NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

The Intentional Trader - Tony Peterson (www.theintentionaltrader.com)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one lightsun47 with 6 posts (3 thanks)
    2. looks_two forgiven with 6 posts (9 thanks)
    3. looks_3 faithdefender with 5 posts (7 thanks)
    4. looks_4 DBraun126 with 4 posts (6 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one forrestang with 9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two stifland with 8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 TPeterson1055 with 3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 forgiven with 1.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 48,608 views
    2. thumb_up 89 thanks given
    3. group 33 followers
    1. forum 63 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

The Intentional Trader - Tony Peterson (www.theintentionaltrader.com)

xplorer 
London UK
Site Moderator

Experience: Beginner
Platform: CQG
Broker: S5
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 15,447
Thanks Received: 15,291

lightsun47 View Post
I am sorry but the way you used words targeting me wasn't right.

Words like, you think, you think?

What do you mean by screaming at me like that? Who gave YOU the right to scream at me? Who are you?

Am I the sales person trying to sell you this system? I was narrating my own experience, instead you are fighting your frustration on me.

If a stupid system (like a million others) don't work and someone posts their experience here, you vent your frustration on the person instead of the business you purchased from?

I guess that's a new way to deal with anger issues.

faithdefender View Post
Dude, you have drank too much cafe! Nobody on my end tried to insult you or scream at you. I had been led to believe large caps specify anger. Hmmm, there i go thinking again. If you defend a product be prepared to stand behind it fully. Right? A disagreement is not personal. Of course it seems personal. But its just business, as they say.

I try to speak to people on a personal level so they dont think the conversation impersonal. I try to "engage" the person on the other end.

I am glad you are happy with your product. But it seems to me you agreed the price was high? Did i misunderstand you? Or was I supposed to agree with you, tuck tail and leave it alone? If you have the money to pay great amounts of money toward indicators that work sometimes, then I am happy for you. The RockStar shows up at very strange area when I use it. That is a factual comment.

Moderator Notice
Moderator Notice

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
25 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

Kelsey 
Charlotte, NC USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Ninja Trader Brokerage
Trading: YM
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 110
Thanks Received: 16

faithdefender View Post
I sure hope it OK to chime in with my experience of this Vendor, particularly, the RockStar indicator and prices of his trade system. After all, isn't it good to keep up with the times, and to let others know of your/my/our experiences?

Recently this company offered a sale on their indicators. But what constitutes a sale? So I was inspired to do a review on what I own already. But as I said, the PRICES are incredible and I wanted to share my perspective. And what he charges, is of course, his prerogative. But I simply want to bring to light what I see. I dont have any experience in their trade room, but I want to point out this appears to be more of a private "Members Only" Club than an affordable trade room. Private in the sense that a lack of $$ keeps a great deal of people out of it. Even old retired folks like myself.

This is not about the indicators per se. Can I do a review on prices alone? Why Not? Many reviews suggest the company is good. And of course he is probably a nice guy. Why wouldn't he be? Who would buy anything from a mean guy, right? No, I didnt say angel of light or any of that business. But this review is written for those who dont have the ability to access the high priced indicators or the trade room. Can we not share our thoughts? Maybe in the hopes that he may lower his price one day so others can be helped? That is what he is trying to do, right? Help other traders? Surely he makes his money off trading right and not indicators alone?

I purchased the RockStar indicator and one other. Under the RockStar details it reads;
"For our PullBack Trading, we have some very specific conditions and rules for trading our trade setups. The RockStar indicator is a tool to make those trade setups easier to identify and execute a trade."

I dont agree! NOT according to my personal experience in using it. The RockStar is NOT cheap. It comes in at a whopping $625.00. Not cheap for any senior unless you are a retired indicator salesman ;-). I have tried it for 8 months and still lost with it. Yes, it identifies certain areas, but I would not dare take the trade when it shows its pretty symbol.

I have been told by friends to just join the room and learn. After all, many of the reviews suggest the trade room is a positive experience. (of course, do as I say not as I do-I ask them why they dont join and they say "the money") But it is a funny thing how these Vendors work their magic for those who purchase an indicator. It seems the relationship is never over. Buy the indicator, but you really do need the trade room to understand it. Not only do many of these Vendors push a trade room, but also tell you the one indicator is not enough. You have to buy several SO don't use the RockStar by itself.

As I said, the RockStar indicator runs $625.00. Add on the monthly Trade Room Subscription is $325.00. So the first month is $950.00 right?

But wait.. Since he is compassionate toward those of us who cannot pay these prices he offers a payment plan. He provides a Starter Plan which reads:
"The Starter Program has just enough tools and trade room time to get you started trading our Day Trading system. Or, it may just be the missing piece to make your current trading system really take off.""

Normally $1332.00 however, they will let you make payments. Three payments of $533.00 totaling almost $1600.00. So while you think he shows compassion, he has become sort of a bank, financing your entrance into his castle. He charges an extra $268.00 or I could say almost 20% to use their loan service. And of course it isnt loaning you any money. He is simply gouging your wallet so you can own his indicators.

And the trade room? Dont think the trade room is accessible if you are poor like me. The site says (if you purchase the starter) you get "2 weeks in the Trade Room " SUCH A DEAL!
So my personal question to him is this; do you make more money from trading or traderoom/indicators? If you were a successful trader then it begs the question; "why are you charging such prices for your indicators if they are only a tool to help?" Doesn't the magic come from the trading?

WHAT A MONEY MAKING MACHINE!

So when all is said and done, the little guy (me) is not financially qualified to enter this Castle. Even with a 20% Black Friday Sale.

I hope I dont rub anyone the wrong way. These are my thoughts.

Thank you for your Post. I went through this whole Thread to basically try to get info on a review on the RockStar indicator. Your input answered my concerns. I also am a poor Senior citizen. :-)

I do respect Tom's webinars/videos and his sharing of his system's Confluence of Market Conditions. He doesn't hide anything, just is too expensive for the normal folk. I feel for those who go into debt for one of his systems and then don't make it. Most of those most likely are out of trading so not contributing to this Thread. JMHO of course.

Thanked by:

faithdefender 
Salem VA USA

Platform: Oanda, NT8, TradingView
Broker: Oanda, TorS
Trading: Stocks, Currency Futures
Thanks Given: 128
Thanks Received: 117

Kelsey View Post
Thank you for your Post. I went through this whole Thread to basically try to get info on a review on the RockStar indicator. Your input answered my concerns. I also am a poor Senior citizen. :-)

I do respect Tom's webinars/videos and his sharing of his system's Confluence of Market Conditions. He doesn't hide anything, just is too expensive for the normal folk. I feel for those who go into debt for one of his systems and then don't make it. Most of those most likely are out of trading so not contributing to this Thread. JMHO of course.

That is probably the biggest point to come away with and you nailed it. The "room" is probably the key to learning and using the RockStar, but there is no way I could afford the room. And how many months would it take? Who knows, maybe in the future us old folks will get some type of senior discount?

Thanked by:

Kelsey 
Charlotte, NC USA

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Ninja Trader Brokerage
Trading: YM
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 110
Thanks Received: 16

faithdefender View Post
That is probably the biggest point to come away with and you nailed it. The "room" is probably the key to learning and using the RockStar, but there is no way I could afford the room. And how many months would it take? Who knows, maybe in the future us old folks will get some type of senior discount?

I found this Review. Here's hoping I have permission to post the link. If anything is untrue in this Review, maybe TP can write a rebuttal.

https://topedgefx.com/second-brain-trading-review-it-is-a-scam/

Thanked by:

Last Updated on December 31, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts