Thread

Jigsaw Trading, Daytradr and Journalytix, www.jigsawtrading.com

matthew28 
United Kingdom

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Bookmap
Broker: Stage 5, Rithmic
Trading: US Equity Index Futures
Thanks Given: 3,500
Thanks Received: 2,532

@SoftSoap
Agree with the above. Watch John Grady's first webinar for this forum
He is a jigsaw user and you will see why watching the Ninja DOM will be unproductive. And then John did a second webinar last night which should be uploaded today or tomorrow.

The Jigsaw product is very good and they do a lot of continued development on it.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

SoftSoap 
Canada

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: InteractiveBrokers
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 347
Thanks Received: 1,227

Thank you @NGtraderand @matthew28. Nice to hear some reassurance.

Does anyone know if there is a free trial available? I'm pretty set on buying this but I'm the kind of guy who likes to test drive things first to feel comfortable.

I found something a trial eminitrader JigSaw Trading Free Demo Request - Eminis Trader

But I didn't see that on the main jigsaw trading website and I'm a bit hesitant to give out my information to an unknown site.

Yesterday's excellence is today's standard and tomorrow's mediocrity
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 NGtrader 
Burnaby, BC Canada

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: Ironbeam, Kinetick
Trading: ES, CL, RTY
Thanks Given: 758
Thanks Received: 201

SoftSoap View Post
Thank you @NGtraderand @matthew28. Nice to hear some reassurance.

Does anyone know if there is a free trial available? I'm pretty set on buying this but I'm the kind of guy who likes to test drive things first to feel comfortable.

I found something a trial eminitrader JigSaw Trading Free Demo Request - Eminis Trader

But I didn't see that on the main jigsaw trading website and I'm a bit hesitant to give out my information to an unknown site.

You're welcome Softsoap.

Actually when you buy it from the official Jigsaw Trading website you can use it for 14 days and if you aren't happy you can request a refund:

Buy Now

Buy the software, get the course, join the community. If you want a refund within the first 14 days, send us an email and we will give a refund.

This is what happened with a friend of mine, she does not have reliable internet where she lives so she could not make full use of the tool and she asked for a refund and got it.

I know 14 days isn't a lot of time.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

paps 
SF Bay Area + CA/US

Experience: None
Platform: TS, TOS, Ninja(Analytics)
Trading: NQ CL, ES when volatile mrkts
Thanks Given: 2,176
Thanks Received: 1,726

If its Order Flow one needs to watch. Jigsaw is one of the finest tools out there.

however typically order flow or the sense of it when seen on the DOM is intimidating if looking at it 1st time.....unless already good with the concepts and have watched DOMs in the past.

hence per mho if someone just does 14days....may not really get a sense of the tool. And if not savvy with OF...will be just numbers flashing on the DOM. Like everything takes time to learn n digest..so does tools.

i can vouch for amazing support ....its been yyyyears since i got this. However Pete recently spent more than an hour or two on some stuff i was facing with no expectation for any future business.

cheers n goodluck

NGtrader View Post
You're welcome Softsoap.

Actually when you buy it from the official Jigsaw Trading website you can use it for 14 days and if you aren't happy you can request a refund:

Buy Now

Buy the software, get the course, join the community. If you want a refund within the first 14 days, send us an email and we will give a refund.

This is what happened with a friend of mine, she does not have reliable internet where she lives so she could not make full use of the tool and she asked for a refund and got it.

I know 14 days isn't a lot of time.

Thanked by:

Jigsaw Trading  Jigsaw Trading is an official Site Sponsor

Thanks Given: 831
Thanks Received: 10,393

Good points on the 14 days.

IMO - there's only 1 way to go in those 14 days & that's with the "new to Jigsaw Tools" video...

It's what we send to all new customers and gives you a structured way to spend the first 14 days.

Drills, 1-2 times a day, 60-90 mins a time. Or more if you have a brain the size of a planet.

The point is that of course you can't become an expert in order flow in 14 days but you can get enough out of the trial to see if that's the direction you want to go in.

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io " Ask Me Anything" thread

trendisyourfriend 
Quebec Canada
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 4,171
Thanks Received: 6,018

paps View Post
If its Order Flow one needs to watch. Jigsaw is one of the finest tools out there.

however typically order flow or the sense of it when seen on the DOM is intimidating if looking at it 1st time.....unless already good with the concepts and have watched DOMs in the past.

hence per mho if someone just does 14days....may not really get a sense of the tool. And if not savvy with OF...will be just numbers flashing on the DOM. Like everything takes time to learn n digest..so does tools.

i can vouch for amazing support ....its been yyyyears since i got this. However Pete recently spent more than an hour or two on some stuff i was facing with no expectation for any future business.

cheers n goodluck

I have not looked at the video but your tool should help you answer simple questions like price is testing the prior day high at 2186.25 do i fade or wait for a break and take the PB for more continuation? Price makes an impulsive move up and retraces to the VWAP or VPOC do i take the PB at this level? Price chops around the 1 min. opening range and value is overlaping this area with a slight bias down, what do i do... wait for more info or take a trade at the open after an impulsive move to the downside etc etc etc.

Thanked by:

paps 
SF Bay Area + CA/US

Experience: None
Platform: TS, TOS, Ninja(Analytics)
Trading: NQ CL, ES when volatile mrkts
Thanks Given: 2,176
Thanks Received: 1,726

trendisyourfriend View Post
I have not looked at the video but your tool should help you answer simple questions like price is testing the prior day high at 2186.25 do i fade or wait for a break and take the PB for more continuation? Price makes an impulsive move up and retraces to the VWAP or VPOC do i take the PB at this level? Price chops around the 1 min. opening range and value is overlaping this area with a slight bias down, what do i do... wait for more info or take a trade at the open after an impulsive move to the downside etc etc etc.

What you say is valid. I think the tool does that if one can understand the tool.

Thanked by:
 NGtrader 
Burnaby, BC Canada

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: Ironbeam, Kinetick
Trading: ES, CL, RTY
Thanks Given: 758
Thanks Received: 201

Softsoap when I bought Jigsaw in May I made the commitment to myself that I would really put in the effort to learn it. I'm usually one to get something, use it half-heartedly then jump to something else. I'm trying to change that pattern.

Even if you pick up one thing from it ie. absorption and learning how to spot an iceberg order it will help your trading within a short time.

Check out the PATS thread where I have been posting my SIM trades and I include markups in the DOM to explain why I entered or exited:

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

SoftSoap 
Canada

Broker: InteractiveBrokers
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 347
Thanks Received: 1,227

Thanks everyone for the advice, you guys have been extremely helpful.
I'm going to make my purchase on Monday so I get the most out of that 14 day period.

I have 2 questions that are data-related that I didn't see on the FAQ:
Is the data from IB good enough? or do I need to get non-filtered data?
My understanding is you need additional data to run the DOM properly, my current subcriptions on IB data are:
  • CME (GLOBEX) Level II Non-Professional
  • US Securities and Futures Value Bundle

Will I be able to use all the jigsaw products properly or do I need to subscribe to a new set of data?

I trade the NQ by the way.

PS- I started watching some of the videos and wow I can honestly say I am very impressed. I'm a visual learner so I love video formats. I got a lot to watch this weekend!

Yesterday's excellence is today's standard and tomorrow's mediocrity
 Pedropete 
United Kingdom

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TS, IB, Ninja, Sierra
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 7

SoftSoap View Post
Thanks everyone for the advice, you guys have been extremely helpful.
I'm going to make my purchase on Monday so I get the most out of that 14 day period.

I have 2 questions that are data-related that I didn't see on the FAQ:
Is the data from IB good enough? or do I need to get non-filtered data?
My understanding is you need additional data to run the DOM properly, my current subcriptions on IB data are:
  • CME (GLOBEX) Level II Non-Professional
  • US Securities and Futures Value Bundle

Will I be able to use all the jigsaw products properly or do I need to subscribe to a new set of data?

I trade the NQ by the way.

PS- I started watching some of the videos and wow I can honestly say I am very impressed. I'm a visual learner so I love video formats. I got a lot to watch this weekend!

Unfortunately IB data is definitely not good enough. Which of course is a pain, and means additional expense - I subscribe to IQ feed which then powers Ninja, which I have only started using so I could install Jigsaw (you can use IQF on the free Ninja : Ninja will try to direct you towards Kinetik which is fine, but you do have the option...)
Pete Davies/Jigsaw will shortly be releasing a stand alone edition which cuts out the need for running Ninja. But you will still have to pay for a quality data feed.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on June 9, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts