NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

JPJ Trading Review Market Profile (www.jpjtrading.com)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Ben16JP2 with 8 posts (9 thanks)
    2. looks_two Trafford with 7 posts (20 thanks)
    3. looks_3 TI Anon with 6 posts (7 thanks)
    4. looks_4 jodistrict with 6 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one soumi71 with 5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Aragorn with 4.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 daza with 4.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Trafford with 2.9 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 85,822 views
    2. thumb_up 188 thanks given
    3. group 59 followers
    1. forum 148 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments

Search this Thread

JPJ Trading Review Market Profile (www.jpjtrading.com)

conorp 
Dublin/Ireland

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ToS
Trading: Stocks and Indices
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 6

Just a warning. One of our members says he has had quite a different experience of the Market profile Room that I was in. He says that he lost money in it which was not my experience. I took a one week trial and almost every trade he called turned out exactly as he posted. Perhaps the room moderator had a good week.

But, in light of the recent information, I wont be handing out the name to anyone else.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

click03 
Houston, TX
GG

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Market Profile, Jigsaw, NinjaTrader, ZenFire, DTN IQ, Market Delta
Broker: Mirus/Zen-Fire & TD Ameritrade
Trading: futures, options
Thanks Given: 115
Thanks Received: 19

JPs room is not a trade following room. He even tells you this. JP's is a room for traders who want to learn how to trade for themselves. I have learned a lot is JPs room and know of others who now have their own successful rooms after attending JPs room. JP is of a different style, takes a little getting use to, but I found him to very enjoyable and fun to trade with. After you learn the trades, you will know where he is going to take a trade, and if it is a trade that he McGyvers or not and if so how much.

If you are looking for a room where you can follow trades I think the other gentleman on here found such a room. I would like to know it as well, especially if he trades crude. I think this is a business where things are always changing as technology, world events, and laws affecting the markets come into play.

All I can say is that I learned a lot with JP and feel he could charge at least twice as much and it would still be a good deal, as you get lifetime membership as a grandfather in a room with the real deal.

Thanked by:
 RickW00716 
Richmond Virginia

Platform: Ninja Trader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 306
Thanks Received: 163

I'm finishing the free trial today. I can honestly say I see value in the market profile method he teaches! This is NOT a room for "mirroring" his trades. He will teach you how to trade so you can do it on your own.

Also in the room, there was no heavy sales pitch and the price for training is very reasonable and a lifetime membership to the room if you wish to continue.

All in all it was a very positive experience for me

Thanked by:
 RickW00716 
Richmond Virginia

RickW00716 View Post
I'm finishing the free trial today. I can honestly say I see value in the market profile method he teaches! This is NOT a room for "mirroring" his trades. He will teach you how to trade so you can do it on your own.

Also in the room, there was no heavy sales pitch and the price for training is very reasonable and a lifetime membership to the room if you wish to continue.

All in all it was a very positive experience for me

I just signed up!!!

Thanked by:
 RichardHK 
Hong Kong

Platform: NinjaTrader, TWS
Broker: IB/Kinetick
Thanks Given: 132
Thanks Received: 340

I also finished the free trial yesterday but not signing up. Not because JP's room is bad, whatever, but because I prefer to trade on my own and learning some market profile to increase my skills. There was an outside chance I would sign up for more education but not needed for me. In fact, JP himself stated very clearly that you do NOT need to join him to learn market profile as it is easy enough to teach yourself with Dalton's books, the CBOT/CME info, and the internet!

I found JP to be above board and entertaining. He didn't have many trades this week, and waiting for levels reminds me of fib traders who sit waiting for a level before trading - even if that entry level is 10 points lower! Not my style at all as I use price action and order flow. But JP waits on his own setups and puts on a large swing position so even a tick or so wrong on entry can be lots of money lost. He explained this very clearly several times to those thirsting for a trade.

JP also made it very very clear throughout that free trial folk are 'free' to join him or not. Absolutely no problem just taking a look and moving on. He took time on several occasions for market profile education and I did learn some new stuff. So I am happy with the experience.

As noted in earlier posts, do not go there expecting a trade calling service - although that may actually exist in the members room. In fact, do not go anywhere for trade calling. Learn to trade your own setups, or give your money to someone who knows how to trade.

Richard
Hong Kong
Thanked by:
 RickW00716 
Richmond Virginia

RichardHK View Post
I also finished the free trial yesterday but not signing up. Not because JP's room is bad, whatever, but because I prefer to trade on my own and learning some market profile to increase my skills. There was an outside chance I would sign up for more education but not needed for me. In fact, JP himself stated very clearly that you do NOT need to join him to learn market profile as it is easy enough to teach yourself with Dalton's books, the CBOT/CME info, and the internet!

I found JP to be above board and entertaining. He didn't have many trades this week, and waiting for levels reminds me of fib traders who sit waiting for a level before trading - even if that entry level is 10 points lower! Not my style at all as I use price action and order flow. But JP waits on his own setups and puts on a large swing position so even a tick or so wrong on entry can be lots of money lost. He explained this very clearly several times to those thirsting for a trade.

JP also made it very very clear throughout that free trial folk are 'free' to join him or not. Absolutely no problem just taking a look and moving on. He took time on several occasions for market profile education and I did learn some new stuff. So I am happy with the experience.

As noted in earlier posts, do not go there expecting a trade calling service - although that may actually exist in the members room. In fact, do not go anywhere for trade calling. Learn to trade your own setups, or give your money to someone who knows how to trade.

I've also been studying market profile for a while but it's been a little hard to use it to make high odds trades so far. i think having someone like JP who's been doing it for many years train me will speed my learning curve and give me the confidence(in the future) to maybe develop my own setups based on the knowledge i acquire from him.

I wish you the best my friend

PS. I see we have the same trading set up...TWS Ninjatrader/kinetick

Thanked by:

forgiven 
Fletcher NC
Market Wizard

Platform: nijia trader
Broker: A.M.P. I.Q. ....C.Q.G.
Trading: ym es
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Days
Thanks Given: 287
Thanks Received: 580

this review is tuff....i spent six months in the room and like jp he is a super guy.... very honest... and his course and training is better than most... however JIM DALTON work is the best you will find on market profile... i would go straight to the horses mouth...

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 estrade 
Austin/TX

Platform: NT
Trading: ES, TF
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 20

click03 View Post
JPs room is not a trade following room. He even tells you this. JP's is a room for traders who want to learn how to trade for themselves. I have learned a lot is JPs room and know of others who now have their own successful rooms after attending JPs room. JP is of a different style, takes a little getting use to, but I found him to very enjoyable and fun to trade with. After you learn the trades, you will know where he is going to take a trade, and if it is a trade that he McGyvers or not and if so how much.

If you are looking for a room where you can follow trades I think the other gentleman on here found such a room. I would like to know it as well, especially if he trades crude. I think this is a business where things are always changing as technology, world events, and laws affecting the markets come into play.

All I can say is that I learned a lot with JP and feel he could charge at least twice as much and it would still be a good deal, as you get lifetime membership as a grandfather in a room with the real deal.

NO CL, ES ONLY BUT "PROFILE FOR ANY MARKET". NOT A CALL ROOM, AT ONE POINT HE WAS IN A TRADE AND SAYING HE SHOULD BE THE OTHER DIRECTION. I WAS A MEMBER LONG AGO BUT I DIDN'T STICK AROUND. TALKS ALL DAY ALL THE TIME. NOT KNOCKING THE GUY, JUST A ROOM WITH LESS PRESSURE--EMAILS--- BEING THAT YOU WONT GET ANOTHER CHANCE AT A TRIAL (OTHERWISE IT WOULD BE LIKE ANY ROOM! BUT YOU CAN SIGN UP ANYTIME.

xylem
LONDON UK

Thanks Given: 20
Thanks Received: 13

He has another free trial coming up.
I have just one question.

TO All those who got grandfathered/Paid Lifetime membership HAVE YOU LEARNED TO BE PROFITABLE?

That to me is the ultimate question.

From what Ive read he does sound like a nice honest emotional guy who is hard to follow but if he teaches something that works then he is better than many educators out there.

So Are you lifetime members profitable or anywhere near being profitable on your trading development?

fminus 
Washington DC

Platform: TT
Broker: Dorman
Trading: US Treasuries
Thanks Given: 156
Thanks Received: 299

xylem View Post
He has another free trial coming up.
I have just one question.

TO All those who got grandfathered/Paid Lifetime membership HAVE YOU LEARNED TO BE PROFITABLE?

That to me is the ultimate question.

From what Ive read he does sound like a nice honest emotional guy who is hard to follow but if he teaches something that works then he is better than many educators out there.

So Are you lifetime members profitable or anywhere near being profitable on your trading development?

Your question, "TO All those who got grandfathered/Paid Lifetime membership HAVE YOU LEARNED TO BE PROFITABLE?" has some inherent implications that has me to believe it's not for you. Reason being:

1) If you are looking for a trade calling room for you to blindly follow and become profitable, then it's not for you.
2) If you are looking for someone to take 10 trades a day, it's not for you.
3) If you are looking for someone to give you some magic formula of a then b (absent of discretion) it's not for you.
4) If you are expecting to become a super trader after 3 months of market profile instruction, it's not for you.
5) You have some pre-conceived notion of what trading should look like with 100% win rate and taking zero heat on trades, it's not for you.

Perhaps expectations for a room such as this should be:

1) Using market profile for market context and formulating your own trade decisions
2) Assimilating market profile or volume profile to your own trading style that makes sense to you
3) Asking questions and picking the brains of an experienced trader
4) Watching someone use proper money management to cut losses short and let winners run

Taking all these factors into consideration, the key to your profitability lies within you; not in an indicator, other person, or trade room. If trading was a science then whoever had the best formula would win, however trading is more of an art, hence the terms "discretionary" and "intuition" are used with trading. If you're looking for certainty then the trade room is probably not for you and you should take a close hard look at the relationship between trading and uncertainty.

JP has some phenomenal moments of performance where it's an unbelievable demonstration of what trader intuition looks like but also has his moments of being human. Overall, I think he's an excellent trader.

In trading, shortcuts lead to the longest path possible.
Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 17, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts