NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Mojojojo77's Quest

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one mojojojo77 with 31 posts (61 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 3 posts (3 thanks)
    3. looks_3 dellcnu with 1 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 9,006 views
    2. thumb_up 65 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 36 posts
    2. attach_file 67 attachments

Search this Thread

Mojojojo77's Quest

mojojojo77 
BayArea, CA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjarTrader, thinkorswim, TradeStation
Broker: Tradestation, TOS, PFGBest
Trading: YM, NQ
Thanks Given: 20
Thanks Received: 65

Just one trade again today:

Got a signal off of a lower pivot high with a very short target to the green line on the chart at 11181. First target was hit relatively quickly, price got near the target and started to bounce back so I exited early again. Grade 4 for profitable trade but different exit than target. Starting the week off right, though.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	091911 Trade #1.png
Views:	217
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	49615  
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
30 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
28 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
16 thanks

mojojojo77 
BayArea, CA

Nice setup at about 7:15AM Pacific, had been goofing around with my chart last night, not realizing the ATM strategy was not set correctly. Placed the trade, was 1 contract, no target, no stop preset, so I bailed early picking up 8 ticks. Then the market continued to skyrocket! Anyway, grade 4 for profitable trade but exit before target. Grade 'F' on prep though!

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	092011 Trade #1.png
Views:	200
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	49665  

mojojojo77 
BayArea, CA

Was trying to setup thinkorswim papermoney for some short-mid term swing plays, saw an opportunity forming to short the YM after missing the first leg down after the LH formed around noon with the closing of the bond market. There was a second setup about 12:15 but I didn't like the pullback cycle as it seemed to short so I didn't take the trade. Was thinking I was done for the day so I popped open TOS. Anway, price action had bounced off Yesterday's High pulled back and started moving down again. I thought there might be achance to break it so I caught the short at about 12:42 with 3 contracts adjusted the first target to Yesterday's high, about 7 ticks away, got that quickly, then noticed the matrix price didn't match the chart price on TOS, so I bailed. I'm not sure if there was a delay or what, but after checking the trade blotter, it matched the price action I was seeing in Ninja, so.... I ended up with 25 ticks! Overall, I got 33 tickes, less 4 in commission, so 29 net, or $145, and $250 for the week so far. Got to keep it up!

Grade 4 points, profitable but different exit than 2nd target (even though TOS seemed wonky).

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	092011 Trade #2 in TOS.png
Views:	203
Size:	229.5 KB
ID:	49692  
Thanked by:

mojojojo77 
BayArea, CA

I seem to have developed a love/hate relationship with Fed Announcements and today was a 'hate' day so I decided not to trade. Mornings can be extremely slow or as of recently have good price action; after announcement is generally extremely volatile. I've done pretty well at times, but other times gotten clobbered, so overall for me the risk isn't worth it. I watched the morning session for a bit then just backed away (not wanting to feel compelled to trade). Overall, I feel pretty good about my decision because there will be good setups tomorrow or Friday or Monday, etc.

Thanked by:

mojojojo77 
BayArea, CA

Entered trade on a HL signal right at S2, trade started off very well, almost hit first target a couple of times then pulled back with heavy red on the jtrealstats volume reading, along with fast market which spooked me out of trade. Took 10 ticks, net 8, then market took off! I do tend to do this when the price action teases around my first target without getting hit. Grade 4 for the setup, profitable trade but different than target.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	092211 Trade #1.png
Views:	210
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	49953  
Thanked by:

AttitudeTrader 
Dallas, TX, USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader, T4
Broker: IQFeed
Trading: 6E
Thanks Given: 6,868
Thanks Received: 869

I went long YM at almost exactly the same time. Nice work with your journal here. Keep it up.

BTW, love Mojojojo. Brings back memories of watching Powerpuff Girls with my daughter!

"Is it hard? Not if you have the right attitude. It's having the right attitude that's hard." - Robert Pirsig
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

mojojojo77 
BayArea, CA

AttitudeTrader View Post
I went long YM at almost exactly the same time. Nice work with your journal here. Keep it up.

BTW, love Mojojojo. Brings back memories of watching Powerpuff Girls with my daughter!

Thanks! That's exactly the same for me too, use to watch with my daughter when she was younger! Used to do the voice for her too!

Thanked by:

Last Updated on September 22, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts