NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

The Intentional Trader - Tony Peterson (www.theintentionaltrader.com)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one lightsun47 with 6 posts (3 thanks)
    2. looks_two forgiven with 6 posts (9 thanks)
    3. looks_3 faithdefender with 5 posts (7 thanks)
    4. looks_4 DBraun126 with 4 posts (6 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one forrestang with 9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two stifland with 8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 TPeterson1055 with 3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 forgiven with 1.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 49,029 views
    2. thumb_up 89 thanks given
    3. group 33 followers
    1. forum 63 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

The Intentional Trader - Tony Peterson (www.theintentionaltrader.com)

lightsun47
Toronto, Canada

Thanks Given: 492
Thanks Received: 296

I am using it since a few years now.

The trades they have are scalp, counter trend trades whenever a reversal happens, with five tick target and seven tick stop, but you can manage it to make them small stops.

Compared to late 2016-17, number of trades they take these days (winners and losers both) have increased significantly. Back then, it was a bore fest.

It is a scalp, counter trend system. So do not expect like almost all the 'regular' systems / strategies we learn to trade, like trade in the trend, get the runners, huge targets, etc.

Their indicators are very powerful, which can potentially show if the trend is about to come to end for an imminent reversal. The indicators can be tuned according to your set of rules to take trades. And, there are a lot of different ways you can take the trades, based on your risk taking style - anywhere from extremely conservative to plain risky trades.

The downside for this is, if you are a trend trader with big targets, this cannot guarantee a living, because you will have to trade large lots to make a decent return. Example: If you make five ticks on NQ on one lot (they have most trades on NQ everyday usually), you made $25. Now times it ten, you made something good imo. But if your stop does gets hit before you can even manage, you are down seven ticks. So, this can take you a long time to reach there where you want to do it easily for a living. Apart from NQ, they also trade RTY, ES, YM, CL and GC.

My best opinion is to join a free webinar when they have to learn about their system. I can keep on writing paragraphs, but a picture speaks a thousand words.

Maybe you can have a look at their most recent webinar.

Here:

P.S. I think they do allow visitors / prospective subscribers to join their trade room for a week for free. Maybe email them to ask.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
43 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
30 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
21 thanks
 dxla 
vancouver

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninjatrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 7

Thanks Lightsun47 for your review. I've been to their trade room recently when they had a free trial and I've seen their webinars. Their system looks like it would suit my style of trading. I have a day job and typically can only trade about 1.5 to 2 hours at market open before going to work. I would be fine just taking 3 quick winners (adding on contracts as I gain confidence) and walking away each trading day or go on sim like Tony does.

Are you on the VIP/einstein package and would you recommend that or start with one of the smaller packages?

Thanked by:

Oriole 
Naples FLA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja Trader 8
Broker: NinjaTrader
Trading: Currency Futures, RTY, ES, NQ
Thanks Given: 202
Thanks Received: 72

I'm a sucker for new systems, I'll have a look at this. I wonder why they changed their name to Second Brain? Their all in Einstein Package = $5856.

lightsun47
Toronto, Canada

My best guess as to why they changed their name and website is maybe because they have migrated to NT8 with a lot of other addons. Kinda like redesigning yourself but with more products. Maybe makes sense too?

The system / concept is still the same of trading at the pullbacks from ever since they have evolved though.

trades4x
Vermont

Thanks Given: 21
Thanks Received: 19

nicktummers View Post
To answer your question, yes, the flash works and it works very well and very consistently. I have been using the full suite of indicators offered by the IT group since mid-March, 2014, and together with the trade room, it has turned my trading around completely. Sometimes they offer week-long free access to the trade room so that you can see the system in action and also learn about how different traders are using the indicators to help them make trading decisions. Hope that helps.

So can you just join the trade room and watch and learn or you have to buy the indicator for $5000.00 to join the trader room?

I am reading generally good reviews about the indicator and support but does it justify the cost you are paying if you are not a millionaire. What will it take in terms of account size + trade size to recover the indicator cost and then make enough profit to justify..

forgiven 
Fletcher NC
Market Wizard

Platform: nijia trader
Broker: A.M.P. I.Q. ....C.Q.G.
Trading: ym es
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Days
Thanks Given: 287
Thanks Received: 580

if you could make money in his trade room, every time he called out a trade the volume would crash the servers at the exchange . look how long he has been selling the grail indicator package . his retail order flow indicator coded 10 years ago will out trade a modern order flow blot from the largest institutional traders in the world .. i do not believe that BS

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
lightsun47
Toronto, Canada

^ Have you taken a free week trial in the room? Do you know how it works?

forgiven 
Fletcher NC
Market Wizard

the owner of the grail software could stop this debate very easy all he would need to do is post 3 years of verifiable brokerage statements and show the world how much money he has made using the grail the last 3 years. now he is not going to do so. the reason is very simple . like 99% of trading vendors , he can not trade. he makes money selling traders stuff . until he can prove it, there is know reason not to believe its 100 % pure BS .

Thanked by:
lightsun47
Toronto, Canada

I agree. He will never post such statements nor show his DOMs while trading live or sim, whichever it is.

Thanked by:

forgiven 
Fletcher NC
Market Wizard

he is just playing trader.

Last Updated on December 31, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts