NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

JPJ Trading Review Market Profile (www.jpjtrading.com)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Ben16JP2 with 8 posts (9 thanks)
    2. looks_two Trafford with 7 posts (20 thanks)
    3. looks_3 TI Anon with 6 posts (7 thanks)
    4. looks_4 jodistrict with 6 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one soumi71 with 5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Aragorn with 4.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 daza with 4.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Trafford with 2.9 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 85,859 views
    2. thumb_up 188 thanks given
    3. group 59 followers
    1. forum 148 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments

Search this Thread

JPJ Trading Review Market Profile (www.jpjtrading.com)

xylem
LONDON UK

Thanks Given: 20
Thanks Received: 13

So are you profitable?

I understand trading is tough and I also believe 50% of educators dont do a good job.
If his students are for the large part profitable then I would put JPJ in the good educator section.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks

fminus 
Washington DC

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TT
Broker: Dorman
Trading: US Treasuries
Thanks Given: 156
Thanks Received: 299

xylem View Post
So are you profitable?

I understand trading is tough and I also believe 50% of educators dont do a good job.
If his students are for the large part profitable then I would put JPJ in the good educator section.

profitable today? yes. profitable every day, no. positive profit factor, yes. do i mirror JP trades? no (but I take them into consideration).

Quoting 

What you're looking for isn't realistic. There's a wide array of experience levels that come through the room or any room for that matter. Let's just make a simple analogy, if you were learning golf and you somehow got some golf pro to teach you, and let's say in your class there are 10 students, if the majority didn't make pro is the golf instructor a bad teacher? Perhaps, but your job isn't to be a clone, your job is to exact nuggets of experience and wisdom so you can better your own game.

You seem to be putting an emphasis of the hopes and dreams on the back of someone else to carry you to the promised land rather than looking to fine tune your own ability. If that's what you're looking for then good luck on your search. Trading is a performance endeavor so let's treat it like one.

In trading, shortcuts lead to the longest path possible.
Thanked by:
xylem
LONDON UK

For some reason you keep annoyingly assuming im looking for a holy grail.
Maybe you are projecting your own ideas.

I just want to know if he has taught people to be profitable.
Its all good hearing people say Hes a great guy and I learned so much.

Every educator gets that for the most part, if what he teaches doesnt make you money then its not very helpful.
Im sure it could take months/years to master his style but if as people said he has a very mechanical trading plan than in actuality it should be easy to copy him and make money as there is no discretion in it.

Im not sure if you are profitable or not as I am not farmiliar with the term profit factor.

I dont want to digress too much on this anyway.

fminus 
Washington DC

xylem View Post
For some reason you keep annoyingly assuming im looking for a holy grail.
Maybe you are projecting your own ideas.

My assumptions come from your question focusing on profitability.

Quoting 
Every educator gets that for the most part, if what he teaches doesnt make you money then its not very helpful.

If Michael Jordan personally taught you how to play basketball (spin moves, fade away jump shots, basketball theory, etc). And then you couldn't play like him, do you blame Michael Jordan?

Quoting 
Im sure it could take months/years to master his style but if as people said he has a very mechanical trading plan than in actuality it should be easy to copy him and make money as there is no discretion in it.

Many people in the room do follow his trades, but will have differing results. Why? Because not everyone can trade a 20 lot or however many lots that JP trades. If you're trying to trade his style with an under-capitalized account then it's prob not for you. I would say you need to at the very least be able to trade with 3 or 4 lots for his style.

trendisyourfriend 
Quebec Canada
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 4,171
Thanks Received: 6,018

I think fminus did a good job in trying to share his experience. I do not know jpj but i learned market profile in 2009 with one of his student. One thing is sure is that learning and internalising the auction market theory is not easy and it takes time, lots of screen time and i can assure you one thing, you will never be able to replicate what another person does with the tools related to market profile such as the footprint, MP or volume profile. Someone wrote the following this week:

There are two kinds of traders: A) Level Pickers who attempt to call tops and bottoms and B) Momentum Traders who attempt to "do what the market is doing right now." Source.

A market profiler is a level picker and jpj enters into this category. Maybe it would be easier for the person to look for a momentum strategy. There are plenty of traders who use this type of technique.

xylem
LONDON UK

Whats the difference between a good educator and a bad one if neither educators students makes money.

Lol.

Michael Jordan couldnt teach me to slam dunk and that is why I wouldnt pay him $1200 for basketball training.
Same goes for an educator who cant teach me to be profitable.

im only asking as Im about to go on one of his free trials and it wouldve been nice if a few of his loyal students turned up and said "yea I make money, im profitable, it took a while but now im earning big money"

Anything along them lines not some guy telling me to rethink my belief systems, im not an idiot and thats also funnily enough why I wouldnt pay someone to teach me to trade if he has no track record of teaching people to become profitable.

fminus 
Washington DC

@xylem Ok you seem to be missing the point of my posts but this will be my last post on the topic since it's not going anywhere.

No one is going to "teach" you how to become profitable.

Not because they won't. It's because they can't. Just like how Michael Jordan himself can't teach you how to play basketball like Michael Jordan. There are a countless number of other factors involved than just the strategy or method. The differentiating factor between profitability and losses are you. Do you need to learn from JP to become profitable? No. Can you learn something from him? Probably if you approach it in the right way.

xylem
LONDON UK

Well every and I mean Every educator can do that.
You can learn something off anyone.

I am of the opinion that you can teach someone to be a profitable trader.

What you say tells me he is as good as all other educators, which isnt high praise imo.

But yea I get ur point.

Forexoil 
Bangkok thailand

Platform: Multicharts, ninjatrader, tradestation, fxcm
Trading: Es forex
Thanks Given: 128
Thanks Received: 64

If he is profitable then he will would surely have his broker statements posted on his site as hard evidence would bring in students.

t0030tr 
Detroit, Michigan, USA

Platform: NT8 w/TTP
Broker: IB/Kinetick/CQG
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 28
Thanks Received: 84

forgiven View Post
this review is tuff....i spent six months in the room and like jp he is a super guy.... very honest... and his course and training is better than most... however JIM DALTON work is the best you will find on market profile... i would go straight to the horses mouth...

I am as well a grandfather and I have to agree. I have spent a great deal of time with both JP and Jim. JP is obviously a veteran in MP and he is a good teacher on the subject, but no one and I mean no one I have have come across can call the market like Mr. Dalton.

Jim doesn't talk about his W/L percentages, but I would bet he is in the ninety percentile in the win column. If you want to learn MP, Jim Dalton is by far the master. Just my two cents..

Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 17, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts