NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

The planet, the environment, war

Discussion in Off-Topic

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one aquarian1 with 192 posts (84 thanks)
    2. looks_two Rrrracer with 4 posts (4 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Gabriyele with 4 posts (4 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Zondor with 3 posts (8 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Zondor with 2.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Gabriyele with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Rrrracer with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 aquarian1 with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 51,033 views
    2. thumb_up 134 thanks given
    3. group 28 followers
    1. forum 234 posts
    2. attach_file 37 attachments

Search this Thread

The planet, the environment, war

mastercraft29 
central florida

aquarian1 View Post
Yes, too many are, as you said, led by money and lust.

----------------------

Nevertheless, I care. It is the central core of my mission of this life.

And one is one. And adding another that is two.

Focus your attention on the good and those who do good. And the more energy you direct to the good the more you strengthen it.

The creative intelligence, the force of infinite power, is there. And will work through you.
Your purpose is only to be a channel.

Let the bad flow by. Give them no energy of attention. Dream of the good, of the beautiful of the healed garden of Eden, the jewel of the planet given us. Then work tirelessly, endlessly, never giving in to discouragement, for manifesting the good.

The door to the kingdom is narrow and the way is hard. The path to destruction is wide and the way easy and traveled by the many.

Keep the faith!

"It is the central core of my mission of this life."

Add me, now you have 3

Nice thread aquarian - lots of good information, although it is sad. Especially since most people do not care about the well being of our planet.

I find this thread interesting because recently I started working on a side project to invest (buy and hold strategy) in "green" companies since i believe they are the future. If you look, many of them are (i believe) under priced right now, likely due to uncertainty around global warming (trump pulling out of the paris agreement, regulations, oil companies owning the banks and government, ect). But i think it is only a matter of time before there is a global awakening and the green companies take over.

Anyways, good luck on your journey and i hope you continue to post here!

Josh

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Quant vue
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: IB and free NT
Broker: IB
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,509
Thanks Received: 2,593

mastercraft29 View Post
"It is the central core of my mission of this life."

Add me, now you have 3

Nice thread aquarian - lots of good information, although it is sad. Especially since most people do not care about the well being of our planet.

I find this thread interesting because recently I started working on a side project to invest (buy and hold strategy) in "green" companies since i believe they are the future. If you look, many of them are (i believe) under priced right now, likely due to uncertainty around global warming (trump pulling out of the paris agreement, regulations, oil companies owning the banks and government, ect). But i think it is only a matter of time before there is a global awakening and the green companies take over.

Anyways, good luck on your journey and i hope you continue to post here!

Josh

Hi Josh!

Many thanks!

Welcome aboard!
t is great to have another on the team.

I find the media likes to pull us down by overwhelming us with bad news. But that is who they are. Like the mafia using fear, terror and darkness to control. It is like a poisonous snake you don't blame it for being a snake, but you avoid it and continue on your path.

Last night I watch a youtube about a new battery. I haven't researched it yet but here is the link:

Lithium-Ion Battery Inventor Introduces Fast-Charging, Noncombustible Batteries - Cockrell School of Engineering

"A team of engineers led by 94-year-old John Goodenough, professor in the Cockrell School of Engineering at The University of Texas at Austin and co-inventor of the lithium-ion battery, has developed the first all-solid-state battery cells that could lead to safer, faster-charging, longer-lasting rechargeable batteries for handheld mobile devices, electric cars and stationary energy storage."

There are good things happening and the more we share the stories of good the more they will happen.

Ian

peace, love and joy to you
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

Doug Selsam Inventor of Superturbine(R)

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

In this video is the 1948 panhard dyanavia
which got 80.7 mpg.

With the improvements in engines since then one would likely be able to get over 100mpg, but even without that think about how many hundreds on millions (or billions?) of gallons of gasoline could have been saved in the last 69 years.

min 1:20
20 VINTAGE VEHICLE DESIGNS THAT DEFINE COOL

tradersync 
Calgary + Canada

kbit View Post
Don't want to pick a fight but who counted the fish to determine 70% are gone....and I don't buy one third of gasoline is consumed by idling(among other things I was a ASE mechanic).
At the risk of offending my Asian friends the Chinese and the Japanese are the worst of the bunch....they still buy rhino horns, elephant tusks, whale meat, and just want the gall bladders from black bears...and on and on. Basically they won't stop until what they want is extinct.

In my opinion, there is no need to count this. You could simply look at the dropping ratio every year and subtract that from an estimated amount of fishes in the sea. However, the problem still persists even if that quote is wrong. Climate change and other resources are being exhausted and will be exhausted with time that is just a fact. We just need to ask ourself what are we doing today to change that.

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

After being on the helicopter ride and see the immense sea of palm oil trees the local commented:

"It's so sad
It's so bad."

I couldn't have said it better
So sad and SO BAD

orangutans several thousand to 1,000
reserve - the need to restore the canopy

each individual orangutan needs 5 to 6 square km
but 5 individuals in 1 sq km (so should be 25 30 sq km)

--at this point in the video I just felt like crying

I couldn't watch the rest.

My heart went out to the poor orangutans.

A brave few people battling against the enormous onslaught of huge corporations, outgunned and out manned--
I hate seeing mankind's greed and overpopulation and self-interest devouring all before it.--

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrogen_trifluoride

Greenhouse gas

NF3 is a greenhouse gas, with a global warming potential (GWP) 17,200 times greater than that of CO2 when compared over a 100-year period.[12][13][14] Its GWP place it second only to SF6 in the group of Kyoto-recognised greenhouse gases, and NF3 was included in that grouping with effect from 2013 and the commencement of the second commitment period of the Kyoto Protocol.

Applications

Nitrogen trifluoride is used in the plasma etching of silicon wafers. Today nitrogen trifluoride is predominantly employed in the cleaning of the PECVD chambers in the high-volume production of liquid-crystal displays and silicon-based thin-film solar cells.

Elemental fluorine has been introduced as an environmentally friendly replacement for nitrogen trifluoride in the manufacture of flat-panel displays and thin-film solar cells.[11]

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

November 29, 2017*RERUN
The Leading Edge: A New Threat - Ocean Acidification

Watch Live in

23hours 1min
Efforts are being made to reduce carbon dioxide emissions and combat global warming, yet a new problem is surfacing: Ocean acidification. The ocean has been absorbing man-made carbon dioxide. However, this is causing the ocean to turn acidic, and is negatively impacting coral, shelled creatures, and even the phytoplankton that are the foundation of marine food webs. Some have pointed out that this could disrupt various ecosystems. We'll take a look at this new aspect of global warming.

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/tv/scienceview/201711200600/

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

Here is a video:

-------
Plastic problem is far worst than the video hints at. Plastic in the ocean will break into micro particles which fish eat and fills their gut starving them. Plastic in the ocean had been a huge problem for a long time. After decades still just talk and eyedropper solutions.

---------
It's rather a shame that people don't get at the root of the prb - the making of plastic.
It's is totally unnecessary.

For decades a similar material to plastic has been made from (corn) sugar. This "plastic" can be made for bags, containers etc - anything petrol based plastic can. It biodgrades quickly and completely.

Last Updated on July 14, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts