NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

JPJ Trading Review Market Profile (www.jpjtrading.com)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Ben16JP2 with 8 posts (9 thanks)
    2. looks_two Trafford with 7 posts (20 thanks)
    3. looks_3 conorp with 6 posts (4 thanks)
    4. looks_4 forgiven with 6 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one soumi71 with 5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Aragorn with 4.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 daza with 4.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Trafford with 2.9 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 85,143 views
    2. thumb_up 188 thanks given
    3. group 59 followers
    1. forum 148 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments

Search this Thread

JPJ Trading Review Market Profile (www.jpjtrading.com)

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,143
Thanks Received: 101,477

Hi,

Please share your direct experiences as a customer (past or present) with "JP" of JPJ Trading:

Market Profile Training

JP teaches Market Profile. I would like to hear from you, good or bad, about your thoughts on his teaching and services.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Big Mike for this post:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Request for MACD with option to use different MAs for fa …
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Retail Trading As An Industry
58 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
51 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
48 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
31 thanks
What percentage per day is possible? [Poll]
31 thanks

Ben16JP2 
New York, United States

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader,TradeStation
Broker: Optimus/Rithmic
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 179
Thanks Received: 33

There is a free trial this week.

I'll post my opinion at the end of the trial.

The following user says Thank You to Ben16JP2 for this post:

Trafford 
London, England

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja
Broker: Mirus Futures/Zen-Fire
Trading: EUR
Thanks Given: 378
Thanks Received: 229

I spent some time in JP's room. He is an ex Bonds trader at the CME. He taught himself MP when he left the pit. He trades classical MP setups with a few he has made up himself. He is honest and frank and a good trader. Is he for everyone, certainly not. He is an aggressive trader that does not use chart other than MP and some MD Footprint charts. His style will not suit everyone particulary the faint hearted. He is a very colourful guy and typical floor trader - loud and brask. He is very gaurded with his setups so unless you sign to be in his room you are unlikley to learn much until you become a fully paid up member. His presentation will be very vaugue and general MP so he will not divulge much but he is a good guy.

Trafford.

The following 4 users say Thank You to Trafford for this post:
 Keithh 
AKL

Platform: MultiCharts
Broker: IQ Feed
Trading: Currency Futures
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 11

Checking out his room this week also. Looking to incorporate MP and the footprint into my trading. From the reviews I've read he appears to be one of the better mentors.

The following user says Thank You to Keithh for this post:
 TI Anon 
Chicago,IL

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: Amp Futures/TT
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 16

Few if any of his students have been able to trade his entries successfully. One member spent over 2 years logging and following every of his trades and was never able to show a profit. His recaps are filled with after the fact trades and much of "what might have been" examples. If you,honestly, log and follow the trades he says he's in with his unique money management methods you will hard pressed to stay above water.

It is a fun place to hangout at, with interesting stories and banter throughout the day. He is a very engaging fellow.

A few years ago, 2 of his active and main supporters were both put on trial for running trading scams. Both were found guilty. They both used his room to further their scams. so be cautious of who you listen to in the room.

His room is an entertaining place to spend the trading day, but be very cautious and careful. Consider yourself forewarned.

The following 6 users say Thank You to TI Anon for this post:
 daza 
uk

Platform: Market Delta
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 29

I agree with TI Anon, I spent 6 months in the room and I am embarrassed to say how much I lost even thou it was in sim.. the fact the people say he has green days most days is not true,, I saw him be under water most days, he would catch the odd good trade but that was never enough to cover the losing trades...

You would also lose voice as he was entering a trade,, I was in the free trial today just to see if had changed his ways but I saw the first trade off the open (open range trade) the voice went quiet,, until all of a sudden I heard' I am short 42.25',,, price was at 41.25 by that point... funny cos it say's on his site all trades are called out before hand.... mmmm may be not then...lol

think about this
Peter Steidlmayer has moved to volume profiling now with his volume strips theory , as the old TPO do not work as well as the volume profiles.

http://www.cmegroup.com/education/steidlmayer-volume-strips-video.html

as TI Anon says be warned

Daza

The following 9 users say Thank You to daza for this post:

Ben16JP2 
New York, United States

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader,TradeStation
Broker: Optimus/Rithmic
Thanks Given: 179
Thanks Received: 33

daza View Post
I agree with TI Anon, I spent 6 months in the room and I am embarrassed to say how much I lost even thou it was in sim.. the fact the people say he has green days most days is not true,, I saw him be under water most days, he would catch the odd good trade but that was never enough to cover the losing trades...

daza View Post

You would also lose voice as he was entering a trade,, I was in the free trial today just to see if had changed his ways but I saw the first trade off the open (open range trade) the voice went quiet,, until all of a sudden I heard' I am short 42.25',,, price was at 41.25 by that point... funny cos it say's on his site all trades are called out before hand.... mmmm may be not then...lol

think about this Peter Steidlmayer has moved to volume profiling now with his volume strips theory , as the old TPO do not work as well as the volume profiles.

http://www.cmegroup.com/education/steidlmayer-volume-strips-video.html

as TI Anon says be warned

Daza

The first trade was to fast for me also, but JPJ claims that the members would have seen that trade coming. I hope a member could post here and confirm this.

To be fair JPJ did call out a long trade setup at the 1131.50 level, if it got down to that level with a 1129.5 stop. This was a few minutes ahead of time and the market was in the 1134-35 area at the time. The market did get down to 1131.25 and went up for 5+ points intially. I was under the impression that 5 points was one of there targets. Again if a member could confirm this I would appreciate it.

soumi71 
Toronto

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Zen-Fire
Trading: CL , 6E
Thanks Given: 760
Thanks Received: 274

I took JP's class 3 years ago , and I learned a lot about market profile , JP has his own way of trading besides the classic Market profile setups he has his very own ones , and he takes them each and every time the market
presents itself with an opportunity , he is very honest , he would never call the trades after the fact , he tells you ahead what trades he will be taking and what trades he will not be taking , he is an aggressive trader and warns his students to not follow him in "what he calls : Mcgyver trades " , he takes full responsibility of his trades and never follows anyone else but himself .

I have witnessed some very good calls from him and took some in the sim , covered with small profits each time , in the meantime JP can hold on to his trades for ever , he would cover for much bigger profits , he knows how to let his profits run and cut his losses small , this I admire him very much .
I have witnessed some trades going sour , he will get himself out very quickly and admits that he lost on such or such trade .

JP has been quite ill the past year and he did not show up that much , his style of trading is advanced compared to mine , but I can say that I have learned a lot with him , he is very dedicated to his students , very funny and down to earth ,
Two facts :Furestrader71 was one of his students , and TGtradergirl too, they took all JP's setups and repackaged them their way , I know that from him and from the grandfathers in his room .

If you want to learn MP , he is a very good source and a honest one , he has exclusive setups that work most of the time .

Chad from Investor RT is a grandfather in his room ,Andrew Menaker and Jim from trading-naked.com as well .

He has a free trial going on this week , of course he will never reveal his setups during the trial but will just call some trades .

"Risk more than others think safe.
Dream more than others think practical.
Expect more than others think possible.
Care more than others think wise"
The following 7 users say Thank You to soumi71 for this post:
 daza 
uk

Platform: Market Delta
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 29

Yes as a grandfather I did see the opening range trade,, but would not trade it the way he does as it fails more than it works,, its based on structure of the prior day, but as I now know there are other factor with-in the structure that should be taken into account to take this kind of trade..

delta roll-over is nothing new which is the long he called, and you can find better information for free here on big mikes..
TI Anon said it best ....'Few if any of his students have been able to trade his entries successfully'

he also adds to losing trades which goes against my very logic... I would rather take a small loss and get in at a better price..

it is true that TG took his methods and made them her own and they still do not work,, I am ashamed to say I did her course as well and when in JP's room she seemed to do well but in hindsight she was calling trades late as well..

just my experience you may find his methods suits you style...

I have been trading MP using volume profiling and have been doing very well so I do not regret doing JP course as it took me forward in my MP/VP education and I would never trade with out it.. but as so many say on this site if he can trade so well why run a room and sell a course.. lets face it today by lunch he said he had 19 people sign up so that’s $7000 by lunch... nice going...

I am sure many more will sign up over the week and move forward with the full $1200..

Daza

Ben16JP2 View Post

The first trade was to fast for me also, but JPJ claims that the members would have seen that trade coming. I hope a member could post here and confirm this.

To be fair JPJ did call out a long trade setup at the 1131.50 level, if it got down to that level with a 1129.5 stop. This was a few minutes ahead of time and the market was in the 1134-35 area at the time. The market did get down to 1131.25 and went up for 5+ points intially. I was under the impression that 5 points was one of there targets. Again if a member could confirm this I would appreciate it.

The following 3 users say Thank You to daza for this post:

Last Updated on March 17, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts