NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

WWW.EFUTUREVISION.COM 'Elegant & High Win %--for selective/technical traders...review

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one researcher247 with 14 posts (55 thanks)
    2. looks_two grose with 5 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 rassi with 2 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 David_R with 1 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one cory with 4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two researcher247 with 3.9 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 NGtrader with 3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 mgtrader with 2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 27,773 views
    2. thumb_up 67 thanks given
    3. group 25 followers
    1. forum 34 posts
    2. attach_file 6 attachments

Search this Thread

WWW.EFUTUREVISION.COM 'Elegant & High Win %--for selective/technical traders...review

researcher247 
Chicago, IL

Experience: Advanced
Thanks Given: 289
Thanks Received: 773

Boring yet profitable...

Yes, I look for everything to line up correctly. I am patient in consolidation and if I miss a move I miss a move.

I also look at higher timeframes on the minute charts for perspective on what type of day it is.

It is not perfect; but the stops are tight and when in a trend the winners are alot larger than the losers.

For intraday trading I look for

a) solid reward:risk ratio
b) good times to make my trades and then be 'done' with that market. For example, crude oil just after 9am est and usually 1 to 2 trades and done.
c) repeatibility or looking for the same types of setups over and over AND making sure my reward (1st target) is at least or better than my initial stop. If it is not I pass on the trade. Why take a trade that does not at least have a 1:1 or more reward to risk when you KNOW there will be many more trade setups later in the session if you are patient enough to wait for them.

Finally, I will say I have watched all of his videos at least 5X's now (about 20 hours of viewing time); repetition and application of his concepts for ME is vital. He does talk slow (but cleary) in the videos and his concepts are clearly layed out on his videos.

Cheers!

Hedvig

Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
33 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
11 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
11 thanks
 researcher247 
Chicago, IL

I wrote:

"I also look at higher timeframes on the minute charts for perspective on what type of day it is."

So for example today, I like to trade NQ alot; I am basically ONLY taking shorts whenever I am watching NQ (present time is 3:15pm est).

Done for the day, but {of course this is basic trading 101} I was shorting NQ and Crude whenever in front of the markets; as I do pay attention to 30 and 60 minute charts as well as higher volume timeframes intraday.

Anyways--I have begun trading 12 hour charts in forex based on the 2 major setups that efuturevision teaches; I guess I could look at daily too--but I like 12 hour charts since forex is a 24 hour market.

I actually use 8 hour forex charts with a few indicators from the elite downloads for forex (but I have a partner that helps with that). Good stuff & good people here at bigmikes.

My favorite trading forum.

grose 
Philadelphia, PA, USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT, AmiBroker
Trading: 6E
Thanks Given: 9
Thanks Received: 6

Hi researcher247,

I've seen the webinar and plotted the 9 and the 30. They very often do nicely frame price action. I like the common-sense approach he uses. You mentioned he shares the setup - I would like to try it before I buy it as you say - he has the 3x, which is the Fast Stoch on the 3x higher timeframe (or 3x the settings of the same but on the current chart, I would imagine) and then regular stoch on the current time frame. There's also the Keltner (opposite side of trade is target I believe). Is that how you setup your charts? If so, what do you like to use for the 3x Stoch and Keltner settings? I will likely join for the detailed training. (Please only share this information if you know it is OK. I can lmost see it on the charts in the video, and Rick talks openly abou the setups in his webinar, but he may not in fact share those settings - don't know).

Regards,

Gordon

researcher247 View Post
I wrote:

"I also look at higher timeframes on the minute charts for perspective on what type of day it is."

So for example today, I like to trade NQ alot; I am basically ONLY taking shorts whenever I am watching NQ (present time is 3:15pm est).

Done for the day, but {of course this is basic trading 101} I was shorting NQ and Crude whenever in front of the markets; as I do pay attention to 30 and 60 minute charts as well as higher volume timeframes intraday.

Anyways--I have begun trading 12 hour charts in forex based on the 2 major setups that efuturevision teaches; I guess I could look at daily too--but I like 12 hour charts since forex is a 24 hour market.

I actually use 8 hour forex charts with a few indicators from the elite downloads for forex (but I have a partner that helps with that). Good stuff & good people here at bigmikes.

My favorite trading forum.

researcher247 
Chicago, IL

Hi,

The settings on the Keltner are 'tighter' than the default; that I can write here.

'Zondor' stated this earlier in the thread--"The nX indicators look like extended time frame indicators. For example the 3x stochastic uses data points that go back 3x as far as those of the normal ("1x") stochastic."

It is like this on all of my charts; so it is like having a stochastics on current timeframe in 1 chart--with another stochastics 3X's higher time frame as well--1 expressed as an oscillator and the other expressed as either positive or negative 'dots'--like a strength meter.

So, when I see 2-3 timeframes with ALL the same stuff lining up--that is my preference. High probability stuff (not perfect) with a better than 1:1 reward to risk initial trade parameters. He has aggressive and conservative parameters for both of his main setups of R930 and OKC trades. Finally, you can use MACD (he has a 40 minute+ bonus video) instead of stochastics to trade his method. And yet another interesting video for markets that extend beyond 100% of their 'globex' range.

Perhaps you could email the vendor directly and ask a few questions. Although a simple method I filter for the highest probability setups and use a positive reward:risk expectancy and trade 3 different instruments (at different times) to add diversity.

I like to do alot of extra analysis (candles/trendlines/chart patterns/fib) OUTSIDE of the method when I have no setups to keep busy and 'into' the market--though I do NOT trade the extra analysis.

If you can keep your powder dry until the best setups appear and then take them without hesitation this is consistent. Finally, my last tidbit is to concentrate on trading with the higher trends (wait for them all to line up) and make sure you have a projected better than 1:1 reward to risk ratio.

I do use fibonacci retracements (1.27 and 1.618) from a previous swing high to swing low and vice versa after entry for targets; rather than necessarily using the opposite Keltner channel. I write this because many traders use fibonacci as a leading indicator for 'targets.'

Another trader using R930 has hard stops for his trades and hard targets 'fixed' beforehand and stops trading after 3 full wins in a session, etc...

The OKC (outside the Keltner Channel) technique he uses is a 'breakout' momentum trade--when I get one of these trades and a pullback for a dual R930--I get my favorite setup of his--a dual setup.

Email him your questions, I am sure he will give you a fair answer.

peace

Hedvig

Thanked by:
 researcher247 
Chicago, IL

Grose,

Futuresvision has a facebook page I just found out about. Some charts and tutorials on there if you want to look.

eFutureVision | Facebook

peace

Hedvig

Thanked by:
 grose 
Philadelphia, PA, USA

Hi Hedvig,

Thank you. I did email Rick, and he was kind enough to share the Keltner settings. The exact Stoch settings are reserved for members. Certainly fair enough.

I really like your posts. Your comments about patience and confidence that a trade setup that meets your criteria will come along are excellent and very good trading habits at least as far as my experience shows.

I did look at the blog and the wolfe wave trade. I am going to go back and look at more of the blog entries. Thanks for your comments.

Regards,

Gordon

researcher247 
Chicago, IL

G,

I look at it this way; whenever you have (if you do) the URGE to put in an order that doesn't fit your 'trading plan' that you have written out beforehand--simply get up and walk away from the computer for a few minutes.

I have a teeter inversion table; when the urge is strong (and not a 'rule-based' setup)--I go hang on the teeter and get some blood flow to my head. Stupid little 'pattern interrupts' work for me.

The correct setups don't happen right after the other (usually). I work more on my patience and 'non-emotional' relaxed chart watching way more than the entries currently. Trade management is something I like being active in though--so before and during a trade I enjoy calculating reward to risk parameters and looking for 'logical' exits based on fib and S/R.

peace

Hedvig

Thanked by:
 grose 
Philadelphia, PA, USA

Hi Hedvig,

I suspect that the teeter inversion table and your willingness to use it are the primary reasons behind your success. Nice job, and than you for sharing your experiences and thoughts. I'm sure I'll be back.

Regards,

Gordon

rassi 
the congo

Platform: North sea oil rig
Trading: Cl
Thanks Given: 1,563
Thanks Received: 1,199

Its the slow line from the 7.3.3 stoch and the 21.10.4 stoch from the same time frame. more info can be found at daCharts e-mini index futures chat community and charts where Rick learned this system from buffy.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

redratsal 
Milan (I)

Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: Kinetick
Trading: FDAX,6E,CL,YM,NQ,ES
Thanks Given: 1,215
Thanks Received: 2,090

rassi View Post
Its the slow line from the 7.3.3 stoch and the 21.10.4 stoch from the same time frame. more info can be found at daCharts e-mini index futures chat community and charts where Rick learned this system from buffy.

Since you mentioned her Buffy "Best on Paltalk, echat, anywhere on the net", I think you should also mention Jimmer and it's 2x trading method. BTW Jimmer is referred in the about section of the OP link.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Last Updated on December 5, 2017

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts