NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

The planet, the environment, war

Discussion in Off-Topic

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one aquarian1 with 192 posts (84 thanks)
    2. looks_two Rrrracer with 4 posts (4 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Gabriyele with 4 posts (4 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Zondor with 3 posts (8 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Zondor with 2.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Gabriyele with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Rrrracer with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 aquarian1 with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 51,033 views
    2. thumb_up 134 thanks given
    3. group 28 followers
    1. forum 234 posts
    2. attach_file 37 attachments

Search this Thread

The planet, the environment, war

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: IB and free NT
Broker: IB
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,509
Thanks Received: 2,593

Can anyone find more info on this?

polish wind turbine

peace, love and joy to you
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

Global Warming’s Worst-Case Projections Look Increasingly Likely

In fact, the new paper is the latest in a growing series that project larger impacts than previously predicted or conclude that climate change is unfolding faster than once believed.

Notably, Arctic sea ice is melting more rapidly than the models can explain

For this study, the scientists collected more than a decade’s worth of satellite observations concerning the amount of sunlight reflected back into space by things like clouds, snow, and ice; how much infrared radiation is escaping from Earth; and the net balance between the amount of energy entering and leaving the atmosphere. Then the researchers compared that “top-of-atmosphere” data with the results of earlier climate models to determine which ones most accurately predicted what the satellites actually observed.

source:
https://www.technologyreview.com/s/609620/global-warmings-worst-case-projections-look-increasingly-likely/

In fact, the world will have to cut another 800 gigatons of carbon dioxide emissions this century for the earlier warming estimates to hold. (By way of comparison, total greenhouse-gas emissions stood at about 49 gigatons last year.)

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

energy cost of building wind turbine recovered in 6 months of operation
(life is usually 25 years so 50 times recovery)

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

The rise and rise of the Chinese plug-in electric vehicle (PEV) market is unstoppable, with yet another record performance in November — 84,000 new passenger PEVs registered last month. That’s almost double last year’s total for November. That 84,000 also put the year to date (YTD) count over 490,000, up 60% year over year (YoY).
https://cleantechnica.com/2017/12/2...-16000-sales-china-electric-car-sales-report/

siuu
england, United Kingdom

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 19

aquarian1 View Post
  • 70% of all the fish in the ocean are gone
  • 50% of the world's forests are gone
  • the Amazon is still being destroyed at a rate of the size of Belgium each year
  • Madagascar has been almost completely deforested
  • millions of acres of arable land are being lost to desert each year (China and Africa)
  • Russia flares so much natural gas that from the shuttle it is visible.
  • toxic waste is being dumped in the oceans and the fine is only $25,000
  • they still allow dragnet trawling
  • Japanese herd dolphins into a bay and slaughter them alive filling the water full of blood
  • Chicken hatcheries confine the birds so tightly in cages that to keep them from pecking themselves to death (i.e. committing suicide) they cut off the beaks -incredibly painful and they grind up the male chicks alive.
  • veal comes from baby calves that are never allowed to move or see sunlight.
  • we have released so much CO2 into the atmosphere that the oceans are turning to carbonic acid which dissolves the coral reefs - nurseries of the ocean.
the list goes on and on..
one third - yes one third of all gasoline consumed by vehicles is from unnecessary idling. It causes more wear on your engine to idle it for 30 seconds while parked then to turn it off and on - not to mention the gas - so turn off your engine when you stop your car or are stuck in a traffic jam and go into the store.

The one in bold is awful. I don't know why we as a species are so cruel. I'm amazed we haven't wiped ourselves out yet.

Thanked by:

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

siuu View Post
The one in bold is awful. I don't know why we as a species are so cruel. I'm amazed we haven't wiped ourselves out yet.

Yes it is amazing we are so cruel.

That we will wipe so many other beautiful creatures along the way that is so disturbing.

I can't understand why we think it is a game to cram so many of us on the planet. What is wrong with only having one or two children per family? With so much habitat being destroyed the poor animals we are supposed to protect and nurture are being wiped out.

So cruel, so sad so bad.

Thanked by:

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

@Benxa
have you been here?

Thanked by:

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

This is an excellent video - very well made with excellent clips and editing.
See bottom for link:

-------------------------------------------
Students from Holland created a community project in Peru to bring water to a small community on the edge of the Atacama desert in Peru. They way they did it with community involvement and training on of the locals (Nestor) on every facet of the project is commendable.

Not only did they harvest water from the fog but also set up a diverse garden with fruit trees, medicinal trees and plants and vegetables. Everything is 100 percent organic and they way they organized the garden is to help the land become more fertile and with better nutrients each year, building the soil.

An important feature is biochar (min 7:00) which provides:
1. water retention
2. housing of microbial life - the microorganisms can thrive
3. nutrient retention

-----------------

Thanked by:

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

Contrast The Nature Conservancy (TNC)s actions and its unwillingness to talk about the results of these failed ventures with that of the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds.

In Bird Society Leads by Example: Operates Large Wind Turbine at Headquarters
http://wind-works.org/cms/?id=85&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=4234&cHash=de535bba2d17ff5e3eb11ebb753fcd76
, I explain how one EnNGO--one specifically devoted to protecting birds--confronts head on the dilemma posed by using wind energy to power its facilities. They didn't choose a token device, or a sham Potemkin wind turbine, they chose a real, working, commercial-scale wind machine. They forthrightly dealt with all the questions, conflict, and anger that that decision entailed. They saw it as part of their mission to explain what is necessary to confront climate change. And they openly explained how and why they reached the decision they did and what they've learned so far.

Unfortunately, that's not how TNC nor many other American EnNGOs work.

TNC depends on donor support for its survival. Misuse of donor funds can seriously erode its ability to raise money for its mission of buying and preserving land. TNC's reaction to the Palmyra scandal is simply to clam up.

As a volunteer with the TNC here in California I am aware of the good work they do. Without them even more of California would be despoiled by development. For those of us who support TNC's mission, maintaining the public's trust in TNC's integrity should be a top priority. Hiding ill-conceived ventures from the public in a cloud of secrecy and obfuscation doesn't serve TNC's long-term interests or the interests of environmental preservation.

Wind energy is a field where TNC has no expertise. They should have done more homework--if they did any at all. The tragedy of TNC's foolish venture with a ducted device on Palmyra Atoll is that the whole experience could have been avoided with a few phone calls or even a trip to a library. (Remember those?)

Ducted devices have a long, sad history. The end is never a happy one. Dew Oliver went to prison for his fraud in the 1920s and it's been downhill ever since.

WIND-WORKS: Details Ducted Wind Turbines[tt_news]=4974&cHash=b0ce320f971b8803d13a39ab25b1b622

Last Updated on July 14, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts