NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

jrs659,my 1st journal,football

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one jrs659 with 18 posts (14 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 3 posts (4 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 bugsbunny with 1 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one PandaWarrior with 3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two cory with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 1.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 jrs659 with 0.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 5,288 views
    2. thumb_up 24 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 24 posts
    2. attach_file 27 attachments

Search this Thread

jrs659,my 1st journal,football

jrs659 
paige tx

Experience: Beginner
Platform: ninja
Broker: used to be PFG
Trading: futures
Thanks Given: 187
Thanks Received: 31

Guess I am going to be a little like that Bobby guy,,
Did't plan on trading real money today, the range killed me . Revenge trading, keep looking for the break outs.

The markets have just chewed me up, you think all that time on MP I would be looking for rotation.
I post the chart, for maybe my future reference, but I a going to lick my wounds for awhile. Good Luck to all who read, in the back of my mind, I do believe you can bet the ES, I am like a deer in headlight with real money, but I am really not that good sim either,
Last comment, finally got my breakout, had the right target, bad timing, never have been able to wait. Said the same 4 yrs ago,,,,Thanks jrs

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ES 12-15 (3 Min) _ ES 12-15 (15 Min)  10_12_2015bm.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	226.3 KB
ID:	195046  
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
21 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks

jrs659 
paige tx

When I trade again there will be a news calendar in left corner.
Today is Columbus day and Can, Thanksgiving.

jrs659 
paige tx

say the trade in 1st chart,I made a good trade, good reasoning,,,I have do 2 contracts, you can see ,
had Measured Move drawn, out early(STUPID) and tried to countertrend( VA area on 5min.

2nd chart,,,saw the devercance stayed and made a little,.
Stop counter trending.

Maybe bar charts and KISS.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ES 12-15 (6500 Volume)  10_13_2015.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	182.4 KB
ID:	195126   Click image for larger version

Name:	ES 12-15 (6500 Volume)  10_13_201522.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	185.8 KB
ID:	195127  

jrs659 
paige tx

back monday

jrs659 
paige tx

as u can tell I am not done yet.
Which subject is more difficult than mathematics?

Can you give an argument as to which subject may be harder than Mathematics and what kind of knowledge is more advanced than mathematical knowledge?
Some say Physics or Chemistry are more difficult. This is a subjective opinion. In fact many other sciences use mathematical findings to discover things further. One could say Mathematics is the "mother" of sciences from which all (?) others spring...

Can you give an argument as to which subject may be harder than Mathematics and what kind of knowledge is more advanced than mathematical knowledge?
Some say Physics or Chemistry are more difficult. This is a subjective opinion. In fact many other sciences use mathematical findings to discover things further. One could say Mathematics is the "mother" of sciences from which all (?) others spring.
There is a high concentration of geniuses/people with high IQ in Mathematics specifically
Every subject. My daughter majored in math because it was the easiest major. She never intended to be a mathematician; she got a masters degree in international management, a field she found far more challenging and more fun. Now she is the Executive Director of Berkeley Earth.

Probably most people would find classical music composition to be more challenging than math.

I think we all tend to strive to be able to do things for which we have little talent. For some people, that's math. For others, it is business. For others, music. Maybe language. Maybe politics. Maybe physics. Any subject in which you have no talent is more difficult than math.

It has been my suggestion to many people that, instead of trying to fill in their weak areas, that they go with their areas of strength. The problem is that people don't give themselves much credit for those talents that come easy. Freeman Dyson, known after WWII as the greatest mathematician in the UK (and maybe in the world) was asked, "How do you do it?" His answer, "You are asking the wrong question. The right question is, 'Why doesn't everyone else'". Math came so easy to him that he couldn't understand why it didn't to everyone.

It is a common mistake to think that someone whose talent lies in a different realm than yours does is necessarily smarter. Perhaps that person thinks you are smarter.

I've known some of the best mathematicians in the world. I would not rank them as smarter than some of the best businessmen I've known. Who was smarter, Bill Thurston (one of the great mathematicians of the 20th century, and my brother-in-law) or Bill Gates? I've spend enough time with each to be able to say clearly that there is no way I could compare them. They are both among the smartest people I've ever known, but their talents are in completely different areas, with little overlap.

I became a good friend of Bo Callaway. His talent in business was so great that he didn't aspire to make money, except when he needed it. He decided to run for Senator of Colorado. To do that he needed 10 million dollars. He told me that rather than begging wealthy people for the money, he was going to open a new ski resort and when it was successful, it would provide the required capital. He explained to me how he was going to do that, how he would convince all the necessary people (transportation, hotels, restaurants) to come in and profit with him. So he created Crested Butte ski area. He quickly profited by the required $10M, and went on to lose the race for Senate. To him, making money was easier. Having lots of money was not important, so he made it only when he needed it. He aspired to greatness in politics, an arena in which his talent was not as natural.

Humans appear to have a multidimensional brain. Some find math easy; others music; others politics; others business. Math isn't harder. It's just different.

Richard Muller

Prof. Physics UC Berkeley, author "Physics for Future Presidents"
ne yet,LOL, need to keep this ,for future

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 10, 2016

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts