NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Unofficial NinjaTrader 8 wish list thread (NT8)!

Discussion in NinjaTrader

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one NinjaTrader with 96 posts (106 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 81 posts (78 thanks)
    3. looks_3 OpalDragon with 35 posts (12 thanks)
    4. looks_4 AdvancedIndicators with 29 posts (26 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Fat Tails with 5.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two NinjaTrader with 1.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 AdvancedIndicators with 0.9 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 381,446 views
    2. thumb_up 692 thanks given
    3. group 221 followers
    1. forum 1,036 posts
    2. attach_file 63 attachments

Search this Thread

Unofficial NinjaTrader 8 wish list thread (NT8)!

madLyfe 
Des Moines, Iowa

Experience: None
Platform: Ninja, TOS
Broker: AMP/CQG, TOS
Trading: CL, TF, GC
Thanks Given: 9,220
Thanks Received: 1,020

wldman View Post
that GD simple. Support that answers the friggin telephone. Effing amazing a company gets away with e-mail support only....since e-mail is so clear and effective....and timely. (edited) Hookers have better customer service than NT

Moderator Notice
Moderator Notice

uhhh just yesterday i had an issue and they actually called me.. answer my emails really fast and get quick responses from the forum..

dont believe anything you hear and only half of what you see

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
PowerLanguage & EasyLanguage. How to get the platfor …
EasyLanguage Programming
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
30 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
28 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
16 thanks

wldman 
Chicago Illinois USA
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Broker: IB, ToS
Trading: /ES, US Equities/Options
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Hours
Thanks Given: 2,047
Thanks Received: 9,513

Exactly the point!

See, e-mail, or the typed word makes it almost impossible to interpret "tone". I typed that tounge in cheek to illustrate the weakness of the medium. You have to interpret and make a judgemet based on very limited information. I mean you don't know anything about me or my personality, or the issue with NT, so how could you know. Easy, you rely on the best judgement that you can make based on the information available or your own characteristics and attributes given your accumulated knowledge (experience).

Even though I responded to you the instant that I saw your message, over twelve hours have passed...that underlines the second point concerning the time efficiency of the vendors service methods.

Given the frequency (black swan-ish) of my need for NT support, their bad service model doesn't matter that much. The tounge in cheek nature was consistent with the same thought or emotional process that led you to post the hysterical pancake video (contained more explicit vulgar language btw). My first thought upon seeing that was that dude cooking pancakes might be futures.io (formerly BMT) member forrestang...so when Forrest started posting the photos, I was rolling on the floor.

Your response Mike was not..Hey Wildman, I am experienced with NT, what is the frustration with them? But I can't judge you by that. I have to consider the body of work and overall contribution, right? Thank you BM for the great forum board and all the hours of work and creative contribution that you have made. IRONIC that the NT issue is with an indicator set that YOU posted in the library. I was sort of disrespectful to NT because I think they deserve it. Since you still had about 70 PM's in your box, I thought the LAST thing I should do is trouble BM with a question that NT can and should handle.

Since I know NT support watches these forums, my secondary motive was to create another avenue for them to supply the input that I need to fix my issue. I would not, I don't think, have been noticed through a more benign approach.

Anyway, I have to build the backyard ice rink today so time is fleeting. Mike when I travel near you, I'd very much like to go to dinner or at least drop off a case of your favorite beverage. I appreciate you and the forum a great deal.

Dan

wldman 
Chicago Illinois USA
Legendary Market Wizard

you edited out the word describing hookers from my post, but posted a video in which the subject uses that word and others over ten times?

I do not disagree with the edit, in fact I support it as such implied language is a slippry slope and has no value here. So, I apologize for that error in judgement to use a phonetic spelling for a bad word in a public forum in which I am a guest. I will try very hard to not do that again. I would like to remain active here at futures.io (formerly BMT).

blurobot
montreal

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 1

the number 1 thing nt should do is change the account and performance stats engine to take the values from the brokers and not their internal trades. with some bugs and sometime on the road i trade often with mobile tws and im sure im not the only one but this makes the stats engine (which would otherwise be great) useless.

I need to use a second program for my stats (or program a site myself with IB token)

Thanked by:

wldman 
Chicago Illinois USA
Legendary Market Wizard

guy Adam was spot on, friendly, professional and timely in helping me with my platform charting issue. Credit to NT and credit to Adam, for being the best.

Wildman

wldman 
Chicago Illinois USA
Legendary Market Wizard

wldman View Post
guy Adam was spot on, friendly, professional and timely in helping me with my platform charting issue. Credit to NT and credit to Adam, for being the best.

Wildman

to NT management staff for monitoring customers needs here in futures.io (formerly BMT). Great platform, great people. Thanks guys.

Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,215
Thanks Received: 101,600

There is a difference between calling someone names who are members of the forum, and posting a funny Youtube video in the off-topic section.

Let's close the subject. This thread is about "Unofficial NT8 wish list" so lets get back on-topic please.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

wldman 
Chicago Illinois USA
Legendary Market Wizard

Just wondering if we are talking about the same post, but last word to you. Topic over as requested.

AdvancedIndicators 
Winnipeg, MB, Canada

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 29

Backtesting: Performance score should be calculated and shown under Summary tab - right now, it's only shown for optimization in results. That'd be very handy for checking parameters' sensitivity, etc.

Started this thread Reply With Quote

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Experience: None
Platform: shoes
Trading: happy

The ability to assign several indicators as a "group" as opposed to a "template".

For example, I think in Tradestation I had a set a 4 moving averages with types, colors, and sizes already assigned, that were locked as a single group and could be turned on and off of any template by a single selection.

Last Updated on December 24, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts