NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

What programs have you bought? Confess

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Cloudy with 12 posts (25 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 10 posts (45 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 6 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 cory with 5 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Fat Tails with 26 thanks per post
    2. looks_two longboat with 16 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 4.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Cloudy with 2.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 213,979 views
    2. thumb_up 534 thanks given
    3. group 134 followers
    1. forum 182 posts
    2. attach_file 6 attachments

Search this Thread

What programs have you bought? Confess

Cloudy 
desert CA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT7, various
Broker: various, TDA
Trading: NQ,ES
Thanks Given: 2,396
Thanks Received: 1,748

Your welcome Vajatin. Thanks for the mention. I should add an update. The optionsincomevideos offer an ok value for
the material. But today I would recommend newcomers to options to try out the "Liz & Jenny" show on tastytrade.com ( https://tastytrade.com/tt/shows/LJ ) which is now free to watch with registration and their older shows are all archived and available. They are on every weekday during the lunch hour of the trading session and use ThinkOrSwim for all their trades and examples. They also have a teaching segment of their hour long show where they cycle through for beginners.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
PowerLanguage & EasyLanguage. How to get the platfor …
EasyLanguage Programming
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
28 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
28 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
16 thanks

paps 
SF Bay Area + CA/US

Experience: None
Platform: TS, TOS, Ninja(Analytics)
Trading: NQ CL, ES when volatile mrkts
Thanks Given: 2,176
Thanks Received: 1,726

Hi Guys...came across this old thread. Thought of sharing & pitching in....

Rooms:-
Capital3x (Good but they traded FX at that time more than ES, went into more of copier service...was there for a couple of months on for chat)
Emini addict (good, but it was just FIBs. FIBs w/o Harmonics is not my thing)
S5Trading (Good...but do not login...as rooms can be distracting )
Jigsaw Skype (Am there....during off trading....it's a blast)

Books:-
West of Wall Street - George Angell (Sweet)
Reminiscences of a Stock Operator (Great Read)
Studies in Tape Reading - Wyckoff (The Master)
Tape Reading & Market Analytics (A classic)
The Traders Edge - Grant Noble (kool)
Mindful Trading:- Mastering Your Emotions & The Inner Game (Brilliant Psyco stuff)
Market Wizards (Real Good)
Quants (Educational)

Training:-
OpenTrader (Have learnt many things from Ziad & Awais. Thnx Guys)
NoBstrading- Bought 2 videos on Tape Reading (John is great for an amazing insight into Tape Reading)

Forums:-
futures.io (formerly BMT) (great. found folks the best & most respectful of idea sharing. Thanks Big Mike for such an approachable forum & all other members/elite who are part of this amazing community)

Indicators/Sw i have running:-
Jigsaw (Pretty good...got me into the world of Tape reading & exploration of FP in the process. Pete is superb and is amazing at customer satisfaction)
Emini-Watch (Good...i always have a screen up with the 4500/1500/500 tick charts running. Barry has been pretty responsive)
Zunaa (My insight into the world of Volume. Good stuff. Thnx Ken)
Market Profile s/w (Jared B & English Bob....thnx to whom I have TPO & MP running on Tradestation)
ATAS - (Pretty good....got me inquisitive into the world of further DOM study & FPs. Yearly Subscription)
TradePoint Software (Pretty Good....thnx to Pat who introduced me to HUD which gives overall market context single snapshot & Net New Trades. 2 Year subscription)

thnx
som

optionzen 
Dallas

Platform: ThinkorSwim, Ninjatrader, Multicharts
Broker: Thinkorswim, Ninjatrader Brokerage
Thanks Given: 137
Thanks Received: 106

Optiontiger courses over 5k
Renko spectrum bar plus divergence indicator 400,bucks
Topdog trading plus his indicators over 1200 bucks.
Rancho dinero pro over 1400 bucks
Fin algo market profile
Jigsaw Dom and 9gdom

JPJtrading MP training
Profiletrades MP training
over 20 plus TA books
and Various trading DVDs

Ninjatrader, multicharts and multicharts.net life time licences.

IBD, VectorVest, markettrendsignal subscriptions for stocks

I hope thats all, I cant believe i spent that much.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

Thanked by:

suko 
Kyoto, Japan
Market Wizard

Platform: TW TOS LiveVol
Broker: TD, TW, IB, Saxo
Trading: VXX, VIX, SPY
Thanks Given: 844
Thanks Received: 1,416

It amazes me how much money all these trading-related programs and services cost.

It's picks 'n' shovels in a gold rush.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 webicknell 
Atlanta, GA USA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: MetaTrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Well folks, this is my first post... a week ago I did not know this site existed... Am now an Elite Member.... Wish I joined when it was $25. So far, joining futures.io (formerly BMT) is my largest expense.

Have not made a trade so far.... Have traded Stocks, Forex and options (spreads)

Still trying to determine if any of these high dollar training programs are worth it... Leaning towards the "No"

Spending a lot of time here and watching PA youtubes.... Mostly "PATs Price Action Day Trading"

kevinkdog   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 1,892
Thanks Received: 7,357

webicknell View Post
Well folks, this is my first post... a week ago I did not know this site existed... Am now an Elite Member.... Wish I joined when it was $25. So far, joining futures.io (formerly BMT) is my largest expense.

Have not made a trade so far.... Have traded Stocks, Forex and options (spreads)

Still trying to determine if any of these high dollar training programs are worth it... Leaning towards the "No"

Spending a lot of time here and watching PA youtubes.... Mostly "PATs Price Action Day Trading"

Keep leaning and leaning!

Finding your own way is 1000x better than shelling out thousands.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 Keith Leesus 
New York

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Tradier, esignal and OptionVue
Broker: Tradier Brokerage
Trading: Stock, Options
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

It amazes me how much we spend. This year I made it a mission to reduce my software costs. Still working on it.
This is a great thread.

Anyway...
1. I use realtimestockquote.com sometimes( Free).
2. Learnt a lot from investopedia.com too
3. eSignal(I get it free from Tradier)
4. Tradier.

maggtrading
quintana roo, méxico

Thanks Given: 222
Thanks Received: 40

over a year ago i took some time to share which trading products i have bought and for how much. back then i was still hopeful that the customizedtrading.com products i bought would deliver, thus my review was overly optimistic, i think an update would be warranted now and it could be valuable for those who are considering buying from them.

+ mark david johnson's - multiple time frame price action indicator - is useless. the only way to trade profitably is to get the trend of the day right from the very beginning. that, or to have a nimble indicator that reverses while the loss of your first trade is still small and can be recouped handily. customizedtrading.com's multiple time frame indicator often puts you into a wrong first trade and then doesn't reverse until too late when the trend you went against is actually now over. not only that, it draws with a lag of one bar, so you don't have a value for the bar that is being currently drawn, at the end of the day it might look very nice with all the bars drawn but for live trading it is useless.

+ i also bought their - fully automated multiple time frame price action strategy - and as it is provided it will wipe out your account. the supposedly "turn key" strategy is meant to be run on kase bars but the code doesn't execute correctly on kase bars; all entries and exits execute a bar late so getting even a small winner is actually a fluke. it also takes too many swings, on flat days when price is going nowhere it keeps going long at the high of the day and short at the low. all in all i spent $10,000 which i was expecting to recover in trading profits within months but that just won't happen.

there are magnificent free indicators that work great like the keltner channel and heikin ashi bars. as for automated strategies, i guess the best way to go would be to not buy any product that does not allow for a trial period. there are a lot of superb resources that are freely available on tradestation's channel, on youtube, in public trading forums like bmt, in tradestation's forums, if someone puts in the time to find valuable stuff, they definitely will.

Thanked by:
 budfox 
Toronto

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra
Broker: MB
Trading: ES

Cloudy View Post
More of an MT4 system sucker before I came here.

The following were a waste of time:

Dynamic Trader v4 $2k (old scam. NT7 can do all it can do easy with free indicators)
Forex Godfather $97(refunded)
LMT Forex Formula $97
Forex Crescendo $97 (refunded)
Top Dog Trading courses, Barry Burns $400+
Forex Rebellion $97
Timothy Sykes Penny Stock Millionaire $2k (refunded, after much hassle)
Tripletrend.com $200 (hiding/changing losers, inserting after-the-fact winners in public performance "records")
Triplestrike.com $97
Traders-secret-library.com $500, 1 yr membership. (the same 7 people keep posting , rarely... only like 1 or 2 of the winning
surefire trading contest winners didn't have a massive drawdown %, most articles from other vendors' free stuff. webinars by staff only a few hours long, and not enough covered or taught to be consistent.)
Quantified Stock Market Trading Strategies & Systems - TradingMarkets.com "powerratings" $99 x 3 months (cancelled, ratings not 80%, more like 50% i.e. throw a dart blindfolded , kept getting ads for "the machine", $3k to use or something)
"traders secret code" Day Trading System $97
Home - Jon Markman's Trader's Advantage by Jon Markman $99 x 2 months (cancelled. very bad losers, single option calls and puts. I don't even think Markman himself chose those trades. Some kind of crap shop hired to make the signal newsletter/website; kept fudging or hiding losers in public performance "records". After this, leery of CNBC, FOX "celebrities"' services i.e. Maria Bartolomo, Larry Levin etc. )
Various trading books, some used/old $200

Hi Cloudy,

Just performing some research on Timothy Sykes, after some of my colleagues have heavily recommended him and are profitable trading his penny stock system.

I am curious how was his service? and why you think it was a waste of time? Also how long have you traded his system?

Thank You,

BF.

@Cloudy

Cloudy 
desert CA

Platform: NT7, various
Broker: various, TDA
Trading: NQ,ES
Thanks Given: 2,396
Thanks Received: 1,748

Hi Budfox, Glad to comment. I tried a trial for 60 days. This was maybe three to five years ago. It wasn't a good experience where we just had a few webinars. Also hard to even try out his short list suggestions. Maybe Sykes does know how to trade for himself, but his offer through WIA (wealthinsideralliance) was really a subpar program. Not to mention he was a really young guy with too much of a teen vibe and showing off his girlfriend having her heard in the webinar too while they were goofing off. I had to fight to get the refund to my CC sending them captures of all my sim trades showing them to be losers. (some WIA support email person) I know Sykes does other programs or whatever and is always controversial re: his supposed training of retail students in whatever program he comes up with next. There is far more info and threads about Sykes' current activities on elitetrader.com ; I decided to leave well enough alone and search elsewhere re: swing and stock trading.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Last Updated on March 25, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts