NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Ready Aim Fire Bullseye

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one HighRise1202 with 221 posts (172 thanks)
    2. looks_two bluemele with 91 posts (66 thanks)
    3. looks_3 greenr with 17 posts (12 thanks)
    4. looks_4 wldman with 15 posts (8 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one vovan348 with 1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two HighRise1202 with 0.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bluemele with 0.7 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 greenr with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 66,093 views
    2. thumb_up 301 thanks given
    3. group 16 followers
    1. forum 388 posts
    2. attach_file 28 attachments

Search this Thread

Ready Aim Fire Bullseye

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

Yes, funny how the vid's always come flying out when the market 'behaves'.

I made that comment before and somebody gave me some gruff over it... hmmm. Who could that be....? ;0

I think I have like 6 or 7 NFT'ers doing this. I sure wish that the open journal was done more consistently by more but I guess not necessary but makes it more fun.

You did good on your vision today. My advice is to work on your trade management as I think you are a bit shy from yesterday. Your entries are GETTING MUCH BETTER!

Try focusing on the longer term targets and just see if it hits. Letting go is the only thing that will do that for you... I still struggle deeply with it. Cost me 6.5 points today all together.

Thank you for sharing....

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
About a successful futures trader who didn´t know anyth …
Psychology and Money Management

HighRise1202 
houston

Platform: nt
Thanks Given: 266
Thanks Received: 274

The indicators did their job today...several opportunities...but volumes sooo low, too low.

WAIT...some of my charts are still on Dec! Lesson learned.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

HighRise1202 View Post
The indicators did their job today...several opportunities...but volumes sooo low, too low.

WAIT...some of my charts are still on Dec! Lesson learned.

I have a rule that if there aren't at least 15 144 bars prior to market open or close, then I do not trade that day.

HighRise1202 
houston

I failed to check all systems for "go" before opening. Later I found the 610 and 987 charts stuck. Missed the first long at 8:47 Central Time. My goal today was to trade my rules. My rules kept me out of trading for a while. Then I placed my first trade without a setup included by my rules. It was downhill from there. I will trade my rules. I will trade my rules. I will trade my rules.

Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Trade Nav., NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, TF, 6E
Thanks Given: 612
Thanks Received: 406

HighRise1202 View Post
I failed to check all systems for "go" before opening. Later I found the 610 and 987 charts stuck. Missed the first long at 8:47 Central Time. My goal today was to trade my rules. My rules kept me out of trading for a while. Then I placed my first trade without a setup included by my rules. It was downhill from there. I will trade my rules. I will trade my rules. I will trade my rules.

That's the hardest thing for me to follow the rules. You didn't click a lot yet and before you start clicking because you are bored or because you are lost you should remember that it can become a huge problem and will be very hard to overcome. Do not make that mistake. It's like a poker. Wait for a good hand. If you are not sure just fold and wait for the next one. When you see a big pot but you are already fold you cannot get any of it. You have to let it go without you and wait for another hand (setup). You can get a nice pot starting from the blind but that is more luck than a skill. To make money you need skills not just luck.

I guess you already know all that. I just want to warn you that clicking (over trading) can be very serious problem. Don't make that mistake. Seat on your hands if you have to.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

To me, the biggest problem you have now is judging yourself and setting expectations.

It is something that I believe has held me back for a long time. It comes and goes, but in the end, setting up judgements on how we do has no meaning or is useless.

It is good to be technical and just document in black-n-white if you succeeded in holding up your rules. SHOULD is a tough word and this helps me greatly in my journal and trading as I see my own issues in others.. Amazing how that works....

I am sure you are glad you could help!

I wonder what your expectations that you have set upon yourself... I am thinking about my list now...

Thanked by:
 HighRise1202 
houston

I rewrote my goal to be consistently profitable, including the "or else" consequences. The 28 K chart said look long, but the lower time frames indicated short. After four gifts I caught a trend down. Took a long time. Thanks to Bluemele for comments on being judgmental. I'm still pondering that issue.

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

You did very well today. I have seen a distinct change in your thinking lately.

Sometimes it takes a really really bad day to do that. And, the trick is to keep that thinking.

Trading is like Baseball to me... I remember I used to get into batting slumps... I was never a great player, but I was consistent and above average. I guess not a bad thing to be in trading?

Thanked by:
 HighRise1202 
houston

I was determined to be profitable today. I had confidence. Early trades racked my brain and confidence. However, I stuck it out and ended up in the green. Now I will analyze how I did, read and study. I'm not liking the feeling of being determined, but that's where I am now. My best to you and your trading well.

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Exit is more important than entry in my opinion. Any idiot can enter anywhere, but knowing when the odds are in your favor is the key...

Good job in coming back.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on November 2, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts