NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

JPJ Trading Review Market Profile (www.jpjtrading.com)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Ben16JP2 with 8 posts (9 thanks)
    2. looks_two Trafford with 7 posts (20 thanks)
    3. looks_3 TI Anon with 6 posts (7 thanks)
    4. looks_4 jodistrict with 6 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one soumi71 with 5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Aragorn with 4.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 daza with 4.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Trafford with 2.9 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 85,859 views
    2. thumb_up 188 thanks given
    3. group 59 followers
    1. forum 148 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments

Search this Thread

JPJ Trading Review Market Profile (www.jpjtrading.com)

aircal 
Keller, TX USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Tradestation, NinjaTrader
Trading: YM, ES, CL
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 40

It was a great call, and I like the guy - very personable and willing to answer trial visitors' questions.

But you run a trading room with crappy internet and a headset that sounds like a tin can with a string? Really?

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
60 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks
 futuretrader 
Como Italy

Platform: Ninjatrader, customized
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 471
Thanks Received: 643

Crappy internet, and trading without stops....

Hope his phone is reliable.

conorp 
Dublin/Ireland

Platform: ToS
Trading: Stocks and Indices
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 6

I have read the posts here and while i am a sceptic about many guys claims, I think JP does what he says he can do. Im not overly happy with his win/loss ratio, but he is positive for the week. He doesnt seem to need many winners to make his money as he really works his trades as he squeezes every drop of profit from them.

Been in his trading room the last 4 days

All trades he called were executable.
Monday 2 trades minus 2 points, +15 points
Tuesday 1 trade minus 2 points
Wednesday 1 trade minus 2 points
Thursday (90 mins into trading day) 1 trade minus 2 points

He concentrates on his trades and normally calls them in advance. I think there was one trade that he didnt call in advance, but it went against him and you could have got in on it. Lol.

Definitely seems on the level. Has his setups and his trade management style.

I do have to question McGiver method. He averages into his trades when they go against him, but only in a controlled manner. He will get more contracts if the price goes 1 point against him. He is fully out at minus 2 or minus 2.25 When he McGivers into a trade, he closes the existing worst price contracts at break even and leaves the best price contracts to ride. This means that by averaging into a trade, he is 1 point better off than he was before the averaging.
If you look at the number of winners vs the number of losers over the last 4 days, he would be better off not McGivering. McGivering cost him 4 points, but only gained him 1 point.

To use McGivering, you must have at least a 1:1 win/loss ratio, otherwise it wont work for you. having said that, he is genuine and I would recommend his free trial. I believe that if you want to learn about market profile, he will be able to teach you how to use it. Im considering taking his class even just to learn how to stay in a trade as long as possible. Its my biggest problem as a trader. I close out my winning trades too early and leave lots of profit on the table.

If someone thinks Im giving away too much info about JP, then pls let me know and I will edit this post.

trendisyourfriend 
Quebec Canada
Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 4,171
Thanks Received: 6,018

One important criteria when evaluating a trading room is to see if pupils are being lead to become independent not dependent from the education. Is he doing a good job in that department?

conorp 
Dublin/Ireland

His whole thesis is that he teaches his students his setups and that we go use them for ourselves. He doesnt want to be calling our trades forever.

Apparently FutureTrader71 is one of his former students and uses quite similar techniques/setups

trendisyourfriend 
Quebec Canada
Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 4,171
Thanks Received: 6,018

conorp View Post
His whole thesis is that he teaches his students his setups and that we go use them for ourselves. He doesnt want to be calling our trades forever.

Apparently FutureTrader71 is one of his former students and uses quite similar techniques/setups

Are you one of his pupil?

conorp 
Dublin/Ireland

You didnt read my first post very closely.

conorp View Post
Im considering taking his class even just to learn how to stay in a trade as long as possible. Its my biggest problem as a trader. I close out my winning trades too early and leave lots of profit on the table.

JavaBen 
Atlanta, GA, United States

Platform: NinjaTrader, ThinkOrSwim, Interactive Brokers, Fidelity, Schwab
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

I think that some of you are missing a whole lot of what you think JP does in his teaching.

I note that a lot of people here are saying his trades are hard to hear and thus to follow. However, I don't see any of you noting that most of JPs trades are not on the fly of the moment, but instead, are trades that he says he is working, trades that he has put into the trading queue, the DOM. I don't see you referencing those, but those are clearly stated, in advance. So, while there may not be any intended malice in the various statements commenting on his voice, you are completely ignoring the bulk of his trades, which are standing orders that you are made clearly aware of - his 'working' orders.

He does get excited about, what I call, his sometimes on-the-fly calls, which are placed off of the MP TPO charts, along with Market Delta. However, even those are clear if you have been in the room for a while.

The first week is an example to listen to him, for free, to see if you like what he does, agree with his style, and if so, then sign up for some lessons.

I also think a lot of you are identifying the purpose of JP's training incorrectly. You are mostly commenting on his live trades, without mentioning that his goal, and the purpose of the room, is to teach. You are supposed to know enough, once you have been in the room about a month, to start making trades on your own. He's showing you what he's doing in order to reinforce his teaching; not the other way around. This is not a trading room.

So, I don't know where you people that are complaining are coming from. I think you are totally misrepresenting the training he gives, the purpose of his education, etc.

There's wonderful information being made available to you, but you have to do some work to understand it. Remember the joke from Mark Twain about how his father suddenly got so smart once Mark T. reached 21? Well, I think that's where you are at. You have some studying you've got to do; Dalton's books, Mind over Markets and Markets in Profile. Are you doing that? Or, are you just expecting to watch a little and then chase his trades and expecting to be a great trader? Well, I'm not interested in that.

I'm already a successful trader, and looking to lengthen the time I hold trades. I see the wisdom in what he is teaching, even if you don't yet have the capabilities necessary to support his insight.

Why would I want, if I were a beginner trader instead of a successful trader, to consider it more important to follow him in trades, instead of learning how to make successful trades? That's just stupid. You are just buying the fish, instead of trying to put forth the effort to learn how to fish.

I'm not associated with JP in any way. I paid full price for his training, and to be a 'grandfather', so this is not a biased report.

Thanked by:

forgiven 
Fletcher NC
Market Wizard

Platform: nijia trader
Broker: A.M.P. I.Q. ....C.Q.G.
Trading: ym es
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Days
Thanks Given: 287
Thanks Received: 580

jp is the best teacher and trader i have ever seen trade. as a rule you do not get both. he course is a real deal for what he charges vs what you get. you will learn market profile in his room. now i have seen some un-true post about his room. there is no way you can just take ever trade and follow the leader as your trading plan. there is no room or trader that can do that. if that was true when they made a trade the volume would crash the servers. he can show you market structure to trade from. but you will have to pin-point your own entry and manage your own trade. he is very honest stand up person. he manages his class well. it runs like the military he does not leave anyone on the battlefield. now just because you take his course does not mean you can not fail. that is up to you. but you will learn how to trade market profile and then some. it has been my experence a course like his is worth 5000.00. i do not think the people making the claims of months or years trading in his room on sim have ever been there. i think they are being posted by other market profile rooms.( sour grapes) that is my 2 cents forgiven

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 Paul J 
Toronto Canada

Experience: None
Platform: IB, IRT, Jigsaw/NinjaTrader
Trading: Treasuries
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

I'm a grandfather in JP's room and in my 29th year of trading.

Signed up with JP to learn market profile in 2009. The education has been extraordinary.

JP uses market profile and footprint charts (marketdelta.com) which is clear from reading all the previous posts in this thread. He also uses volume profile and some other things I'd rather not mention here. You can learn that from JP if you want.

JP makes it very clear that he's always looking for ideas to improve his money making. This attitude allowed him to adopt the footprint charts many years ago. He's not a "one-trick" pony.

In addition to the above, one of the greatest values for me is JP's DAILY ANALYSIS. Every day JP is in the room, just after 09:00 est, he reviews the previous day including a review of every trade he did. Then he shares what he expects will happen in the upcoming day, emphasizing he can't say what the market will actually do, just what he expects.

For me, it has not been difficult at all to know what he's doing and why.

Personally, I don't spend a lot of time considering his profitability. My only concern is how he can help me.

For a long time, I have been doing my own analysis before I listen to JP and then listen intently to what he has to say. Then, I make any adjustments I deem appropriate in my plan for the day and do my own thing. My own thing includes many things I've learned from JP.

In my opinion, JP's daily analysis alone, is worth the price of admission!

Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 17, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts