NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Webinar: NewPageTrader, Aug 16th 2011

Discussion in Platforms and Indicators

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 9 posts (3 thanks)
    2. looks_two npalan with 6 posts (3 thanks)
    3. looks_3 aquarian1 with 3 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 gvv1965 with 2 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one forrestang with 1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two npalan with 0.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 jdella with 0.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 0.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 12,765 views
    2. thumb_up 9 thanks given
    3. group 9 followers
    1. forum 30 posts
    2. attach_file 5 attachments

Search this Thread

Webinar: NewPageTrader, Aug 16th 2011

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,537

Hmm, it seems my normal introduction was not recorded properly for whatever reason in today's webinar. I'm assuming everyone live could hear me do the introduction before turning it over to Alan, but the recording only starts with Alan. ?

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
25 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

gvv1965 
Rome, Italy

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TradeStation
Trading: ES, Options
Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 20

Big Mike View Post
Hmm, it seems my normal introduction was not recorded properly for whatever reason in today's webinar. I'm assuming everyone live could hear me do the introduction before turning it over to Alan, but the recording only starts with Alan. ?

Mike

Mike
your introduction was heard clearly.
Unfortunately, at least for a non native speaking like myself, the presentation was truly complex to be followed and understood so, though if I got the impression of a promising solution, I am not genuinely convinced it is a programming-free platform, and I left the webinar before it was over.
I understand that the forum and the presentations are mainly meant for native English speaking people, but, if possible, I would suggest another round of presentation in a clearer English and with relatively easier examples, than the one offered yesterday.
Additionally, I think that a step by step description of process (on Power Point or similar) on how the example system is built and the rules are generated (or written) would be beneficial both to better understand the presentation and for any eventual trials of NewPageTrader.
Ciao
G

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

jagui 
Italy - Roma

Platform: Ninja + proprietary
Broker: IB
Trading: Index futures, Forex, Stocks
Thanks Given: 298
Thanks Received: 313

gvv1965 View Post
Mike
Unfortunately, at least for a non native speaking like myself, the presentation was truly complex to be followed and understood so, though if I got the impression of a promising solution, I am not genuinely convinced it is a programming-free platform, and I left the webinar before it was over.
I understand that the forum and the presentations are mainly meant for native English speaking people, but, if possible, I would suggest another round of presentation in a clearer English and with relatively easier examples, than the one offered yesterday.
Additionally, I think that a step by step description of process (on Power Point or similar) on how the example system is built and the rules are generated (or written) would be beneficial both to better understand the presentation and for any eventual trials of NewPageTrader.
Ciao
G

+1

jdella 
Concord, NH USA

Platform: Ninja trader
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 140
Thanks Received: 115

Big Mike View Post
I want to thank @ npalan Alan @ NewPageSoft for the webinar today.

I realize that the first part of the webinar where Alan was going over, in detail, how to assemble cjbooth's sytem into the platform was a bit hard to follow. I believe this was my fault, as I asked Alan to do this without understanding how complex the system was

So, sorry about that.

The rest of the webinar was good and the platform is quite interesting and unique. I hope you guys will sign up for the beta and give them some feedback to help them make it better. More competition in the platform world helps us all have better products

I'll post the recording of the webinar later today or tomorrow.

Congratulations to the three winners of the $150 gift cards (each): @ laurentpcupdate, @fearful syymmetry, @ fireman912.

Mike

I have to say that I am very disappointed Big Mike at you allowing a 3rd party vendor to sell their wares and actually have the audacity to name the indicators they are using after the man that so generously gave and has continued to give for free his method. That isn't right in my opinion. Now these guys are going to try and profit from a method that they didn't even design. Never thought you would allow that.

monpere 
Bala, PA, USA

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Mirus, IB
Trading: SPY, Oil, Euro
Thanks Given: 300
Thanks Received: 3,371

gvv1965 View Post
Mike
Ciao
G

Given that this approach is so different from anything we are used to in the industry, I think going through a simpler example from scratch, start to finish would give a better view of how a user would use the system.

Thanked by:

Lornz 
Oslo, Norway

Platform: CQG, Excel
Trading: CL

monpere View Post
Given that this approach is so different from anything we are used to in the industry, I think going through a simpler example from scratch, start to finish would give a better view of how a user would use the system.

Yes, I think a simpler example would make it easier for people to understand the mechanics of the system.

The graphical presentation is not unique however. Trading Technologies bought TickIt last year, and their "Algo Design Lab" offers the same "circuital" view.

But, unlike TickIT, I assume NPT will be priced for the retail customers, and it will be interesting to see how the program evolves...

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

forrestang 
Chicago IL

Experience: None
Platform: Ninja, MT4, Matlab
Broker: CQG, AMP, MB, DTN
Trading: E/U, G/U
Thanks Given: 354
Thanks Received: 1,047

jdella View Post
I have to say that I am very disappointed Big Mike at you allowing a 3rd party vendor to sell their wares and actually have the audacity to name the indicators they are using after the man that so generously gave and has continued to give for free his method. That isn't right in my opinion. Now these guys are going to try and profit from a method that they didn't even design. Never thought you would allow that.

I don't think that was the intention @jdella.

I think they just wanted to show how one could use their software to code something more complex than a moving average crossover system without having to know how to use typical programming languages.

Although I agree with a few others that the example was a bit too complex to really show off how it could work.

Thanked by:

gvv1965 
Rome, Italy

Platform: TradeStation
Trading: ES, Options
Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 20

forrestang View Post
I don't think that was the intention @ jdella.

I think they just wanted to show how one could use their software to code something more complex than a moving average crossover system without having to know how to use typical programming languages.

Although I agree with a few others that the example was a bit too complex to really show off how it could work.

Tend to agree with Forrestang about the goal (demonstrating the features and how actually the platform works).
However, a more effective presentation, IMHO, would have been much more effective if structured more or less like this
  1. Introduction of the platform (was done but in quite a scattered way)
  2. Logic and philosophy underlining the project of NPT and its features (as above)
  3. Case study based on a simpler (not a banal one, but a simpler one) trading plan
  4. Future plans about new features, releases, and so on (maybe it has been done, but I left before the end due to my poor understanding of the presentation itself)
  5. Pricing :-)
The case study should have been structured in turn with a crisp and precise presentation of it (rules and logic behind) then a step by step implementation, from scratch to the final product. Eventually, having implemented from the basic case study, it could have been possible to further implement it, adding rules, orders, indicators, to demonstrate the flexibility of NPT.

Finally, as an european potential user I would ask whether any integration with european data provider is foreseen, along with any further details about costs or at least pricing approach of NPT

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

Platform: IB and free NT
Broker: IB
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,509
Thanks Received: 2,593

npalan View Post
Hi,

Hong Kong is running a different legal system. We are using a British legal system as Hong Kong was a British colony before. In Hong Kong, you can sue the Government and you can win. This is an environment completely different from mainland China. The law of Hong Kong was written in English; not in Chinese.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your time and I hope that you can retry our product at some time.

Thanks,
Alan

Thank-you Allan. - but you have not answer point one.

peace, love and joy to you
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,537

jdella View Post

You have misunderstood. The guys have a new platform, and the idea was to show how to create a common system on futures.io (formerly BMT) could be easily created on the platform. Unfortunately it didn't look too easy, and came off as very complex instead. cjbooth is not an Elite Member, there should be no chance he is using any elite indicators.

But they are not selling the system, it was just a demo. As for naming the indicators, they are listed in a public (non-Elite) forum, it is no secret.

They are not going to profit from it. I think you have completely taken this out of context. They are a platform. Like NinjaTrader, MultiCharts. They have no interest in marketing a trading method.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Last Updated on August 30, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts