NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

The planet, the environment, war

Discussion in Off-Topic

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one aquarian1 with 192 posts (84 thanks)
    2. looks_two Rrrracer with 4 posts (4 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Gabriyele with 4 posts (4 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Zondor with 3 posts (8 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Zondor with 2.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Rrrracer with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Gabriyele with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 aquarian1 with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 50,956 views
    2. thumb_up 134 thanks given
    3. group 28 followers
    1. forum 234 posts
    2. attach_file 37 attachments

Search this Thread

The planet, the environment, war

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: IB and free NT
Broker: IB
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,509
Thanks Received: 2,593

Australien wildfires ravage the country - but "no not connected to climate change" - says bullshit artist PM

Ka Please!!! - I don't even live here!

Throw the horseradish under the wheelbarrow, you pond sucking trilobite.

Nasa's photo of "nuclear" wildfires ravaging the island continent:

---

read more here:

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/its-atomic-bomb-australia-deploys-military-monstrous-storm-creates-its-own-weather-crisis

peace, love and joy to you
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
45 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
31 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
24 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks

Rrrracer 
On the road
Webinar Host
Trading Nomad

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TradingView
Broker: Oanda
Trading: FX
Thanks Given: 17,582
Thanks Received: 9,752

That would be a waste of horseradish (I like it lol.) Absolutely terrible what's going on there.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Linds 
Victoria, Australia

Platform: NT, MT4
Broker: NT
Trading: Bund , ASX 200
Thanks Given: 982
Thanks Received: 533

I doubt the overall accuracy of that image?
AFAIK there are not significant fires in central or far north east Australia at present. Certainly not to the extent indicated by that image?
There are certainly massive fires in the south east ( Victoria and New South Wales) and others in South Australia, Queensland and West Australia.
In any case, the idea is the same - it is a terrible situation over here at present and I feel for those impacted - including the animals in our beautiful bush.

edit:
As I suspected: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-08/misleading-fire-maps-go-viral-during-australian-bushfire-crisis/11850948

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-08/fires-misinformation-being-spread-through-social-media/11846434

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

Thanks Lind

I went to both links. Neither offered an accurate photo. That is that say there are inaccurate photos but do not offer an alternative.

The key here is not the photo. There is both a direct link to climate change and a direct denial and suppression of the truth about climate catastrophe by the PM. As you are from Australia, watch the complete series of Honest Govt ads by Juice Media.

In one I have posted in the thread my Police State you will see the suppression of the truth in Australia.

However this thread is about the environment.
There are wildfires in Australia.
There are wildfires in the Amazon.
There are wildfires in the Siberia.
and many more countries.

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

A Combined Heat and Power Stirling Engine Generator made by Combined Energy Technology.

Thanked by:

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

10 kW Dish-Stirling system in Font-Romeu-Odeillo, France

Linds 
Victoria, Australia

Platform: NT, MT4
Broker: NT
Trading: Bund , ASX 200
Thanks Given: 982
Thanks Received: 533

aquarian1 View Post
Thanks Lind

I went to both links. Neither offered an accurate photo. That is that say there are inaccurate photos but do not offer an alternative.

The key here is not the photo. There is both a direct link to climate change and a direct denial and suppression of the truth about climate catastrophe by the PM. As you are from Australia, watch the complete series of Honest Govt ads by Juice Media.

In one I have posted in the thread my Police State you will see the suppression of the truth in Australia.

However this thread is about the environment.
There are wildfires in Australia.
There are wildfires in the Amazon.
There are wildfires in the Siberia.
and many more countries.

Hi
Yes I more or less agree with you - but there is never a case for deliberate misinformation, hyperbole and exaggeration. Facts will do.
This link shows that you need to see how the data for these images is constructed to understand them. There is a need for some careful interpretation.
It a bit like a trading vendors claims - you really want to do your own research before concluding everything you see is true.
https://factcheck.afp.com/these-maps-do-not-show-individual-bushfires-australia-january-2020

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

So I can only spend so much time posting.

---------------------------
I don't see a lot of other people posting about the crisis and ways to save the planet
OR
making posts energize others to the severity of the crisis.

If others were posting then there could have been
  • twenty to 30 posts about wildfires raging around the planet,
  • the Greenland ice sheet melting at an alarming and escalating rate,
  • enormous pieces of the Antarctic ice sheet falling off,
  • China contributing 50% of the CO2 with massive coal buring and so on.
So either I post what I can quickly with what is available or don't make the post.
NO ONE denies there are wildfires.

Every NASA photo whether it is of crops, rainfall, whatever is enhanced to show the data. What good is a blurry grey photo? The picture is dramatic and OF COURSE it is enhanced! - no one said it wasn't.

From my viewpoint it is much better for someone - if they care about the issue the death of the planet's plants, animals and so on- to add their stories about the wildfires, other stories about the bleaching of the Great Barrier Reef and its coral.

Why not find a story on the Carmichael Coal Mine?
Why not find a story on the Fracking on natives land?
Why not find a story on about the bleaching of the Great Barrier Reef and its coral.

If you care about the planet, find some stories and post them

I can't be the only one rowing the boat - and that's how it feels.

If I waste time, I break the energy I need to accomplish my life purpose.
The odds are against me and the planet.
I must focus on efficient use of my time

Thanked by:

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

clippings re coronavirus:

Right now, the risk appears low in the US, with only a few isolated cases. Unfortunately, I expect that this will change, as more cases arise here, especially with global travel and how readily this coronavirus appears to spread (via droplets in the air).

"How will I know if I have the coronavirus?" Answer: it's very hard to tell, because the symptoms are similar to having influenza -- anywhere on the spectrum from a very bad cold to severe pneumonia with respiratory compromise.

Dr. Dena Grayson: In addition to being highly contagious, this novel coronavirus can cause a SEVERE infection that can kill even healthy people. It's rare to see BOTH of these (bad) attributes in the same novel virus. Usually, it's one or the other.

-------------------
Infiltrating the Canadian Lab

Dr. Xiangguo Qiu is married to another Chinese scientist – Dr. Keding Cheng, also affiliated with the NML, specifically the “Science and Technology Core”. Dr. Cheng is primarily a bacteriologist who shifted to virology. The couple is responsible for infiltrating Canada’s NML with many Chinese agents as students from a range of Chinese scientific facilities directly tied to China’s Biological Warfare Program, namely:

Institute of Military Veterinary, Academy of Military Medical Sciences, Changchun
Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Chengdu Military Region
Wuhan Institute of Virology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Hubei
Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing

The Wuhan National Biosafety Laboratory is housed at the Chinese military facility Wuhan Institute of Virology linked to China’s Biological Warfare Program. The facility would be qualified to handle the most dangerous pathogens.

In January 2018, the lab was operational ‘for global experiments on BSL-4 pathogens,’ wrote Guizhen Wu in the journal Biosafety and Health. ‘After a laboratory leak incident of SARS in 2004, the former Ministry of Health of China initiated the construction of preservation laboratories for high-level pathogens such as SARS, coronavirus, and pandemic influenza virus'.

The Black Death and other epidemics arrived in Europe from China during the 1300’s, killing a large percentage of its population. Much of this pestilence came from rats that stowed away on merchant ships coming from the east.

Like SARS, the Wuhan virus is believed to have come from a live animal market that specializes in exotic animals from the Himalayas or China’s remote mountain regions. Serving exotic animals at dinner parties is a big status symbol in China. Sometimes they are even served while still alive. Dog meat is a favorite in northern China.

SARS was believed to have come from civet cats. As a result, thousands of these felines were brutally killed. But it was later determined the virus originated from bats, then spread to other captive animals. Bat soup is another Chinese delicacy.

Keeping large numbers of captive animals crammed together in cages with poor ventilation and no cleaning is an ideal vector for viral diseases. Each year, China consumes 730 million pigs. Fifty percent of China’s factory farmed pigs have so far contracted lethal swine flu.

I have seen how China raises and transports pigs. It’s a nightmare of brutality and inhuman behavior. No wonder so many of these intelligent sensitive animals fall ill and die. Swine fever could be payback for China’s terrible cruelty to pigs.

And it’s not just China. Pigs in North America are treated almost as badly. A lady where I live was actually jailed and prosecuted for having given water to a truckload of thirsty, starving, terrified pigs on the way to the slaughterhouse.

In North America, animals destined for slaughter are packed together and then dosed with heavy antibiotics to combat communicable diseases from over-crowding and mistreatment. These same antibiotics then enter our food chain, causing us ever growing viral resistance.

China must also be pressed to cease its dangerous, inhumane trade in exotic wild animals and urged to treat all animals with humanity and care. China is a major cause of species loss. Aside from a few brave animal rights groups, there is very little consciousness of our animal neighbors in China nor understanding that animals are sentient beings with emotions similar to those of humans. When it comes to animals, all the Chinese see is walking food.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on July 14, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts