NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

PriceActionSwing discussion

Discussion in NinjaTrader

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Silvester17 with 177 posts (570 thanks)
    2. looks_two dorschden with 99 posts (1,124 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 52 posts (90 thanks)
    4. looks_4 jmont1 with 51 posts (23 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one dorschden with 11.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Silvester17 with 3.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 1.7 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 sudhirc with 1.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 965,025 views
    2. thumb_up 2,947 thanks given
    3. group 613 followers
    1. forum 2,093 posts
    2. attach_file 615 attachments

Search this Thread

PriceActionSwing discussion

aja1946 
madrid

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: sierra
Trading: es
Thanks Given: 15
Thanks Received: 7

Futureskill View Post
By simply adding .wav has resolved the sound issue. Cheers for that quick fix.

Is there a way to configure this indicator or any similar indicator to replicate Ira Epstein swing indicator? I leave video so you can see how his swing indicator marks the highs and lows.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
 jmont1 
New York, NY

Platform: NinjaTrader8
Broker: Data = Rithmic -- Gives 70 Level II Data
Trading: 6C (Low Margin,) 6E, CL, GC, ES and Maybe DX for smaller tick value
Thanks Given: 1,719
Thanks Received: 1,019

aja1946 View Post
Is there a way to configure this indicator or any similar indicator to replicate Ira Epstein swing indicator? I leave video so you can see how his swing indicator marks the highs and lows.

@aja1946, this video did not focus on explaining the fundamentals of his swing indicator. It shows the arrows but does not explain them. My guess is that you have not really looked at PAS to see that it will show highs/lows as well as higher highs and lower lows.

Please experiment with the indicator settings. Then find a video that explains his system. Now expound on the inherent differneces of PAS to Swing and try to offer a reasonable modification to bring them in line.

Good trading ALL !!!

aja1946 
madrid

jmont1 View Post
@aja1946, this video did not focus on explaining the fundamentals of his swing indicator. It shows the arrows but does not explain them. My guess is that you have not really looked at PAS to see that it will show highs/lows as well as higher highs and lower lows.

Please experiment with the indicator settings. Then find a video that explains his system. Now expound on the inherent differneces of PAS to Swing and try to offer a reasonable modification to bring them in line.

Good trading ALL !!!

Jmont,

There is not such video. It´s not difficult to compare how his indicator marks the swings and to deduct the differences with a regular swing indicator, that is the easy part. The difficult part is to program the differences in the swing indicator because PAS or NinjaPriceAction do not offer the necessary adjustments to do it.

jmont1 
New York, NY

Platform: NinjaTrader8
Broker: Data = Rithmic -- Gives 70 Level II Data
Trading: 6C (Low Margin,) 6E, CL, GC, ES and Maybe DX for smaller tick value
Thanks Given: 1,719
Thanks Received: 1,019

aja1946 View Post
Jmont, There is not such video. It´s not difficult to compare how his indicator marks the swings and to deduct the differences with a regular swing indicator, that is the easy part. The difficult part is to program the differences in the swing indicator because PAS or NinjaPriceAction do not offer the necessary adjustments to do it.

@aja1946 from the video it looks like his swing is just using a swing size of one (1) rather than PAS where people usually look for longer periods before declaring a new swing.
Try going to "parameters" just above the Data Series. Change the Swing Size to one (1) then try tick instead of standard or other options to see if it matches over time. You could do it and look back at his older videos to confirm the match also.

Please comment back if this does/does not work.

Good luck!

aja1946 
madrid

jmont1 View Post
@aja1946 from the video it looks like his swing is just using a swing size of one (1) rather than PAS where people usually look for longer periods before declaring a new swing.
Try going to "parameters" just above the Data Series. Change the Swing Size to one (1) then try tick instead of standard or other options to see if it matches over time. You could do it and look back at his older videos to confirm the match also.

Please comment back if this does/does not work.

Good luck!

Settings size to 1 and in type "percentage" doesn´t cut it completely. For instance, weekly candle in the ES-emini on September 18th, in Ira´s indicator there is a swing. The reason is that even though the candle closed lower than the previous candle, it has a high that is higher than the open of the previous candle. Some programming adjustments need to be done for that, I believe.

Silvester17 
Columbus, OH
Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: NT 8, TOS
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 5,139
Thanks Received: 11,527

aja1946 View Post
Settings size to 1 and in type "percentage" doesn´t cut it completely. For instance, weekly candle in the ES-emini on September 18th, in Ira´s indicator there is a swing. The reason is that even though the candle closed lower than the previous candle, it has a high that is higher than the open of the previous candle. Some programming adjustments need to be done for that, I believe.

I highly doubt that this indicator needs adjustments. taking your settings (swing size 1, swing type percentage), there's a lower high on sept, 18

aja1946 
madrid

Silvester17 View Post
I highly doubt that this indicator needs adjustments. taking your settings (swing size 1, swing type percentage), there's a lower high on sept, 18

Using PriceActionSwingPro, Nt8, is not drawing the swing for the candle of September 18th, settings type "percent" swing size "1". Data Series: price based on "last", type "week", value "1". Trading hours "Use instrument setting".

aja1946 
madrid

Silvester,

Can you upload a template so I can check why my indicator is not working properly?

Silvester17 
Columbus, OH
Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: NT 8, TOS
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 5,139
Thanks Received: 11,527

aja1946 View Post
Silvester,

Can you upload a template so I can check why my indicator is not working properly?

it is working properly. I think you need to adjust the "days to load" in the data series. how many days did you load?

aja1946 
madrid

Silvester17 View Post
it is working properly. I think you need to adjust the "days to load" in the data series. how many days did you load?

In the weekly chart, 1825 days, but I just changed to 222 days and it doesn´t solve it.

Last Updated on January 7, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts