NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

What programs have you bought? Confess

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Cloudy with 12 posts (25 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 10 posts (45 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 6 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 cory with 5 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Fat Tails with 26 thanks per post
    2. looks_two longboat with 16 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 4.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Cloudy with 2.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 212,794 views
    2. thumb_up 534 thanks given
    3. group 134 followers
    1. forum 182 posts
    2. attach_file 6 attachments

Search this Thread

What programs have you bought? Confess

harvester 
Houston, Texas USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader, MultiCharts, TradeStation, NeuroShell, AmiBroker
Broker: Interactive Brokers, TradeStation, DTN/IQ
Trading: TF, EMD, NQ, CL
Thanks Given: 12
Thanks Received: 91

That's too bad to hear about Kent. I hope he recovers soon!

I've been using Zunaa indicators/strategies (as mentioned in an earlier post) for maybe 2-3 years now - and continue to do so. I'd have to say that everything they have produced is top notch, especially the Dynamic Point Of Control (DPOC).

I really enjoyed the extreme detail that Kent put into the training videos. Actually a bit overwhelming, but very much worth going through.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

vajatin 
Chantilly, VA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TC2000
Trading: Stocks, Options
Thanks Given: 29
Thanks Received: 1

Hi, what was the name of the awesome DVD set? Thanks

madLyfe View Post
i bought a few things:

an awesome dvd set of step by step learning from the beginning to advanced stuffs on options. was like 180 bucks and it was when i first started trading and didnt know anything about options or trading at all.. i would recommend it to any new trader actually even if not interested in options..

i also got a beginners course with physical reading material as well as some videos on perfecting the art of credit spreads with options.. after going through the first course i mentioned above i didnt learn a whole lot of new stuff, but it was good specific information for options and credit spreads..

and the last thing was an indicator on fib lines that was researched from waves counts starting back in the early 2000s.. i still think they are kinda useful(dont use them much anymore) but after the random line theory thread i am always skeptical..

oh and i guess my investment into this forum! thanks big mike!

vajatin 
Chantilly, VA

My Journey so far:

1) Stockbee - Wonderful site maintained by Pradeep Bonde. He offers free bootcamps once a year. The site has video's and chat room. He focuses on momentum trading for traders, 401K advice, and some advice for working people. The site has many experienced traders.

2) Kirk Report - Wonderful site. Provides lots of links, daily market analysis, weekend chart show is great, tons of links.

3) futures.io (formerly BMT) - I found a good one. I have only been active one day and have already discovered lots of ideas.

4) Wishing Wealth Blog - This is a free site maintained by Dr. Eric Wish that I follow regularly. Great advice for folks who cannot do day trading.

5) IBD meetups and news paper - Good resource for learning growth investing. I have met some wonderful people thru meetups.

-------------------------
I need help with Options education. I am going to review CBOE course curriculum.

I have evaluated options animal, Dan Passarelli's, Dan Sheridian, Options Fu, Option Pit. But I am not sure what program offers the best value.

Thanks

dominipip 
Naples, Fl

Platform: TOS, IB
Trading: Options
Thanks Given: 35
Thanks Received: 4

Hummmm, I bought IBD, then Vantage point software

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

dominipip 
Naples, Fl

Platform: TOS, IB
Trading: Options
Thanks Given: 35
Thanks Received: 4

Still learning!

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

mmtrader4 
Chicago, IL

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NT7 Newest Version
Broker: Ninja
Trading: TF, NQ
Thanks Given: 37
Thanks Received: 87

I started trading futures January 2009. Prior I traded stocks (buy and hold), mutual funds - both with success. Options I started out very successful got cocky and the bottom fell out due to my idiocy.

But onto programs bought for futures:
Waverider (got me started in futures for which I am thankful - but his method does not work for others),
UMT, Day Trade to Win, MCD, Stack Trade, Trendline Trader, Top Dog, Shadow Trader, Kwikpop, Puretick, and several more. Would have been better saving the money for trade capital! though I was a newbie searching for the "grail" as many do (and I am naive and like to believe people are for real) While searching for "the grail" I was in a presentation of a guy hawking his (as the overused phrase goes) "proprietary indicators". During his presentation at which he allowed everybody to see other's posts (noble of him but a mistake on his part, ha ha) I was able to create his charts exactly. Fortunately (or unfortunately) I knew so many indicators I recognized them and threw a chart together (btw all were freely available!) - then I called him out on it. In front of the crowd he admitted "well I never said ALL were proprietary - but it is a proprietary system that you need to PAY to understand how to apply the indicators". Cost $4500. I don't know how many he sold as I called him out and he booted me from the room. I also found out he has done business under more than one name. Just close one down and start another. So the moral to the story is:

I found futures.io (formerly BMT), it has all the indicators I need, I had to figure out MY personality as a trader not somebody else's; and use indicators which I fully understood the application of and took what I learned and created my own system - for me.

You can take other's advice here; but you have to trade who YOU are.

I don't know how else to say it.

Thanked by:
 dnkhoward2 
Dover, Fl

Platform: NinjaTrader 8, Oanda
Trading: YM, Currencies
Thanks Given: 864
Thanks Received: 167

Embarrassing stuff but true none the less.

I traded options for four years I switched to futures in Jan 2013.
I bought a lot of options training stuff from Big trends (Price Headley) probably around $3500 to 4k.
I bought the DTS Eagle and Falcon along with the Trade manager for around $3400 a while back looking for a good system to keep me in the trend longer but I never use it. The stops are too big for my taste. I use the trade manager though. That's pretty good.
I have been very interested in learning how to read order flow for a while and saw a guy online that looked like he had a handle on it pretty well so I signed up for his disgustingly too expensive course (School of trade) and it was not what was advertised. After on overpriced payment of 2k I stopped paying for his plagiarized stuff. he didn't teach on that at all. After that I swore off buying any more training or buying anything else.

I became a Big Mike's member and tweaked my system I have been using for a long time with the work of all the fine people here and that's all I need. But I have to say the Jigsaw trading stuff is pretty cool.

TheCount73 
NY, NY, USA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 0

Hi all. I've been lurking for a long time, but this is my first time posting, as I haven't felt I've had anything to contribute.

I've been trading (attempting to trade) for a little over 2 1/2 years now. I've spent a ridiculous amount of money trying to find a system, strategy, or method that I feel comfortable with enough to have the confidence I need in it to trade profitable. I've taken probably close to 10k in classes (if I include traveling and lodging expenses) on two courses early on by a guy who essentially turned out to be a scammer (he went by the name Monk on line, real name Jerry Williams, his website is Monksden.com... the site is still there, but I think it's defunt as I'm pretty sure he got in big trouble with the SEC) to learn what was essentially some very basic MA cross/MACD systems. Looking back at how naive I was in the beginning, this was a massive waste of capital.

I've since spent probably a couple grand (probably more but I've gotten my money back on occasion) on various lessons and strategies (including Dalton's "Field of Vision" which was something like $900, and which I also found pretty useless at the end of the day... nothing you really can't find online). I now belong to FT71's brokerage, and have learned a great deal from him... he's a treasure trove of information, especially on the mental side of things. However, I have trouble really grasping how to make Volume Profile work for me.

Another thing I've found helpful, though still haven't exactly been able to work, is basic price action. I purchased Mac's manual from PriceActionTradingSystem.com, which is only like $90 or something, and that along with his daily free youtube videos have been very informative (I also read the bulk of Al Brooks 3 volume bohemouth). I feel very comfortable with Price Action, because I hate and do not trust indicators, but I still can't seem to be profitable.

I did have a breakthrough recently when I did an experiment: I picked a random entry system based on a basic signal from some indicator thing I bought, and just want to take it 10 trades at a time to see if I could finally stick with a set up and take it exactly as planned every day. I had a set of rules, a 2:1 risk reward, and a money management system in place (2 losses and I'd stop, 1 winner and I'd stop). I did this for two straight months and was finally profitable for the first time over that time with a little over a 50% win rate. However, knowing this was an experiment, I back tested what I was doing and found that I had hit a lucky patch to try this out, and if I had traded it for the full year, I'd be a little over break even at best. And yes, I did this live.

So... while that was a huge breakthrough on the mental side... finally knowing I had gotten to the level where I can take a setup and let it play out, (ot over trade, etc) I still find myself incredibly frustrated at not being able to find something I am comfortable and confident in to utilize those mental breakthroughs in a way that I can become consistently profitable. I'm a bit lost and not sure where to turn at this point, but I'm still pushing on. I've gone back to basic price action, and am completely back to SIM again (I've lost 10s of thousands over the past 2 1/2 years, so I'm trying to be very, very careful at this point), but I'm not quite sure how where to take it from here.

....heh.... that was a bit more than what was asked for, but that's my story.

.... oh, and I started on ETFs, but now trade futures... preferably TF and YM....

madLyfe 
Des Moines, Iowa

Experience: None
Platform: Ninja, TOS
Broker: AMP/CQG, TOS
Trading: CL, TF, GC
Thanks Given: 9,220
Thanks Received: 1,020

vajatin View Post
Hi, what was the name of the awesome DVD set? Thanks

i think i purchased the dvd set from Options Made Easy: Your Video Guide to Trading as a Business

dont believe anything you hear and only half of what you see

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

vajatin 
Chantilly, VA

madLyfe View Post

Thanks, I noticed that this site offers the same video's as offered by optionsincomevideos.com or tradingology or expert option trading (many sites offering the same video's). These video's were developed by David Valleries in 2008. They seem to provide good beginner level exposure via TOS.

Thanks Cloudy for the initial positive comments about optionincomevideos.com on this thread.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 25, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts