NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

JetTrader: Developmental Live Cash Journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one JetTrader with 115 posts (27 thanks)
    2. looks_two r3algood with 4 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 sysot1t with 2 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 feelnot with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 19,304 views
    2. thumb_up 29 thanks given
    3. group 8 followers
    1. forum 127 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments

Search this Thread

JetTrader: Developmental Live Cash Journal

JetTrader
Edmonton, Canada

Thanks Given: 12
Thanks Received: 162

Next - I will try setting Entry Orders at the anticipated OmegaWave Intersection. This should provide me with more entry precision on faster moving markets. I will still manually control the Stop and the Limit, however.

I'll also be trying a different Trigger level for the OmegaWave itself. Looking at the historical data taken from the indicator, I wonder if the added risk of entering at a lower Omega-Abs level such as Minimum Omega-Absolute, can be offset by a larger number of trades that have higher profit range opportunities.

1900, now on deck.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

JetTrader
Edmonton, Canada

I'm down to about $95 buck in the Education Fund. So, I'm going to have pick up the pace quite a bit. But, of course - this is how I've done it for 11 years.

JetTrader
Edmonton, Canada

OmegaWave
Long
None

Notes: So, on this one, I'm using roughly 50% of Minimum Omega-Absolute at the entry level. If this runs to MnO, its a free 20 pips. If it runs to MxO, its a nice 48.9, as MxO is still 73.9 pips. MnO was struck and the structure of the trade was good. However, the added risk to the trade by accelerating the entry, caused too much draw. Since the OmegaWave is in its compression phase, the Omega-Absolute range gets squeezed and that places a premium on the Timing of the entry. So, I like the structure, but I will have to find a better early entry rule, if I intend to use these before the OmegaWave Intersection. Got the Minimum Omega-Absolute strike, but too much draw consumed the profits.

Closed
BE

Omega-Absolute turned into Blue Bars, indicating a Wave in compression phase. This makes the weak move in Omega-Absolute to its Minimum level (Purple Solid Line) clearer. Not surprising given the late hour in the trading session.

I'll continue to play with the early entry into OmegaWave trades by making adjustments to the ratio of Omega-Abs consumed before entry, to the Minimum Omega-Abs Value. I believe there will be a sweet spot found somewhere between that range of volatility on the H1 bar under normal market conditions.

feelnot
UK

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 0

If Photobucket doesn't work well then try imgur . com for the image hosting, it is by far the best and largest site now. It beat tinypic, photobucket and all those other sites in a matter of months because it doesn't suck like them. In fact it is in the top 50 (correction: 100) most visited sites now according to alexa.

Also, poor Einstein BBC News - Speed-of-light experiments give baffling result at Cern

JetTrader
Edmonton, Canada

Day 5 Pip Results:

+3.4
+10.4
BE

Totals: -302.8

Days remaining = 15 of 20

Overall, I can't place to much weight on the negative side of OmegaWave today, given all the tweaking midstream that I was doing with it. I'll be doing some more tweaking tomorrow on the entry as well, trying to maximize profits while minimizing risk, which is always a difficult thing to do. It is either going to come down to sticking with the standard OmegaWave Intercept entry protocol, or using an earlier entry while assuming the responsibility of added draw risk in return for a higher profit range. The standard entry worked well on all OmegaWave signals today, once again - though I did not trade most of them due to making tweaks and being held hostage by residual Fed new yesterday. However, I expect to see better entry opportunities tomorrow.

Looking forward to Friday at 1200 hrs GMT and the task of recovering a paltry 302.8 pips.

JetTrader
Edmonton, Canada

feelnot View Post
If Photobucket doesn't work well then try imgur . com for the image hosting, it is by far the best and largest site now. It beat tinypic, photobucket and all those other sites in a matter of months because it doesn't suck like them. In fact it is in the top 50 (correction: 100) most visited sites now according to alexa.

Also, poor Einstein BBC News - Speed-of-light experiments give baffling result at Cern

"But for now, he explained, 'we are not claiming things, we want just to be helped by the community in understanding our crazy result - because it is crazy'. 'And of course the consequences can be very serious.'"

While I would suspect that 15 thousand runs are sufficient to cause concern, I would also expect that additional independent research projects would be undertaken at times that also took into account the amount of high energy solar radiation from sun flares that propagate back to and penetrate the earth's surface. If the muon's are changing at the target, then we need to know whether or not the changes are normative or abnormally derived.

My initial guess would be interference from CME in the M to Xn classification, but that's a shot in the "dark".

Otherwise, if we are going faster than light photons, then that does seem to change a lot (the understatement of the century).

feelnot
UK

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 0

JetTrader View Post
Otherwise, if we are going faster than light photons, then that does seem to change a lot (the understatement of the century).

Yes indeed! Now with the rest of your reply I understand very little of what you said. As you can probably already tell by my writing style. But I will blame that on my young age for now hehe.

Have you reached your original revenue goal yet? The one where you were about 7.5% the way in 2006 I believe.

JetTrader
Edmonton, Canada

1200 OmegaWave
Long
3501.6 (dynamic target)
+18.3 pips

Notes:

MnO struck at 0900. No MxO strike prior to 1200. Optimal entry was at OmegaWave Intersection and that was 3461.7. I missed that due to being about 20 minutes late to work today. One thing I've noticed for certain is that the Timing of the OmegaWave entry has to be precise. Failed Timing on the entry seems to result in significant draw.

Here's where I run into an unsolved problem. My dynamic target is greater than the number of pips yielded during the hour in which the signal was derived. I'm supposed to exit the trade at the end of the hour, or when the target is struck within the hour. So, for now - I'll exit on the hour and look for the next OmegaWave in the next hour, until I can do more study to find the nexus between unmet dynamic targets across contiguous hours.

Closed
+12.1 pips

Results:

JetTrader
Edmonton, Canada

I don't yet have a targeting algorithm for the OmegaWave yet as I mentioned earlier in the thread. So, I expect those to be rather sloppy. The certification process does not require targeting as a metric because its already a part of the larger system. As long as I get good launches to every signal, that's enough for me to certify. I'll deal with the targeting at a later stage.

Looks like 3501.6 was a good target in hindsight, but it would not come within the hour of the signal, which is another problem I'm going to have to work through at a later time.

1300 on deck...

JetTrader
Edmonton, Canada

OmegaWave (option 1)
Long
3506.2 (dynamic)
3545.6 (MxO)

Closed
-4.3 pips

Results:

OmegaWave (option 2)
Short
3458 (dynamic)
3429.1 (MxO)
Removed

Note:

*** All entries and all targets are dynamic and subject to change right up until they are executed. I cannot post those minute details on-time in such a forum as this ***

Long Entry option has been adjusted and triggered.
Short Entry option has been removed.

MnO has not been struck during this hour, and there are only 15 min remaining. So, either this hour's Omega-Abs gets really compressed during the middle of a Daily Omega-Abs expansion cycle, or price is about to have a small scale explosion for about 20-30 pips.

1400 on deck...

Last Updated on November 26, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts